Home The Playground Computers & Electronics

What laptop do you own?

POST A REPLY

Apr 23, 2011, 10:08pm   #1
Do you like it?

I'm in the market for a newbie. My Toshiba Portege R500 is starting to show signs of being a dinosaur
Apr 23, 2011, 10:41pm   #2
LVoe
I have a macbook pro 13" and I love it.
Apr 24, 2011, 1:00am   #3
Birkin = love
I have a 13" MacBook. I didn't go with the Pro because I'm not a professional filmmaker or musician, and I didn't want to spend the extra $$$ on the more advanced sound card. Otherwise, the one I have is pretty much the same as the Pro! I'm a digital artist, and my MacBook is great!
Apr 24, 2011, 1:17am   #4
oh so fabuleuse
My last HP laptop burned out no more HP ever! Hubby surprised me yesterday with a Apple Macbook Pro 13" I love it soooo much and I barely know how to work it! lol It is my first Apple computer I highly recommend it
Apr 24, 2011, 10:44am   #5
bag hunting...
Toshiba Satellite. My first Toshiba lasted about 5 years and I loved it, so I bought another one.
Apr 24, 2011, 11:02am   #6
13" MacBook Pro i5. Love it. Its my third. The resale value on macs are the best.
Apr 24, 2011, 11:14am   #7
Originally Posted by brianne1114
Toshiba Satellite. My first Toshiba lasted about 5 years and I loved it, so I bought another one.
My DH swears by Toshiba.
Apr 24, 2011, 11:15am   #8
Mbp 13 inch core i5
Apr 24, 2011, 11:26am   #9
13 inch macbook pro <3
Apr 24, 2011, 1:38pm   #10
No time for your ish
17 inch macbook pro. I seriously it.
Apr 24, 2011, 1:53pm   #11
I have a Toshiba Satellite and I have to say that I'm very pleased with it
Apr 24, 2011, 2:16pm   #12
Eeek - it's a mouse!
13'' Macbook - Purchased in 2007 and still going strong!
Apr 24, 2011, 2:33pm   #13
Between DH and I we have a few now. Toshiba Satellite, Sony Vaio, Asus EEE netbook, UMID, HP, Macbook and Macbook pro. They all work, but we'll probably get rid of the older ones (vaio, eee and possibly the HP) now that we have ipads, but they all serve a different purpose and have worked well throughout they years (and no viruses at all!). It's nice having both OS in the house, but our gadgets are piling up..not to mention the desktops.

If you like your Toshiba, ours serves us well and the value can't be beat. Sony Vaio was wonderful too (I'd go with that if you need a small, light high powered laptop for travelling) and have not had a single problem with it but it's like 3600 (!) now for the smallest one. The MacBooks are wonderful for toting around locally, but i travelled with one for a two week period and that was the end of that. Those are nice too, and honestly I can't tell a big difference between the MB and MBP other than the look, backlighting and a couple of little thing. But, the difference in price is pretty minimal also, so if you decide on a mac, I'd try them both out. Although the MB is still pretty new, we might trade it in for the 2012 MBP is released since they're about due for an external upgrade (in addition to the routine internal ones). I'm not the kind to wait every year for the latest and greatest, but this is one I would be likely to wait for if you like them and theres no rush.
Apr 24, 2011, 8:10pm   #14
<3OOO~~~
what are looking for in a laptop?

i have a 15" macbook pro i7. i do love it. everything is so fast. i was just fed up with PCs. i do web design and programming so i went with the MBP. for casual users, a macbook or macbook air are great.
Apr 25, 2011, 4:48pm   #15
Originally Posted by gymangel812
what are looking for in a laptop?

i have a 15" macbook pro i7. i do love it. everything is so fast. i was just fed up with PCs. i do web design and programming so i went with the MBP. for casual users, a macbook or macbook air are great.
Mainly web browsing.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Computers & Electronics