Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Help Quick! I think I purchased a fake.

POST A REPLY

Jul 23, 2012, 10:46pm   #31
tutushopper
♥ Lambskin Lover ♥
Looks like a pretty awesome bag, and it does sound and look like the guy was telling the truth.
Jul 23, 2012, 10:55pm   #32
chinableu
Wow. That's one smashing bag!
Jul 23, 2012, 11:25pm   #33
M
Morisa
Gorgeous bag. Like I said before, I think you just got a mislabeled bag. Since it was probably even maybe a prototype/sample for the photoshoot, I'm not surprised that the style number was off. It doesn't make sense that it would be a "fake" if it hadn't even been released yet to the general public.

I say you should enjoy your lovely new bag at the amazing price you got, and don't let it bother you! You have a very unique bag that's certainly one-of-a-kind!
Jul 24, 2012, 12:16am   #34
tutushopper
♥ Lambskin Lover ♥
^^I agree, and the color is fabulous! So you got a real bag at a great price, and you don't have to worry anymore that it's fake so all is well with the bag world. :)
Jul 24, 2012, 4:08am   #35
whateve
Yes, all is well now!
Now I feel a little bad about giving the seller a bad time.
Jul 24, 2012, 4:28am   #36
tutushopper
♥ Lambskin Lover ♥
Maybe you could just send a nice email to the seller, let them know why you were worried but that you are now super happy and excited and thrilled to have such a special bag! I really think it's "smashing" as well, and would love to take it off your hands if you ever tire of it (not a solicitation...disclaimer). :)

ETA: Whoopsies, I went a bit overboard on all those superlatives up there, but it is a really great bag!
Last edited Jul 24, 2012 at 4:33am.
Jul 24, 2012, 5:08am   #37
whateve
Originally Posted by tutushopper
Maybe you could just send a nice email to the seller, let them know why you were worried but that you are now super happy and excited and thrilled to have such a special bag! I really think it's "smashing" as well, and would love to take it off your hands if you ever tire of it (not a solicitation...disclaimer). :)

ETA: Whoopsies, I went a bit overboard on all those superlatives up there, but it is a really great bag!
I sent the seller an email. The seller was really nice through this whole process. I know that some people can get defensive or mad and say things they shouldn't but he didn't. He sent me pictures he had taken at Dillard's after the package was already on its way, to show me that the one in the store was identical to the one I was getting.

I also fished for more information. Wouldn't it be great to see the actual photo ads that were taken with my bag and know that it was my bag?
Jul 24, 2012, 5:17am   #38
tutushopper
♥ Lambskin Lover ♥
That would indeed be awesome!
Jul 24, 2012, 5:28pm   #39
M
Morisa
Originally Posted by whateve
I also fished for more information. Wouldn't it be great to see the actual photo ads that were taken with my bag and know that it was my bag?
That would be so cool. I'd try to get a print copy of the ad and keep it with the bag as a sentimental token.

It's almost like having an autographed hat or something....
Jul 24, 2012, 7:05pm   #40
A
AuntieMame
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by whateve
I sent the seller an email. The seller was really nice through this whole process. I know that some people can get defensive or mad and say things they shouldn't but he didn't. He sent me pictures he had taken at Dillard's after the package was already on its way, to show me that the one in the store was identical to the one I was getting.

I'm glad it all worked out for you, whateve! And I'm glad to hear of a nice seller too.
Jul 24, 2012, 8:01pm   #41
h
hotshot
This turned out rather well...enjoy the bag...

You can try to call Dilliard's PR office to request a photo of the displayed bag..

You never know...
Jul 24, 2012, 10:50pm   #42
carlpsmom
It is a very nice bag! Glad it looks to have worked out well. :)
Jul 26, 2012, 7:46am   #43
chinableu
I saw your purse in the window of Coach yesterday and thought of you.

POST A REPLY
  HOME > >