Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Does Paypal tell you who won the dispute claim?

POST A REPLY

Aug 13, 2012, 8:45am   #1
h
heatdepot
Backstory: I sold a $500 item on eBay, a week later buyer files unauthorized purchase claim. 3 weeks later Paypal closes case.

I received an email from Paypal stating that the case was closed and to log in to view details of the case. When I did, no details whatsoever, just says closed.

The money was released back to me few days before it officially closed. I called to remind them I had sellers protection which they agreed I qualified for. But I dont have anything in writing saying so. I also want to know if the buyer won his case so I'm not blindsided by a cc chargeback in the future, if he did lose.
Aug 13, 2012, 8:51am   #2
whypaymore
Looks like the buyer changed his/her mind and close the case. You did get your money, right?
Aug 13, 2012, 9:17am   #3
h
heatdepot
No, I got the money cause of seller protection not because they dropped the case. The Pp agent I last spoke to even thanked me for using seller protection. Never any mention of buyer dropping case so not sure how you came to that conclusion.

I just want something in writing saying I won the dispute due to seller protection or whatever.
Aug 13, 2012, 9:21am   #4
noshoepolish
Addicted to Coach
Sometimes, when a buyer says their credit card was used fraudulantly, all the recent charges are subject to chargebacks. Once the buyer tells the credit card company the charge was authorized the case is closed.
Aug 13, 2012, 9:29am   #5
h
heatdepot
This dispute was through Paypal only. They investigated for 3 weeks (normally 7-10 days) and closed the case.

So I am not understanding how you came to the conclusion that the buyer mustve dropped the claim??????
Aug 13, 2012, 9:41am   #6
h
hotshot
Originally Posted by heatdepot
No, I got the money cause of seller protection not because they dropped the case. The Pp agent I last spoke to even thanked me for using seller protection. Never any mention of buyer dropping case so not sure how you came to that conclusion.

I just want something in writing saying I won the dispute due to seller protection or whatever.

I am not sure if they give you anything in writing...

If you go to the resolution page & you see the funds depositied

in your account & the case says closed, that s all they do..

There is no formal letter that acknowledges your case was won due to

seller protection or any other reason..that has been my experience

You know that ebay/pp never give an explanation...
Aug 13, 2012, 10:12am   #7
h
heatdepot
oh ok.
Aug 13, 2012, 11:14am   #8
IrisCole
Originally Posted by heatdepot
Backstory: I sold a $500 item on eBay, a week later buyer files unauthorized purchase claim. 3 weeks later Paypal closes case.

I received an email from Paypal stating that the case was closed and to log in to view details of the case. When I did, no details whatsoever, just says closed.

The money was released back to me few days before it officially closed. I called to remind them I had sellers protection which they agreed I qualified for. But I dont have anything in writing saying so. I also want to know if the buyer won his case so I'm not blindsided by a cc chargeback in the future, if he did lose.
They will not tell you whether or not PP successfully fought the chargeback, the buyer dropped the claim, or the buyer won the chargeback and PP covered you.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >