Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Dior Scarf Hem Question

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jul 17, 2012, 5:41pm   #1
C
Thread Starter
CaliforniaGal
Member
Hi Dear Experts,
General question: are hems on Dior scarves
hemmed upward like Hermes?
Thanks very much!
Jul 18, 2012, 1:22am   #2
averagejoe's Avatar
averagejoe
Member
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal
Hi Dear Experts,
General question: are hems on Dior scarves
hemmed upward like Hermes?
Thanks very much!
It depends on the style of the scarf. Some Dior scarves are hemmed, while some have an unfinished edge as part of the design of the scarf.
Jul 18, 2012, 1:58am   #3
C
Thread Starter
CaliforniaGal
Member
Thank you, AJ -- and if they are hemmed, the hems roll up?
Jul 18, 2012, 11:45am   #4
averagejoe's Avatar
averagejoe
Member
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal
Thank you, AJ -- and if they are hemmed, the hems roll up?
Here are some Dior scarves from Ebay to compare some of the hems (I'm not too sure what "roll-up" means in terms of the hem). These scarves are a few years old, but I'm sure that new scarves are finished in a similar way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRISTIAN-DI...item2a1f634d65

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMG-ONLY-1-N...item4605be3a16

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMG-New-Auth...item4605beb212
Jul 18, 2012, 4:48pm   #5
C
Thread Starter
CaliforniaGal
Member
Ah I see. I just meant rolled upward to the "right" side like Hermes scarves.
Thanks very much..
Jul 20, 2012, 5:23pm   #6
Scarf Addict's Avatar
Scarf Addict
Sieze The Day!
Yes the scarf hems are like Hermes rolled to the front of the scarf - you can see on my scarf here:-
Attached Images
 
Aug 19, 2012, 11:43pm   #7
Shannbar's Avatar
Shannbar
Member
Originally Posted by Scarf Addict
Yes the scarf hems are like Hermes rolled to the front of the scarf - you can see on my scarf here:-
Does anyone know if this is always the case? I have a vintage Dior scarf and the hems are rolled toward the back. I don't think it's fake but I don't know this for a fact. Some of the scarves on Ebay look like the hems are rolled toward the back but it's hard to tell in pictures. Thanks for any light any of you experts can shed on this issue!
Aug 20, 2012, 1:02pm   #8
averagejoe's Avatar
averagejoe
Member
Originally Posted by Shannbar
Does anyone know if this is always the case? I have a vintage Dior scarf and the hems are rolled toward the back. I don't think it's fake but I don't know this for a fact. Some of the scarves on Ebay look like the hems are rolled toward the back but it's hard to tell in pictures. Thanks for any light any of you experts can shed on this issue!
It depends on when the scarves were made as well. "Vintage" Dior scarves were not manufactured the same way as the current scarves.
Aug 20, 2012, 2:23pm   #9
Shannbar's Avatar
Shannbar
Member
Originally Posted by averagejoe
It depends on when the scarves were made as well. "Vintage" Dior scarves were not manufactured the same way as the current scarves.
Interesting... Thanks!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools