Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Dooney and Bourke is becoming good again!

POST A REPLY

Sep 18, 2011, 10:19pm   #436
m
myhandbags
I absolutely love their newer bags, i got my first D & B in high school and have been a true fan since!
Sep 19, 2011, 1:24pm   #437
paruparo
Live.Laugh.Love.
Originally Posted by paruparo
I've always steered cleat of dooney because all I saw were the ones with all the logos on it and I'm not a fan. This weekend though, in search of a mommy tote, I ended up at the dooney outlet here in town and found gorgeous bags! I ended up with a small Amazon shopper tote in Magenta ( croc embossed, made in Italy), a medium red Portofino east west grommet shopper, and 4 cork flap wristlets (yellow, red, grey, and black). I love the magenta Croc embossed (the smaller version of Divya's bag in the TV show Royal Pains, if anyone's a fan). And the leather of the Portofino is amazing! I am definitely impressed by the bags I got and for the price of less than one of my other bags....

I'm definitely a Dooney convert now! And I hear their CS is great too!

S PF-er asked me for a pic of the magenta small Amazon shopper, and i do not know how to attach the pic in the private message (sorry...), so I am going to post it here:

Pic from my blog (more pics there of the bag too)
Sep 21, 2011, 8:56pm   #438
missmoimoi
Originally Posted by thatcrazy8
I have several Dooney & Bourke bags and they're one of my favs. I have leather and non-leather bags.
Originally Posted by louislover260
Macy's doesn't even carry 1/5 of Dooney's products, which is a shame! The Alto, Amato, and I think Amazon lines are all from Italy.
I'm very interested in finding Dooney Amato bags and then, Alto. We have an extremely small selection here as it is - just a handful. I think I'd have to order directly from Dooney but I really prefer to see & touch a bag first before buying sight un-seen. (I have a small collection from Florentine family now).
Sep 22, 2011, 10:42am   #439
lmgriffiths
I am a Dooney lover myself! I used to buy the logo ones, but have grown out of those. I do, however LOVE my leather and suede D&B's. The Amazon collection is amazing! I want to get one of the cross body bags in that style, but will wait until I can find it on sale for a good price at the outlet. :)

Here are my favorites in my collection.

Unfortunately, my photo does not do D&B any justice! I have to work on my lighting and photography skills.
Attached Images

Sep 22, 2011, 10:46am   #440
annie1
just got the new Ostrich satchel lovely bag I enjoy it more then Coach which you see all over the place and I have a D & B summer bag and use them as much as my MJ & MBMJ bags
Sep 22, 2011, 12:14pm   #441
paruparo
Live.Laugh.Love.
Originally Posted by missmoimoi
I'm very interested in finding Dooney Amato bags and then, Alto. We have an extremely small selection here as it is - just a handful. I think I'd have to order directly from Dooney but I really prefer to see & touch a bag first before buying sight un-seen. (I have a small collection from Florentine family now).
When i went to get my amazon shopper, there were a whole lot of bags form the amazon line at the San Marcos , TX outlet. in a lot of diff colors too. this was a week and a half ago..

They also had several from the Alto line
Sep 23, 2011, 11:45am   #442
TwiggyStar
☆★twinkle★☆
Originally Posted by lmgriffiths
I am a Dooney lover myself! I used to buy the logo ones, but have grown out of those. I do, however LOVE my leather and suede D&B's. The Amazon collection is amazing! I want to get one of the cross body bags in that style, but will wait until I can find it on sale for a good price at the outlet. :)

Here are my favorites in my collection.

Unfortunately, my photo does not do D&B any justice! I have to work on my lighting and photography skills.
Love your collection! You have some great bags. I was wondering what size the orange ostrich bag was, is it a small or medium? Thanks.
Sep 23, 2011, 11:28pm   #443
missmoimoi
Originally Posted by paruparo
When i went to get my amazon shopper, there were a whole lot of bags form the amazon line at the San Marcos , TX outlet. in a lot of diff colors too. this was a week and a half ago..

They also had several from the Alto line
Thanks for mentioning outlets. I guess I should find one in WA? In the meantime, there are no new bags from the Florentine collection. The Bay downtown got a bunch of quilted bags.
Sep 25, 2011, 12:21pm   #444
G
GypsyWoman
I've never had a complaint re quality with the D&B's--just that they weight a ton. I do like to use them on business trips though--I can get my makeup in there and a water bottle plus all my usual purse stuff crammed in there too. I really like the fake alligator/croc treatments they are doing with the leather--they give a more upscale appearance to the bags but I'm not a fan of the D&B logo ones at all.
Sep 25, 2011, 12:39pm   #445
donnaoh
PurseCollector
Here are the outlet locations for Dooney:
http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCt...?section=45994
Sep 28, 2011, 4:35pm   #446
lmgriffiths
Originally Posted by TwiggyStar
Love your collection! You have some great bags. I was wondering what size the orange ostrich bag was, is it a small or medium? Thanks.
Thanks so much! It is the small size - very roomy and can still fit quite a bit though. I will try to post some mod photos hopefully this evening so you can see.
Oct 7, 2011, 7:24pm   #447
chantal1922
30 pounds down!
I was browsing the D&B website and came across this video of bags being made in the D&B Connecticut factory. I thought it was a cute and nice video.
Oct 9, 2011, 4:21am   #448
fortomorrow
It is always a good one for me, I really love Dooney's bags or something else. Kind of my feature...
Oct 9, 2011, 3:49pm   #449
FillerAve
My mother (a high-end Manhattan fashionista/polar opposite of me) was in town last weekend and say my D&B Small Satchel in Natural and was ooing and awing all over it. When I told her it was by D&B she was SO surprised.

I never really knew about D7B until recently, but I def get the impression that they weren't always known for the best of quality/design because of people's reactions when i tell them my satchel is by them.
Oct 18, 2011, 4:18pm   #450
missmoimoi
Originally Posted by chantal1922
I was browsing the D&B website and came across this video of bags being made in the D&B Connecticut factory. I thought it was a cute and nice video.
Hey, thanks for the video! I'd be THRILLED if one of my D&B florentine bags was made in the USA but they are all made in China...sigh...does this mean if I went shopping on the East coast, I could pick up a bag from the florentine collection that's made in the USA??? Amato collection would make me happy, too!!!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >