Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

High value item

POST A REPLY

Jun 27, 2012, 12:28am   #1
LoVeinLA
Paris 2014 or Bust
I'm thinking of selling a $2000 purse w a bid starting at $1800, but afraid to sell on eBay due to horror stories. But i want to give it a shot because I've had success selling and buying all under a few hundred bucks. What is the best practice to selling a high priced item on eBay? Thank you in advance for your help!
Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 12:43am.
Jun 27, 2012, 12:43am   #2
MarneeB
~One Day At A Time~
Hi! There's a 'Ebay safety tips' sticky thread above where you will get lots of advice and tips. Good luck!
Jun 27, 2012, 5:30am   #3
Jagger
Live Long...and SHOP
Originally Posted by LoVeinLA
I'm thinking of selling a $2000 purse w a bid starting at $1800, but afraid to sell on eBay due to horror stories. But i want to give it a shot because I've had success selling and buying all under a few hundred bucks. What is the best practice to selling a high priced item on eBay? Thank you in advance for your help!
Hey girl - I've sold a few over $1800 and over $2500 with no problems *knock on wood*.....yet

With items over $800 though I only keep it in the US (domestic) and set my requirements high as well as contact with the buyer -- BIN with immediate payment.
Jun 27, 2012, 6:35am   #4
sunflower5
i just had a horrific experience selling via ebay (story posted shortly). i may be out 5k. please don't let it happen to you!
Jun 27, 2012, 7:37am   #5
noshoepolish
Addicted to Coach
I do US only on high value items.
Jun 27, 2012, 8:23am   #6
h
hotshot
And I would consider shipping this bag with a security tag & say in your listing

that if the tag is removed,the bag cannot be returned

Agree that no international shipping for sure....
Jun 27, 2012, 6:33pm   #7
*schmoo*
I noticed on another seller's listing, that they VIDEO the packaging of the bag to help protect against buyer scam, along with using a security tag. Always do signature confirmation and insurance. And post lots and lots of pictures of your bag, all the flaws, etc.

I sold a few designer bags but nothing over 1G so far - thankfully without incident.
Jun 27, 2012, 6:45pm   #8
w
wendySpk
I wonder if you could do at least 100 positive fb or some such?
Jun 27, 2012, 7:42pm   #9
h
hotshot
^ Have noticed that some sellers will say in their listings if a buyer has 0

or under 10 feedback to contact seller ..but don't really knowhow successful

that is..
Jun 27, 2012, 8:01pm   #10
Chestnutty
Moja Angelika
Well, have you considered consignment?
Jun 27, 2012, 11:50pm   #11
cshimmer
Originally Posted by sunflower5
i just had a horrific experience selling via ebay (story posted shortly). i may be out 5k. please don't let it happen to you!
Oh my gosh, i just read your thread. Wishing this gets all sorted out for you... hopefully it's the buyer's misunderstanding...
Jun 28, 2012, 12:07am   #12
LoVeinLA
Paris 2014 or Bust
Thanks everyone! After reading your comments and digesting them all, and reading the eBay forum and stickies - I'm going to NOT sell my purse. I can't afford to lose it all considering this purse is almost new....
Jun 28, 2012, 9:01am   #13
h
hotshot
^think you have made a good decision for yourself...
Jun 28, 2012, 12:10pm   #14
jellyv
Originally Posted by Chestnutty
Well, have you considered consignment?
Yes. It's a safe way to sell, if you go with the respected resellers.
Jun 28, 2012, 5:48pm   #15
L
Louboufan
Originally Posted by LoVeinLA
Thanks everyone! After reading your comments and digesting them all, and reading the eBay forum and stickies - I'm going to NOT sell my purse. I can't afford to lose it all considering this purse is almost new....
I think you may want to try the consignment route. The only issue is that the profit may not be as high if you sold on ebay.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >