Home Shopping Resources eBay Forum

HELP!! A xx's e-mail make me hung in front of my computer~about eBay transaction

POST A REPLY

Apr 18, 2006, 9:40pm   #46
B
so..how do you go to the auction and look...sorry..I stink at the computer stuff...!
Apr 18, 2006, 9:41pm   #47
B
oops-found the link..sorry!
Apr 18, 2006, 9:48pm   #48
I don't get it at all... ???

Well, neways, everything does not sound right. Why would the buyer even think about paying $600 for a "supposedly fake" bag?
I can understand if the seller is afraid that the buyer is going to bait and switch.. but if i am a buyer, and i don't feel comfortable with the transaction, i would totally agree to cancel the whole transaction, especially if i feel this bag might be a fake one..
Apr 18, 2006, 9:54pm   #49
yeah, but how bad is her feedback? Bad enough to create a story I guess{?}
Apr 18, 2006, 10:13pm   #50
:blink: :blink: . I'm going to bed now.
Apr 18, 2006, 10:31pm   #51
BTW, her feedback is -2, have any of you seem an ebayer has a feedback lower than this? I just out of my mind and stupid enough to let her bid...I am too naive...to trust her. I bring headache for myself. So be EXTREMELY careful on eBay. And I properly won't sell on eBay anymore.
Apr 18, 2006, 10:35pm   #52
-2!? Usually people aren't permitted to continue eBaying w/ feedback like that! If you give her a neg, she'll be NARU'd.
Apr 18, 2006, 10:46pm   #53
Plisse Me!
This is precisely the reason why I hate eBay. What a massive ball of confusion.
Apr 18, 2006, 10:48pm   #54
Apple, I would just tell her that you are cancelling the transaction b/c the item is no longer available. Be VERY apologetic and to the point. Explain that the interactions have become so hostile that you no longer feel comfortable completing the transaction. Point out to her that if she complains, then you will have to post negative feedback for her. Refund any money she sent, including shipping.

I will say that I ALWAYS email sellers when I win bags to double check authenticity. Those that have nothing to hide always get right back to me and gaurantee that the bags are real. Once someone was selling a fake, and they were very quick to cancell the deal (as was I since I didn't want a fake:-) So maybe this seller is just trying to make sure that she is not getting ripped off? Of course bait and switch is a concern too, so get out while you can. One negative feedback can't hurt you that much.
Apr 18, 2006, 10:52pm   #55
Earth to Bella
AppleB, you are the one who let this person bid with terrible feedback. I dont see anything wrong with what the buyer said or did.
AppleB, you seemed very defensive about authenticity questions, that would make me not want to buy. Also in this case I think there may have been a bit of a language barrier that made it a difficult to understand the seller's position. This might have added to the buyers concerns. Though, it is the buyers responsibility to ask all questions before bidding, not win the auction(before someone else) then ask ???'s after. No matter how great the listing looks or having tons of positive feedback, if the seller wont communicate, I dont feel confident and wont buy. So to all you eBay sellers selling authentic merchandise, you might be missing out on a high bidder if you are not willing to answer ???'s or take a couple xtra pics!
Apr 18, 2006, 10:54pm   #56
Balenciaga's lover
Dang it... next time just give us the shorter version of the story. It took me awhile to figure out who's the buyer and seller... Plus there are too many personal info disclosed.
Apr 18, 2006, 10:54pm   #57
Fellow "Passionista"
Originally Posted by print*model
:blink: :blink: . I'm going to bed now.
Apr 18, 2006, 10:58pm   #58
I've been a bit confused by this thread....
Apr 18, 2006, 11:07pm   #59
OK finally finished reading everything! sheshhhh! I think a tag would have been a good idea so that the buyer would not switch with you for a fake one. I know the buyer had bad feedback so Apple i don't think you should have allowed her to bid in the first place. But since the damage is already done, you should go ahead and cancel the transaction or go ahead and take the bad feedback. I don't see any other way.
Apr 18, 2006, 11:44pm   #60
My eyes and my brain hurt ... Stories like this convince me to stay the heck away from eBay - what a nightmare!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources eBay Forum