Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Great budget bags?

POST A REPLY

Oct 10, 2005, 4:05am   #1
Kat2
Being a recently-out-of-college student, I'm still paying off student loans and I won't carry a really expensive purse day-to-day. Right now, I'm completely in love with my Rosetti bag from Kohl's. It's this one but in a light lavender.

What are your favorite budget bags?
Oct 10, 2005, 4:33am   #2
Noriko
Account Deactivated
That is cute! I'd love it in the lav

Marc by MJ has some cute bags for less than the cost of high end designer bags :) I really like the blue drawstring they have out now.
Oct 10, 2005, 6:30am   #3
k
kojiko
KOJIKO
I agree with Noriko. It's cute!

Budget bags? I'd say Coach. I really like some of their designs. I have some that I picked up from sales. Some nice Coach bags that I like go under $80 (sometimes lower). Plus they last long too! I have beaten up some of my Coach bags, but they still look great!
Oct 10, 2005, 6:33am   #4
k
kojiko
KOJIKO
I checked out Kohl's website.

I think these are cute:

http://www.kohls.com/products/produc...=1128940303721

http://www.kohls.com/products/produc...=1128940303754
Oct 10, 2005, 9:23am   #5
FendiBagLady
Check out Francesco Biasia, my friend tells me that they (or he?) makes some great bags that are more affordable. There is also a great store in NYC (not sure where you live) but it is called Verve in SoHo and on the Upper West Side and they have bags from new up and coming designers. They are not cheap but are more affordable than the "it" bags - around $150-500. Also, check out shopintution.com, they have some cute more affordable bags. Finally, the Michael by Michael Kors line has some awesome bags that look a lot pricier than they are.
Oct 10, 2005, 9:44pm   #6
Kat2
Thanks everyone!

I'm dyyyyyyyyyying for one of the Fiorelli Humbug bags but the Fiorelli site doesn't ship to the US, so until I make a friend in the UK who can buy it and ship it for me, I'm stuck. The shoulder bag is under $80 US.

http://fiorelli.co.uk/shop/product_l...pd/humbug.html
Oct 10, 2005, 10:08pm   #7
fendifemale
Speedys > men
Originally Posted by Kat2
Being a recently-out-of-college student, I'm still paying off student loans and I won't carry a really expensive purse day-to-day. Right now, I'm completely in love with my Rosetti bag from Kohl's. It's this one but in a light lavender.

What are your favorite budget bags?
The Rosetti slouch hobo in teal from Kohl's. It has an umbrella, shades case, and coin purse too.
Oct 10, 2005, 10:28pm   #8
c
chemlex
I am always on the lookout for chic and cheap bags. I usually post them up in the blog. It's very hard finding something cute for under $30, but this is one that I found.

It's made by Candies and is available at zappos.com

Even if you do have all the money in the world to buy bags, if you're going out on the town and don't want to to worry about some fool spilling their drink on your bag, it's always good to have a few bags that won't break your bank if they get ruined.
Oct 11, 2005, 4:37pm   #9
s
sadaf
I second the Michael by Michael Kors line of handbags. They are available at Macy's and look very nice. They've got a little Kooba and Chloe vibe going on, without busting your wallet.
Oct 12, 2005, 11:29am   #10
KK
Talking great budget/great value bags, just passed by Roots and saw a couple of cutes ones (Tuscany also comes in colour of the Natalie too). They are made with really nice soft grain leather, look nicer in real life. I never own a Roots bags but these one are quite nice on both the quality and price tags .

http://www.roots.com/new_canada/html...ST-ARTICLE.pdf

KK
Last edited Oct 12, 2005 at 11:34am.
Oct 12, 2005, 3:18pm   #11
Megs
I love bags
Wow!! Those Roots bags are actually quite gorg! Is that the Roots company as in Canadian?

Whenever I have gone to Canada I always bought comfy Roots sweats and such for a few times I've worked out!!
Oct 12, 2005, 8:14pm   #12
KK
Originally Posted by Megs
Wow!! Those Roots bags are actually quite gorg! Is that the Roots company as in Canadian?

Whenever I have gone to Canada I always bought comfy Roots sweats and such for a few times I've worked out!!
Well, it is indeed the Canadian Roots, as the article says, it is an expert in producing leather goods (since 1973) and they use all natural enviromental friendly dye. If you have a Roots in your town, you should go check out the bags. As I said, I never considered a Roots bag before but I felt it in my hands for the first time today, it's great. Hubby loves the price tag, I am going to order the coco colour but the colour of the Natalie is growing on me. The pictures do not do them justice. Sorry to be so excited, I have been looking for an every day leather bag that fits the budget as a housewife. The last bag I bought was LV Epi speedy 30 and that was before I got married and became dependent.:embarasse
Oct 12, 2005, 9:18pm   #13
Megs
I love bags
I'll have to look into them! I'm not sure if they are anywhere in the US, or just in Canada...
Oct 13, 2005, 12:17pm   #14
KK
They are in the US but not many, see if you are in any of these locations.
http://www.roots.com/new_canada/html...urStores.shtml
Oct 13, 2005, 8:56pm   #15
Megs
I love bags
I'm going to have to check them out, Very cool indeed.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >