Home Shopping Resources eBay Forum

eBay newbie: Do people wait til the final day to bid?

POST A REPLY

Feb 11, 2006, 5:54pm   #1
I'm selling something on eBay right now. There haven't been any bids, but I have 5 "watchers". Should I be worried that there are no bids, you think?
I'm a total eBay novice ...
Feb 11, 2006, 6:35pm   #2
In my opinion the smartest move for bidders is to do it at the last minute to get the best price as possible! It will go great!
Feb 11, 2006, 6:46pm   #3
I snipe dang near everything, which means my bid isn't entered until about the last 7 seconds. Most seasoned eBayers don't bid right away I find.
Feb 11, 2006, 6:53pm   #4
Oh! Thank you for the advice guys... I was getting worried.
Feb 11, 2006, 7:14pm   #5
I agree, I always wait until the last second to bid.
Feb 11, 2006, 7:49pm   #6
I Bleed Georgia Red
me too, bidding early just drives up the price.
Feb 11, 2006, 7:51pm   #7
Balenciaga's lover
Ya, I always wait until the last 10 sec to submit my bid so I'll be the winner. lol
Feb 11, 2006, 8:52pm   #8
Addicted to H
Same here. Don't sweat it. Five watchers probably means at least two or three will bid.
Feb 11, 2006, 10:55pm   #9
Thanks for the advice guys!

This is my very first auction ever .

There's 7 "watchers" now. I kinda wish someone would bid ... So do people really wait til the last day, or actually like the last hour (or the last 5 minutes?)
Feb 11, 2006, 11:01pm   #10
I Bleed Georgia Red
Originally Posted by spiralsnowman

There's 7 "watchers" now. I kinda wish someone would bid ... So do people really wait til the last day, or actually like the last hour (or the last 5 minutes?)
indeed they do. don't expect much activity until then.
Feb 11, 2006, 11:11pm   #11
I never understood why sometimes there are like 27 bidders and there's still 2 days left. I usually bid in the last minute also, do these people really want to pay as high a price as possible. *shrugs*
Feb 11, 2006, 11:13pm   #12
Originally Posted by Danica
I never understood why sometimes there are like 27 bidders and there's still 2 days left. I usually bid in the last minute also, do these people really want to pay as high a price as possible. *shrugs*
I did a little bit of research before I started, and I noticed that too. *Me confused*.
Feb 11, 2006, 11:19pm   #13
Yeah I dunno, its great on the sellers end obviously, and I hope for your sake it does go up. But I'm always on the buying end, and I like deals. lol
Feb 12, 2006, 11:11am   #14
Originally Posted by spiralsnowman

Both and everything in between! Some people don't know about snipers and they bid within the last 24 hours and less. . .
I can be a little OCD, when I'm selling on eBay it kills me! I watch my auctions like a hawk! LOL!

But alas, as a buyer I wait until the last 10 seconds or less!
Gotta get the best deal I can!

What are ya selling?
Feb 12, 2006, 12:02pm   #15
The Bargain Hunter
I bid in the last minute because if I bid now, someone might try to overbid my bid. Holding out for me usually means I mgiht get it at a cheaper price (if I win).
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources eBay Forum