Home Shopping Resources eBay Forum

buying and selling used shoes

POST A REPLY

Mar 1, 2011, 11:50pm   #1
A
Have any of you considered buying or selling your used shoes?
Mar 2, 2011, 2:45am   #2
Gucci Freak
I've sold a few pairs of Gucci slides and Gucci flats and they get gobbled up FAST! They were in great shape but I was surprised at how many bids I got for each. I don't think I'd sell any used shoes that weren't in great condition. BUT, one time I did see a pair of TORE UP sneakers that were posted as "Worn Out, Very Used Sneakers" and they sold for over $30. Buyer must've been some foot fetish guy cuz these shoes were WASTED!! They grossed me out. But, to each his own, I guess.
Mar 2, 2011, 7:34am   #3
needs more bags!
I have sold a few pairs of 'well worn' shoes on eBay, they sell quite well and it makes sense to get a bit of money for them rather then them go to recycling or landfill.
Mar 2, 2011, 7:42am   #4
h
I have bought shoes on eBay that have been very slightly worn... new my size

and familiar with the style.. so I had no issues... I say go for it... you won't

know til you give it a try!!!
Mar 2, 2011, 7:43am   #5
Washington,DC
I sold some pairs of Hermes, Gucci, Jimmy Choo and Manolo Blahnik shoes that I do not wear them anymore-getting old, can't wear high heels no more.lol. But I do not like selling used/pre-owned shoes, same as I do not like buying used/pre-owned shoes. But that is just me.
Mar 2, 2011, 10:14am   #6
Addicted to Coach
You just have to watch out for the fetish crew and there are rules on photos.
Mar 2, 2011, 10:27am   #7
In LaLa Land
I've sold a few pairs of Manolos and Choos on eBay. All were in great condition and I posted detailed photos of the soles and heels. I didn't have trouble selling them for good prices and thankfully didn't encounter any weird questions from prospective buyers.
Mar 2, 2011, 10:28am   #8
Intervention Friday?
Originally Posted by PrincessIona
I have sold a few pairs of 'well worn' shoes on eBay, they sell quite well and it makes sense to get a bit of money for them rather then them go to recycling or landfill.

I have never heard of this, but I just went to eBay and typed in 'well worn...' and the category 'well worn sneakers' popped up, so there must be a market. I saw the ads, and quite a few had one shoe on, one bare foot, complete with toe nail polish, so I am assuming 'foot people' are buying them.

I think I'll just toss mine out. I might however, look into selling some 'good' shoes that haven't been worn much. I have a bad back now, and have to avoid heels. So they just sit taking up valuable closet space.
Mar 4, 2011, 7:03pm   #9
A
Yea, I tried eBay and surprised how much people pay. A lot of answering dumb questions though maybe from the foot people and who cares what they do with the shoes as long as they bid highest, right?
Mar 4, 2011, 10:04pm   #10
♥ Duh - winning! ♥
I really believe that you are thinking too much into this. There isn't really anything different about selling shoes on eBay that you may have worn than selling any other item that is gently used.

Accurately describe the shoes, price them accordingly, and detail the actual condition in pictures. You shouldn't get "a lot of dumb questions from the foot people." I'm not honestly sure where this thought process is coming from.
Mar 4, 2011, 10:34pm   #11
Peace Love & Purses
I have sold lots of my old shoes on eBay. Most are in great shape. However I would never buy used shoes, simply because shoes tend to mold to a person's foot shape and the idea of wearing some stranger's shoes peeves me out. I know it's not a big deal, but I just can't get into the idea.
Mar 5, 2011, 5:38am   #12
Washington,DC
Originally Posted by LabelLover81
I have sold lots of my old shoes on eBay. Most are in great shape. However I would never buy used shoes, simply because shoes tend to mold to a person's foot shape and the idea of wearing some stranger's shoes peeves me out. I know it's not a big deal, but I just can't get into the idea.
Same here, I much rather wait for a big sale to get great shoes at great price, than to buy someone else used shoes.
Mar 5, 2011, 11:58am   #13
A
Originally Posted by jenaywins
I really believe that you are thinking too much into this. There isn't really anything different about selling shoes on eBay that you may have worn than selling any other item that is gently used.

Accurately describe the shoes, price them accordingly, and detail the actual condition in pictures. You shouldn't get "a lot of dumb questions from the foot people." I'm not honestly sure where this thought process is coming from.
I get a lot of dumb questions no matter what I sell so you're right, I don't think it has anything to do with foot people. And actually it depends on what you consider dumb and how many you consider a lot.
Mar 5, 2011, 1:02pm   #14
s
Personally, I would never buy used shoes. Then again, I'm the same person who won't buy used clothes ... so I'm pretty OCD about my stuff. It just seems... yucky to think someones toes have been in there.

With that being said, I have thought about selling used shoes.. I have a ton and I don't wear most of them more than once. Once I sold used bras and I was shock people bought it!!! So I think selling used shoes is not that strange.
Mar 5, 2011, 9:12pm   #15
♥ Duh - winning! ♥
Originally Posted by Alexis Kay Lee
I get a lot of dumb questions no matter what I sell so you're right, I don't think it has anything to do with foot people. And actually it depends on what you consider dumb and how many you consider a lot.
eBay is definitely the land of dumb questions.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources eBay Forum