Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

help! is it safe to buy off ebay?

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Apr 19, 2007, 2:00am   #1
candiesim
A seller sent me a email offering me for either black or white city w/ GH for $1300 off ebay! as he/ she doesnt want to pay fees'. i had asked some questions and was outbid in the auction of a truffle GH which goes up to $2025. any thoughts?
Apr 19, 2007, 2:18am   #2
robotdoll
does this seller have good feedbacks or only sells authentic bags? do it only if you feel comfortable with it. and if you do, make sure to use paypal with credit card payment. no MO, personal checks, or paypal funds. good luck!
Apr 19, 2007, 2:39am   #3
gr8heart
-for YSL!
Oh my, please be careful! I know there is something posted on the front page of the forum about ebay scams that have happened to people who have been outbid. And it all starts with and email offering the item...Oprah had a special on this, too. Do not communicate through personal email. Do not use wire transfers...There is so much risk involved so please keep reading about the scams on this site and on Oprah's. Good Luck!
Apr 19, 2007, 6:06am   #4
ladyisobel
Sarah
very dodgy, i don't think i would go there
Apr 19, 2007, 6:14am   #5
jane_2007
Oz
My advice would be to "stay away" from the deal.
Apr 19, 2007, 6:17am   #6
lara0112
yep - sounds weird to me. if it went up to 2025, why offer it now at 1300? be glad you got outbid!!! sounds like, they have several on offer.... ebay fees can't be that steep to take a loss of 700 dollars.

save yourself the trouble
Last edited Apr 19, 2007 at 6:20am.
Apr 19, 2007, 7:13pm   #7
Westiegirl
BIG RED FLAG!
Better to be safe than sorry.
Apr 19, 2007, 7:18pm   #8
86leo
*Got Coach?*
This is how I personally see it.

If someone is NOT willing to abide by eBay rules. Then they are not trustworthy in my book. I dont deal with people who are not honest and want to skirt around the rules.

My advice to you would be the same. Abide by the rules, or dont do business with them
Apr 19, 2007, 7:19pm   #9
R
ROMIE-OMIE
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by candiesim
A seller sent me a email offering me for either black or white city w/ GH for $1300 off ebay! as he/ she doesnt want to pay fees'. i had asked some questions and was outbid in the auction of a truffle GH which goes up to $2025. any thoughts?
? Is the seller that is offering you the City GH for $1300.00 the same seller that had the auction for the Truffle that went for over $2000.00?? I was watching that auction and I feel strongly that something fishy was going on. (also possibly fake bag as the pics were stock pics and not of the actual bag) The bag is still on shelves selling for $1595.00! or less.

Either way, I would avoid that situation. sounds very very odd to me.....
Apr 21, 2007, 5:16am   #10
Miss Sooky
I wouldn't touch this - sounds extremely strange. A polite 'thanks but no thanks' would be my response.
Apr 22, 2007, 11:39pm   #11
p
pennylane2
Candiesim, I think I would pass on this one! It makes me really nervous!
Last edited Apr 22, 2007 at 11:40pm. Reason: typo
Apr 23, 2007, 3:24am   #12
chloebalenciaga
NO WAY! ITS. THE POTENTIAL FOR TROUBLE IS TOO GREAT. ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN YOU ARE DEALING WITH THE ORIGINAL SELLER? IF SHE CONTACTED YOU THROUGH "MY EBAY" SHE LEFT A PAPER TRAIL THAT COULD RESULT IN ACCOUNT SUSPENSION.

SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME, MONEY, AND AGGRAVATION.
NEVER WADE MURKY WATER. ANOTHER BAG WILL COME YOUR WAY.

GEEZ, THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF DISHONEST PEOPLE OPERATING ON EBAY.
Apr 23, 2007, 12:51pm   #13
j
jmayhew
I'd stay clear of this one.
Apr 23, 2007, 1:03pm   #14
c
court811
Originally Posted by candiesim
I never do this! I have even offered to split the fees with the seller before just so I'd be protected on ebay
Apr 24, 2007, 12:26am   #15
C
Camilla
No, it is not safe! Even if you pay via Paypal they wil refund your money only if the item was not deliverede. But if it is delivered, independently of the authenticity or condition, both eBay and Paypal will do nothing and say only "we are sorry". It happened to me so I know firsthand.
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >