Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

pouchette or Chanel WOC?

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 18, 2012, 1:31pm   #46
scaredycat's Avatar
scaredycat
Member
I just bought a pochette in the house grey, patent finish. I love it!
I was going to the Prada store at Heathrow Terminal 5, but never made it there after going to Dior and Gucci lol..

I almost bought the exact same color as yours, but decided I really needed one with silver hardware..yours is gorgeous though -congrats!
Jun 18, 2012, 5:01pm   #47
CoachCruiser's Avatar
Thread Starter
CoachCruiser
Member
Originally Posted by scaredycat
I just bought a pochette in the house grey, patent finish. I love it!
I was going to the Prada store at Heathrow Terminal 5, but never made it there after going to Dior and Gucci lol..

I almost bought the exact same color as yours, but decided I really needed one with silver hardware..yours is gorgeous though -congrats!
Thank you!! Oo I almost bought the grey; it's such a lovely, versatile color!
Jun 18, 2012, 5:19pm   #48
scaredycat's Avatar
scaredycat
Member
Originally Posted by CoachCruiser
Thank you!! Oo I almost bought the grey; it's such a lovely, versatile color!
ITA! - I needed a small purse for everyday, this one fits the bill..but it can be dressed up for sure. I'm already thinking of what other color I can get the pouchette in - I'd like one with gold hardware :)

Saw your new Prada clutch on the general forum - love it, so funky!
I never made it to Prada only because I had a short layover...I would have loved to, but DH is super glad the layover was short
Aug 11, 2012, 5:49am   #49
honey's Avatar
honey
Member
Can someone confirm that the pouchette does not come with a key?

Many thanks! :)
Aug 11, 2012, 6:08am   #50
michi_chi's Avatar
michi_chi
Member
That is correct, the New Lock pochette does not come with a key
Aug 13, 2012, 12:49pm   #51
honey's Avatar
honey
Member
Originally Posted by michi_chi
That is correct, the New Lock pochette does not come with a key
Thank you! I recently bought one. :)
Aug 13, 2012, 1:36pm   #52
averagejoe's Avatar
averagejoe
Member
Originally Posted by honey
Thank you! I recently bought one. :)
This calls for a reveal!
Aug 13, 2012, 4:20pm   #53
b
babidollface
Monroe St
I'm glad you picked the Dior. It is certainly the more reasonable and refined one of the two.

I purchased the black patent pouchette in January of 2012. They sell fast and I had to go to the store 3 times until I finally saw it hanging on the display once and asked the Sales Associate to put it on hold for me.

Unfortunately, the bag does not come with a key, which would have been really nice, but it is bigger and roomier than the Chanel WOC and better quality, in my opinion.

Remember to keep the stuffing inside it when you're not using it so that it retains its shape.
Aug 13, 2012, 9:04pm   #54
honey's Avatar
honey
Member
Here it is.....*smile*
Attached Images
 
Aug 13, 2012, 9:05pm   #55
honey's Avatar
honey
Member
Originally Posted by babidollface
Remember to keep the stuffing inside it when you're not using it so that it retains its shape.
Good tip!
Aug 13, 2012, 10:40pm   #56
averagejoe's Avatar
averagejoe
Member
Originally Posted by honey
Here it is.....*smile*
Congratulations on getting this! It's a very versatile bag!
Aug 13, 2012, 10:52pm   #57
honey's Avatar
honey
Member
Thank you! I love that you can wear it three different ways.

Thanks to everyone else for posting their lovely pics. If they hadn't, I might not have noticed this lovely treasure.

I was tempted to get the red however I love the basic black cause then I can wear the life out of it.
Aug 13, 2012, 11:55pm   #58
averagejoe's Avatar
averagejoe
Member
Originally Posted by honey
Thank you! I love that you can wear it three different ways.

Thanks to everyone else for posting their lovely pics. If they hadn't, I might not have noticed this lovely treasure.

I was tempted to get the red however I love the basic black cause then I can wear the life out of it.
I'm surprised that Dior didn't really advertise this bag at all, much like their Panarea. They had a large advertising campaign for the New Lock bag itself, but I don't remember any of the ads featuring this bag, which should sell better than the actual New Lock bag itself due to its versatility and price point.


By the way, a red patent version could be your next New Lock pouch
Aug 13, 2012, 11:59pm   #59
eminere™'s Avatar
eminere™
Au Masculin
Originally Posted by averagejoe
I'm surprised that Dior didn't really advertise this bag at all, much like their Panarea. They had a large advertising campaign for the New Lock bag itself, but I don't remember any of the ads featuring this bag, which should sell better than the actual New Lock bag itself due to its versatility and price point.
Those styles at the lower price range will never be in advertising campaigns.
Aug 14, 2012, 12:24am   #60
averagejoe's Avatar
averagejoe
Member
Originally Posted by eminere™
Those styles at the lower price range will never be in advertising campaigns.
Oh. That's a shame. I guess it's up to the SAs, catalogs, and their website to promote them to potential buyers.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools