Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

How does ebay feel about cancelling bids?

POST A REPLY

Jun 18, 2012, 5:49pm   #1
denton
a guy
Greetings, I have an item on ebay that should sell for about $1500, right now it's around $1100.

The high bidder, who has a FB of 37 (I'm in the 1400s), sent me a msg (thru ebay) asking me to cancel his bid, no explanation given.

I responded, you can do that yourself. He hasn't done it and it's been a couple of days.

I could cancel it, but does ebay hold these statistics? It's his fault, not mine, and I don't want to have problems with ebay cuz he has buyer's remorse.

Should I insist he cancel his own bid? If I don't, and he turns out to be high bidder, then that brings up a whole other set of problems.
Jun 18, 2012, 6:02pm   #2
P
Phred
just cancel and put them on your BBL. State the reason as 'bidder requested'
Jun 18, 2012, 6:04pm   #3
PickyCoachLover
MoreRoseGoldPlease
Yeah...everyone who cancels bids with me goes to the block list. Too much aggravation, especially when they cancel at the last minute. :(
Jun 18, 2012, 6:30pm   #4
denton
a guy
Thanks guys. I cancelled his bid and moved on.
Jun 18, 2012, 6:30pm   #5
tutushopper
♥ Lambskin Lover ♥
Heck, if ******** can cancel 80 auctions worth of bids, I'm sure you can cancel one person's bid. :)
Jun 18, 2012, 7:48pm   #6
h
hotshot
Originally Posted by tutushopper
heck, if ******** can cancel 80 auctions worth of bids, i'm sure you can cancel one person's bid. :)

lol....
Jun 18, 2012, 8:02pm   #7
carlpsmom
Heck, if ******** can cancel 80 auctions worth of bids, I'm sure you can cancel one person's bid. :)
Jun 18, 2012, 8:31pm   #8
MarneeB
~One Day At A Time~
heck, if ******** can cancel 80 auctions worth of bids, i'm sure you can cancel one person's bid. :)

Lol!
Jun 18, 2012, 8:37pm   #9
gacats
love me some bags!
Haha, well said.
Jun 18, 2012, 10:51pm   #10
poopsie2
Are you ready Steve?
What is the point of having and setting seller preferences to block doofuses like this if no one bothers to give them their well deserved strike?
Jun 19, 2012, 5:13pm   #11
mizsunshyne
^This. ITA.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >