Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

My new Dior...

POST A REPLY

May 19, 2012, 12:37pm   #1
averagejoe
I've waited almost 3 years to get this watch ever since I saw it at Holt Renfrew. It was love at first sight! Sadly, it was sold within a week, and Holts did not order any more.

And I finally got my hands on one.

Introducing my new Dior Chiffre Rouge D01. The "D" stands for diving, as this watch boasts water resistance to 300M (~1000 feet).

The screw-down crown is protected by a mechanical arm to prevent accidental operation during diving. The uni-rotational bezel is graduated to 15 minutes to assist with timing the ascent to the surface after diving. The clasp features an extension which enables the watch to fit over a diving suit without resizing.

The bracelet has a brushed finish with mirror-polished "scars" on the edges characteristic of the Chiffre Rouge range. The case also features these contrasting finishes, with the upper right side being completely polished to add to the asymmetry of the piece.

The hands, hour markers, and "0" mark on the bezel are accentuated with Super-LumiNova, allowing the time to be read in complete darkness after exposure to a light source. To enhance legibility, the thick curved sapphire crystal features an anti-reflective coating on both sides.

A tinted sapphire crystal case-back displays the Swiss Made self-winding movement, with an oscillating weight engraved with the Dior Homme signature.
Attached Images

May 19, 2012, 12:52pm   #2
eminere™
Au Masculin
Congratulations! A very masculine watch.
May 19, 2012, 1:05pm   #3
averagejoe
Originally Posted by eminere™
Congratulations! A very masculine watch.
Thanks Emi!

Here is a picture of the Super-LumiNova in the dark.

Below is a picture of my Dior watch collection

From clockwise from far left:
1) Chiffre Rouge A05
2) Dior Christal
3) Chiffre Rouge D01
4) La D de Dior
Attached Images

May 19, 2012, 2:41pm   #4
Addy
The Odd Mod
That watch is amazing! You have a fab Dior watch collection!
May 19, 2012, 6:00pm   #5
averagejoe
Originally Posted by Addy
That watch is amazing! You have a fab Dior watch collection!
Thanks Addy!
May 19, 2012, 7:30pm   #6
S
Shalane
Fabulous collection and the new addition is amazing.
May 19, 2012, 7:42pm   #7
eminere™
Au Masculin
Originally Posted by averagejoe
Thanks Emi!

Here is a picture of the Super-LumiNova in the dark.

Below is a picture of my Dior watch collection

From clockwise from far left:
1) Chiffre Rouge A05
2) Dior Christal
3) Chiffre Rouge D01
4) La D de Dior
Very nice collection! Do you wear the La D often?
May 19, 2012, 7:55pm   #8
averagejoe
Originally Posted by Shalane
Fabulous collection and the new addition is amazing.
Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by eminere™
Very nice collection! Do you wear the La D often?
Thanks Emi! Actually, the La D is the one that gets the least wear. I mean, I only wear it on formal occasions. And even then, I often choose the Christal over the La D to formal events, because the Christal makes more of a statement and is also worry-free (the sapphire crystal bracelet means that I don't have to worry about scratching the bracelet).

It's not that the La D only goes with formal things, but my other watches are better for casual and daily wear as they are more sporty.

But I still love the La D. I love how simple and refined it looks, and also how flat it is. It's the perfect watch shape; just a circle with a straight band. It's the type of watch that people of all ages sketch when asked to draw a watch, and yet this design is exclusive to Dior (other companies have horns to attach the case to the bracelet and so on).
May 19, 2012, 8:36pm   #9
miki66
VCA Obsession
Stunning! I love it too
May 19, 2012, 9:42pm   #10
averagejoe
Originally Posted by miki66
Stunning! I love it too
Thank you!
May 19, 2012, 10:49pm   #11
bagchic1
A perfect addition to your gorgeous collection. It is very classy and masculine.
May 20, 2012, 1:01am   #12
averagejoe
Originally Posted by bagchic1
A perfect addition to your gorgeous collection. It is very classy and masculine.
Thank you very much!!!
May 20, 2012, 2:52am   #13
dinitegrity
Cultivating
fab design~!!
May 20, 2012, 3:04am   #14
hightea_xx
infusion d'homme
ughhhhh i'm coming to tomorrow to steal your collection... your newest is TO DIE FOR! so masculine and chunky yet refined as only dior can do!
May 20, 2012, 7:27am   #15
michi_chi
love your watch collection! If only I could, I'd love to borrow your Christal! I won't show my sister this thread, otherwise she'll want to steal your watches
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >