Home Shopping Resources eBay Forum

Buyer wants refund for a crappy reason


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Aug 6, 2012, 6:36pm   #61
h
Member
Well if she said that she doesn't care about the bag being leather or not

that is a whole other set of new circumstances... this buyer is really behaving badly

now.... first she changes her mind & then she now thinks that because she

can't sell it you should take it back... she didn't object to it not being leather

just objecting that its too young for her...and now she can't resell it..

in the long run, just take it back.. this is a troublesome buyer IYKWIM...
Aug 6, 2012, 6:57pm   #62
BeautyBootyBabe's Avatar
Thread Starter
Let them eat cake.
Originally Posted by hotshot
Well if she said that she doesn't care about the bag being leather or not

that is a whole other set of new circumstances... this buyer is really behaving badly

now.... first she changes her mind & then she now thinks that because she

can't sell it you should take it back... she didn't object to it not being leather

just objecting that its too young for her...and now she can't resell it..

in the long run, just take it back.. this is a troublesome buyer IYKWIM...
lol. That was exactly my point! I really think she is just reaching at this point. I even sent her my pictures so she could resell it and they mysteriously "didn't work". I really just want to be finished with it.

Thank you so much for your opinion!
Aug 6, 2012, 7:06pm   #63
h
Member
Initially your posts didn't indicate that she had an issue with the bag

not being leather... this came up only when she listed the bag and a buyer

said it wasn't leather.. her comment to you was the bag was too young for her..

this is a pita buyer sorry to say, and she now probably will come up with

another reason to ask you to take the bag back..

cut your losses while you are ahead of the game... she's already left you

positive feedback & she could be problematic.. after 1500 transactions

she knows how the system works..

just correct your settings & good luck with this buyer
Aug 6, 2012, 7:08pm   #64
BeautyBootyBabe's Avatar
Thread Starter
Let them eat cake.
Originally Posted by hotshot
Initially your posts didn't indicate that she had an issue with the bag

not being leather... this came up only when she listed the bag and a buyer

said it wasn't leather.. her comment to you was the bag was too young for her..

this is a pita buyer sorry to say, and she now probably will come up with

another reason to ask you to take the bag back..

cut your losses while you are ahead of the game... she's already left you

positive feedback & she could be problematic.. after 1500 transactions

she knows how the system works..

just correct your settings & good luck with this buyer
Exactly!

I did finally offer her a full refund. I felt bad about my mistake because I am normally very accurate in my descriptions and pictures. She's nuts if she thinks I'm going to pay for her to send it back, though. NUTS! lol
Aug 6, 2012, 7:13pm   #65
h
Member
Originally Posted by BeautyBootyBabe
Exactly!

I did finally offer her a full refund. I felt bad about my mistake because I am normally very accurate in my descriptions and pictures. She's nuts if she thinks I'm going to pay for her to send it back, though. NUTS! lol

That was a good decision but I would not refund her shipping at all..

Things like this do happen but this is a example of buyer's remorse..

She made a mistake & now she wants you to be responsible for

her error...especially because she noted that she is OK with the bag not being leather
Aug 13, 2012, 11:24pm   #66
BeautyBootyBabe's Avatar
Thread Starter
Let them eat cake.
So, I offered the buyer a refund. She says she mailed the bag on Wednesday and she gives me a tracking number. I tried it, it didn't work. She sends me a 'corrected' number. I tried it and it doesn't work. Did she mistype it again? Or am I being scammed?
Aug 14, 2012, 4:45pm   #67
M
Member
Originally Posted by BeautyBootyBabe
So, I offered the buyer a refund. She says she mailed the bag on Wednesday and she gives me a tracking number. I tried it, it didn't work. She sends me a 'corrected' number. I tried it and it doesn't work. Did she mistype it again? Or am I being scammed?
What's the number/shipping method? If it's a DC-only number, it won't show in the system until it's delivered, I think.
Aug 14, 2012, 4:58pm   #68
poopsie2's Avatar
Are you ready Steve?
Even DC will be scanned upon acceptance and arrival----------usually.

The bad thing about DC is that it doesn't show the exact address/person sent to-----just the zip code.
Aug 14, 2012, 6:12pm   #69
h
Member
well, let's just hope it gets delivered to the OP
Aug 14, 2012, 6:23pm   #70
BeautyBootyBabe's Avatar
Thread Starter
Let them eat cake.
I got it in the mail today. :)
Aug 15, 2012, 7:20am   #71
h
Member
^ everything look good???
Aug 17, 2012, 1:20pm   #72
N
Member
eBay seems to cause a lot of stress, I am not contemplating not using it to sell...but at least this thread has helped me ensure the no refunds button was clicked.
Aug 18, 2012, 1:04pm   #73
BeautyBootyBabe's Avatar
Thread Starter
Let them eat cake.
The bag looked fine, but it smelled like it had perfume on it or something. I couldn't tell if it was perfume or maybe just the way her house smelled? I got the feeling that she was old..er so she could have that old lady smell to her house. lol. I went ahead and gave her a refund because I just wanted to be finished with it. I'm done with eBay for a while, I think.
Aug 18, 2012, 5:38pm   #74
h
Member
Don't let this spoil it for you...perhaps take a time out & list after labor day &

see how things go...
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources eBay Forum  
TOP

Thread Tools