Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

General question/ answer thread (eBay & Bonanza etc..)

POST A REPLY

Feb 10, 2011, 10:42pm   #106
Fashion1
RM ~ Bal ~ LV
Quick question - I have a bag that was shipped from Luxembourg on Jan. 14th (with tracking). It arrived to customs in NY on Feb. 1st and that was the last update. Am I correct that there's nothing I can do but wait? I tried calling but the recording said they can't and won't look up packages. Anyone had recent experience with custom delays in NYC, maybe due to the recent bad weather?

Inbound Into Customs
Inbound Out of Customs, February 01, 2011, 10:27 pm
Inbound International Arrival, February 01, 2011, 10:27 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Feb 10, 2011, 10:51pm   #107
b
bellybath
A seller sold me a torn up Prada bag advertised as in NEW condition and also included a fake dustbag. She is a seasoned ebayer so she immediately talked to paypal, ebay, and even the Prada authentication forum first, before i had a chance to figure out what to do.

She has turned it around to make it sound like I am the one at fault :( I emailed her about the problem right after the bag was delivered!! within 1/2 hour!! She has tried to suggested I used the bag or even that it was damaged by USPS.

I have sent the below pics to Paypal. The seller regularly sells fake True Religion jeans on Ebay and freaked out because I called her jeans fake.

Will these photos be enough for the Paypal claim to come out in my favor? Thank you so much for any suggestions!!

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z397/handbag02/
Feb 11, 2011, 7:32am   #108
C
Cinderela
I have a question regarding auction reserves.

I almost always use automatic bidding. It's too annoying to try to keep constant vigil over an item AND if I use automatic bidding, I'm not tempted to spend too much - I determine the absolute highest I am willing to go and that is that. If I win, awesome - if I don't, well, there will always be another of whatever it is I am bidding on.

Which brings me to my question - I put a max bid in on an item that was $10 below the BIN price. The bidding on this item didn't take off and it ended below the seller's reserve. Does the seller know what the bidder's max bid was? If the sellers don't know that info, is it appropriate for me to contact them and ask if they would sell it for my max price? The item has been relisted and I don't want the same thing to happen again.

Also, is it appropriate for me to just plain ASK what the reserve was and tell the seller I'll buy it for the reserve (since it didn't sell the 1st time and was already relisted)?
Feb 11, 2011, 10:50am   #109
ralewi
I won something on bonz 2-6-11 and I have emailed the seller several times to inquire about a tracking number. As of this morning no response. How long should I wait before contacting paypal? I really want the item I won, but I'm concerned with no communication from the seller.
Feb 19, 2011, 5:24am   #110
V
Vandeven
I bought a pair of fake YSL Tribtoo's in January. I returned them this week and the seller has received the shoes. I almost knew from the beginning that I was going to have trouble with this seller. Now the seller is saying I have to be paying a 10 % fee to her because that's what she paid to eBay. Ummm, the buyer isn't responsible for this fee right? She also says she won't be refunding shipping fees?? This is the seller's responsibility, esp. in a case like this when the shoes were fake. I did not open a claim because she was very nice and all. If I had opened a claim eBay would've refunded me both the money for the shoes AND shipping, they would've probably also asked me to destroy the shoes as they are counterfeit. Can I open a claim now?

Btw, I googled the seller's name and I found a Picasa profile belonging to her where she has several galleries 'linked' to her, what does this linking mean? The galleries are named 'F-shoes' and 'F-bags' (F most likely stands for fake) and there are lots of pictures of different designer shoes, bags etc. I'm thinking she's a scammer and that she's trying to earn money on selling counterfeit designer items.. Do you think I should leave her negative feedback after I have received my refund? Can the seller do something (charge money back via Paypal etc) after everything is done?
Feb 19, 2011, 1:31pm   #111
r
rbcube
You should be able to file for a claim. Just talk to an eBay representative. You are not responsible for the fees she paid to eBay (listing + FVF). As far a leaving negative feedback, as long as you stick to the facts, I think you should. That at least gives a warning to potential buyers.
Feb 20, 2011, 3:39pm   #112
piosavsfan
For people that use Bonanza, how do you promote your items? As far as I know, we are not allowed to post our own items on here. I posted on twitter/faceobook, but the only people that really see that are my own followers/friends. Any ideas of what to do that doesn't cost money?
Feb 20, 2011, 4:03pm   #113
thepoppet
wind sylph
Besides promoting by commenting a lot on the forum over there, there are Bonanza folk her sell promotions. They have Twitter and FB accounts with thousands of followers and friends and they charge a dollar or something a day to promote one of your items.
Feb 24, 2011, 8:24pm   #114
A
An123109
hi,

i just started using ebay to clean out our house... and one of my items was removed for trademark violation. what does this mean?
Feb 24, 2011, 9:29pm   #115
noshoepolish
Addicted to Coach
It means it was either fake, you used copyrighted stuff, copied another seller's listings or photos, or you did not have enough photos to authenticate it.
Feb 25, 2011, 1:14pm   #116
T
TammiPham
hi there does anyone know if this wallet is real
please answer asap aunction closing soon
http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Louis-...item33654ba90e
Feb 26, 2011, 1:42am   #117
thepoppet
wind sylph
Originally Posted by TammiPham
hi there does anyone know if this wallet is real
please answer asap aunction closing soon
http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Louis-...item33654ba90e
The listing has ended, but for the future, you need to ask this in the Authenticate This forum for LV.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vui...l#post17443509
Mar 4, 2011, 8:24pm   #118
bubbleloba
In LaLa Land
A buyer from Mexico City is interested in buying a Prada I've listed on Bonanza. She wants me to ship the item via Fedex, and declare a lower value ($300 instead of the actual price of $1000) to avoid customs. I made it clear that if a lower value is declared, I would not be liable for the bag in transit (including damage or lost), since I would not be able to insure the full value. I also said I will only ship to a PayPal verified address.

Should I proceed with the transaction? I'm a bit worried with international shipping situation, and hearing about various scams made me a bit scared. Is there anything else I can do to protect myself? TIA.
Mar 4, 2011, 8:55pm   #119
noshoepolish
Addicted to Coach
No, I would not proceed.
Mar 5, 2011, 11:43am   #120
Fabella
Hi all,

I'm a new member of ebay and would like to purchase several items between $300-500 AUD each from Japan. I'm having problems trying to get in touch with several reputable sellers. For example, I tried to ask authentic_lvlady a question about a buy it now item but I kept getting this message in a dialog box "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

Do you need to buy an item before a seller can accept questions?
And what custom fees/duties could I expect if I place an order from Japan to Australia?

Thanks in advance!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >