Home Premier Designers Dior

'Personalizing' my Lady Dior

POST A REPLY

Apr 12, 2011, 8:02am   #1
Hi, remember I was deliberating to let go of my brown Lady Dior as I find the colour, esp the yellow gold hardware a bit aging?

Well, I've given it a 'revamp' by adding my own bag charm to it (Idea derived fr my pearl charm LD). It's actually a 'Alice In Wonderland' bracelet by Tom Binns wh I bought some time ago but hardly wear it. Does it look more chic now?

Apr 12, 2011, 8:04am   #2
More pics- Details of the charm

Apr 12, 2011, 8:07am   #3
Is it too much to add a ribbon to it? Which do you prefer, the one with or without the ribbon, or should I just do away with the charm to preserve it's original beauty?

Feel free to comment!
Apr 12, 2011, 8:27am   #4
D
I think it looks very nice, but I think without the ribbon. the hardware matches the gold dior. very cute!
Apr 12, 2011, 8:42am   #5
On Panda Patrol
Oh I love how your personalized your LD!! It looks wonderful!! The bracelet is so charming and delicate... it definitely gives your Dior a whimsical, playful personality. I think a small scarf (like an Hermes twilly) or bracelets of different sizes would work too...

Comparing the pics, the one with both the bracelet and the bow look a little busy to me.

Thanks for sharing your creativity!!
Apr 12, 2011, 6:00pm   #6
Au Masculin
Nice idea, but personally I'd put a Dior charm on a Dior bag:

Just because I like my things to match.
Apr 12, 2011, 6:09pm   #7
I like the look without the ribbon.
Apr 12, 2011, 6:52pm   #8
my vote goes 4 it without th ribbon!
Apr 13, 2011, 12:48am   #9
Originally Posted by DT93
I think it looks very nice, but I think without the ribbon. the hardware matches the gold dior. very cute!
Thanks, DT93. Yea, the antique gold does match the Dior's gold HW nicely.
Apr 13, 2011, 12:56am   #10
Thanks! newmommy_va, bagchic1, Blo0ondi, for your opinion regarding the ribbon.
Apr 13, 2011, 1:01am   #11
Originally Posted by eminere™
Nice idea, but personally I'd put a Dior charm on a Dior bag:

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8...cdm889zoom.jpg

Just because I like my things to match.
Haha, a true Dior ambassador indeed! I like the charm too, eminere. However the pale gold tone doesn't go as well with the LD gold. I'm hoping that the gold HW will tarnish sooner but 'unfortunately' Dior's product are so well made it's not happening any time soon...
Apr 13, 2011, 3:52pm   #12
The Alice in Wonderland bracelet and your Lady Dior look like a match made in heaven
Apr 14, 2011, 9:01pm   #13
Originally Posted by averagejoe
The Alice in Wonderland bracelet and your Lady Dior look like a match made in heaven
Oh thank you averagejoe, I'm just glad that 2 items that have sitting on the shelves are coming together for good use!
Apr 15, 2011, 6:16am   #14
C
wow what a great idea ! imho the ribbon adds some kind of a "fake" ( read: Canal St, NY) look to the purse . But the charm matches it perfectly
May 15, 2011, 6:21am   #15
i think it look very nice !! congrats a bracelet with a big bunch of white pearls + gold hardware will be very nice as well. congrats ! personally think with the ribbon is cuter. without the ribbon is more elegant ~
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Dior