Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

eBay oddities

POST A REPLY

Jun 25, 2012, 11:39am   #16
h
hotshot
too many red flags here for me... I would pass & fnd it elsewhere...
Jun 25, 2012, 11:46am   #17
giagnm
Originally Posted by champagne_taste
I have bought quite a few bags from eBay and will only do so if I have seen excellent feedback of the seller, seen pics of virtually every side of the bag (including inside & creed), and have great communication from the seller. Now I did my normal of asking if I could please have additional pictures of a bag I liked & the seller did send me front, back, bottom, & inside but no creed pic. I emailed again & asked for the creed pic, to which the seller replied "what is this creed you are speaking of?" I then explained it is the patch on the inside of the bag that gives me the style # & date the bag was made. Here is my reply from the seller. Now please no one take offense to this if it is you or you know the person, etc. I am posting this anonymously and not including the sellers name but I jst wanted to share this because I felt it odd I had to EXPLAIN (to a quality seller nonetheless) what a Coach creed was and the response I got when asked for it.

"I can assure they are 100 % Authentic bags, WE will not send pictures of SERIAL NUMBERS, we record this when they are shipped, so we have record of which one we sent, IN case someone wants to return the bag, They cannot send me a counterfeit back . If you are concerned about the authentcity, I can tell you one take a look at our feed back, or pleaes dont take it personal, But Do not purchase this from us. We have been selling authentic coach bags, and Apparel on ebay for years, and never and will never have a problem."

End of rant, I don't take it personally, but just find it weird they won't provide me an additional photo to help with a sale? Any1 else have this experience or one similar?
Can you post the link in the Coach Authenticate This thread? I would be curious to see if the bag is indeed real. That's just an odd response after a simple request for a pic of the creed.
Jun 25, 2012, 1:44pm   #18
fox0r
Glider Crazy!
I would have written her back and been like.. "I already know the number on the label is (insert number here). These numbers are not serial numbers, and are not specific to the individual bag. The first set of numbers indicates the month and year the bag was made, as well as the factory it came from, while the second set of numbers is the style of that type of bag. All of this particular bag will have the exact same numbers on the creed."

Some people are, well, stupid.
Jun 25, 2012, 1:48pm   #19
tamburger
Originally Posted by CCfor C
Was this message quoted verbatim to us? Because there is a ton of misspelling on the response of the seller. Frankly, that alone would turn me off enough to decide not to purchase...as would not showing the creed. That explanation wasn't good enough...
On a side note, English may not be the seller's first language. I wouldn't automatically rule a seller out for reasons regarding grammar or spelling. Heck, I think the majority of Americans lack the ability to formally communicate through writing.

(sorry for any typos! I'm using my iphone)
Jun 25, 2012, 3:19pm   #20
Hyacinth
Originally Posted by champagne_taste
I have bought quite a few bags from eBay and will only do so if I have seen excellent feedback of the seller, seen pics of virtually every side of the bag (including inside & creed), and have great communication from the seller. Now I did my normal of asking if I could please have additional pictures of a bag I liked & the seller did send me front, back, bottom, & inside but no creed pic. I emailed again & asked for the creed pic, to which the seller replied "what is this creed you are speaking of?" I then explained it is the patch on the inside of the bag that gives me the style # & date the bag was made. Here is my reply from the seller. Now please no one take offense to this if it is you or you know the person, etc. I am posting this anonymously and not including the sellers name but I jst wanted to share this because I felt it odd I had to EXPLAIN (to a quality seller nonetheless) what a Coach creed was and the response I got when asked for it.

"I can assure they are 100 % Authentic bags, WE will not send pictures of SERIAL NUMBERS, we record this when they are shipped, so we have record of which one we sent, IN case someone wants to return the bag, They cannot send me a counterfeit back . If you are concerned about the authentcity, I can tell you one take a look at our feed back, or pleaes dont take it personal, But Do not purchase this from us. We have been selling authentic coach bags, and Apparel on ebay for years, and never and will never have a problem."

End of rant, I don't take it personally, but just find it weird they won't provide me an additional photo to help with a sale? Any1 else have this experience or one similar?
Anyone who doesn't understand Coach serial numbers isn't qualified to consider themselves as experts who claim to have never had any problems. That just means their buyers are even less educated than they are.

Find another seller, and tell this one to do a little research on those serial numbers.
Jun 25, 2012, 10:40pm   #21
champagne_taste
Originally Posted by giagnm
Can you post the link in the Coach Authenticate This thread? I would be curious to see if the bag is indeed real. That's just an odd response after a simple request for a pic of the creed.
Oh ya sure I can! Let me go through my eBay messages and see if I have them still. Sometimes when I'm on the mobile app I get delete happy & I might have because this turned me off completely from the seller.
Jun 25, 2012, 10:44pm   #22
champagne_taste
Originally Posted by MarneeB
I think some are making a bigger deal out of it than it is. I do agree that I would move on if a seller refuses to send me a photo, but I really think this seller is just not familiar with Coach bags. I've had a seller tell me they can't tell me the serial number because they're afraid a counterfeiter would get a hold of it, lol. Another seller asked me what the 'creed' was, but in her auctions claimed to be a huge fan of Coach. OP I think this seller is just ignorant (for lack of a better word) about Coach.

I feel this way too, I think that if someone is going to be selling something then they do need to be better educated on the item no matter what it is. I'm a nurse, you don't see me trying to be knowledgeable about and sell lawn mowers (or other items for lack thereof better examples lol).
Jun 25, 2012, 10:53pm   #23
champagne_taste
Here is the item # from eBay. Since I am on my phone I'm unsure of how to exactly post the link to the auction. I love a wide variety of coach bags & wanted something in the new dream c pattern, but will await a better price (I've found hippies for around $85-$95 new on eBay) or will find the pattern in a wristlet for inside a purse just for a punch of color. I will also post a new link to this thread in authenticate this!! :-)
Jun 25, 2012, 11:01pm   #24
c
caramel15
Originally Posted by bagsALWAYSfit
If she has this little knowldge of style/serial #'s then how hard would it be for someone else to DEFRAUD HER/HIM!!!
I was thinking this as well. This is the type of seller that may unknowingly be selling a fake. Stay away.
Jun 26, 2012, 12:33am   #25
pixiejenna
If I got that response from a seller I'd move on. There are a lot of fakes on ebay and buyers have the right to question and ask for additional pictures of a item they are considering. The fact that they jumped on you claiming that the item is authentic and refusing to send you pics you asked for is a big red flag in my book. I don't care how many positive feedbacks a seller has or if they are a "powerseller" that doesn't mean anything in my book if they can't be bothered to follow threw with basic CS with potential buyers.
Jun 26, 2012, 3:25am   #26
betseyluxe
Sometimes it can be hard to get a super clear photo of the creed, or the seller may have already taken photos of the bag and put the item into storage and/or an inaccesible place. That said, I think sellers should be happy to accomodate anyone who wants additional photos or specifications about ANYTHING on ANY item. It may take a couple days, but they can get it..

It's all about the customer. They could send you a private email if they don't want their photos stolen.. or images are EASILY watermarked.

I'm as much a buyer as much as I am a seller, and if it takes more than a few emails, I'm out... buying gorgeous Coaches should be fun, not hard work

One of the first rules of selling: Make it EASY for your customers to feel confident buying your product. Period.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >