Home Shopping Resources eBay Forum

Can you cancel a bank wire transfer once it has been sent?

POST A REPLY

Jul 2, 2008, 9:53am   #1
k
I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for...please close if this is a duplicate post!

Anyway, my question is - once you initiate/send a bank wire transfer, can you cancel it (before it reaches the other person's bank)? I know you can't get the money back once it arrives...but does anyone know about this?
Jul 2, 2008, 4:44pm   #2
k
no one?
Jul 2, 2008, 4:47pm   #3
Lee
TPF Moderator
Hi Kimalee! You might want to ask your bank,they might be able to do it.
Jul 2, 2008, 4:54pm   #4
j
Judy
kimalee, it is my understanding that bank wire transfers go immediately into the payee's bank account. I don't think you can reverse one, but I would call my bank to be sure if I were you.
Jul 2, 2008, 4:57pm   #5
k
i don't believe so but you should ask your bank
Jul 2, 2008, 4:58pm   #6
I did this once with a pay-pal transfer and they told me once it was "in process" they could not stop it even tho it wouldn't hit my back for another 3 days!

If you did the wire from your bank I would call them asap
Jul 2, 2008, 5:54pm   #7
k
It was actually a buyer of mine who keeps saying that he sent a transfer, not me. I closed the NPB dispute last night, which gave him a strike - he told me today that if I do not remove the strike, then he'll reverse the transfer. I don't believe he ever sent it, but I just wanted to see if that was even possible.

thanks, everyone for your help!
Jul 2, 2008, 5:56pm   #8
j
Judy
Originally Posted by kimalee
It was actually a buyer of mine who keeps saying that he sent a transfer, not me. I closed the NPB dispute last night, which gave him a strike - he told me today that if I do not remove the strike, then he'll reverse the transfer. I don't believe he ever sent it, but I just wanted to see if that was even possible.

I'm glad that is the situation, because I don't think it can be done. Issue that strike, honey!
Jul 2, 2008, 6:53pm   #9
k
^yep, I did. He says he wants me to take it back, or he'll cancel the wire. He got mad at me and said I was impatient; this Thursday will mark the one month period since he won my item!
Jul 2, 2008, 6:57pm   #10
j
Judy
I swear, some of these buyers just amaze me with their audacity! What a complete loser! I'm so glad you issued the strike. You were far more patient than I would have been. My record was three weeks and I issued a strike, too.
Jul 3, 2008, 12:41am   #11
WHAT A JOKE! I have had Paypal stop wires to my bank several times when someone opens a dispute while one is in progress. I'm not sure how they do it though.... I think the only way is because they don't initiate the transfer right away. They hold it in another paypal owned account for a couple of days.

Originally Posted by Alle
I did this once with a pay-pal transfer and they told me once it was "in process" they could not stop it even tho it wouldn't hit my back for another 3 days!

If you did the wire from your bank I would call them asap
Jul 3, 2008, 12:43am   #12
First - once you start a transfer it takes 12-24 hours to be transfered to the other's bank account. I have heard of people saying it takes three days.... but what bank is that? I send/receive all around the world in small and large amounts and it happens within a day Anyways, you can't stop it.

You also can't remove a strike on eBay right? Don't believe the delays tactics!

Originally Posted by kimalee

Jul 3, 2008, 1:24am   #13
k
Originally Posted by purse-n-boots

You also can't remove a strike on eBay right? Don't believe the delays tactics!

You can! I didn't think you could either, but I just saw the option for it today...not a chance that I'm going to, though!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources eBay Forum