Home The Playground Computers & Electronics

What laptop do you own?

POST A REPLY

Jun 16, 2011, 2:05am   #61
K
Asus PEM1015 EEE seashell series in white, running Linux on it. Very light and easy to carry around in small bags which for me is a big plus. For heavy computing i use my PC so its for internet only and does a perfect job!
Jun 16, 2011, 3:09am   #62
On the LV PROWL <3
Macbook White 2009
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Running on Leopard
Web Browser mainly used: Firefox
Jun 16, 2011, 4:08am   #63
d
A Dell Inspiron 1420 which I'm really unhappy with because of how slow it has gotten. When I first bought it years ago it was exponentially slower because of Windows Vista but improved greatly when I installed Windows XP. But now it's slowing down again, simply cause of time.

I also have a Gateway Netbook which I really like. Most laptops are not that portable. They are heavy and they overheat, neither are they very portable (size, added weight puts pressure on you to not drop it). Netbooks are standard speed and can't do too much at once, but when you want something on the go, they are incredible. Good battery life too. For example: I would not consider a Macbook Pro portable at all. My cousin has one and its great, super-fast, but he's EXTREMELY self-concious about it precisely because of how expensive and fast it is. A lot of the material on the exterior is fiber glass; if you ever dropped it you would cry; you wouldn't want it outdoors or other rough surfaces, your mind just can't be at ease. Netbooks are great cause their so cheap, so if you drop it it can withstand a modest fall and it's not the end of the world if it breaks as opposed to a $1,000+ Macbook Pro breaking

I just got an iPad which of course isn't a laptop, but there are a lot of things I can do on it that I would've done on my laptop. But it is no replacement for a desktop/laptop of course. I'm not sure I'm quite ready to make the complete jump to Apple. I like iPhone, iPod, iPad, but am not sure if I'd ever buy a Macbook, I am just too use to the Windows interface. Plus it seems like Dell has some good Desktops that run Windows 7, and HP even has those PCs that are similar to Mac (the one where the monitor also has the CPU, making it ultra light and portable, all you do is plugin the power cord and monitor).
Jun 16, 2011, 4:16am   #64
d
As a side note: I don't think a laptop should replace desktops, no matter how awesome they are. It can be the POWER MAC 5000 that can do everything and blend for all I care.

Little known tidbit: laptop batteries eventually run out and have to be replaced. Also, price-to-price, desktops are a lot faster than laptops, PC or MAC
Jun 16, 2011, 7:42am   #65
On the LV PROWL <3
Laptops are beneficial if you want to save money on your energy bills. But I do admit the only thing I don't like about my Macbook is when it heats up. Eventually I might have to buy a cooling station for it.
Jun 16, 2011, 9:05am   #66
s
DELL Inspiron 910 8.9" netbook with Linux. Since three years ago, nice for traveling and occasional use.

ASUS G51J 15.6". Intel Core i7. For working.

For regular use at home, a small desktop (Dell Inspiron Zino) with W7. Simple but silent and it has given no problems.

I still own a Toshiba Satellite 2540, from 1999. It's still working, but not of much use, being limited to windows98.
Jun 16, 2011, 11:57am   #67
MacBook 13 inch in white, with a pink cover :)
After nearly a year, I'm still learning new stuff on it, after owning a PC all my life.
Jun 16, 2011, 12:01pm   #68
Originally Posted by dbtbandit67
As a side note: I don't think a laptop should replace desktops, no matter how awesome they are. It can be the POWER MAC 5000 that can do everything and blend for all I care.

Little known tidbit: laptop batteries eventually run out and have to be replaced. Also, price-to-price, desktops are a lot faster than laptops, PC or MAC
I miss having a desktop, haven't had one for about 5 years. My current place is too small.
Jun 16, 2011, 2:46pm   #69
Gan Daginn
MacBook Pro 15" & MacBook White 13"
Jun 16, 2011, 6:34pm   #70
l
I own an iMac that I got about 3 years ago. I also own an ASUS Republic of Gamers laptop. It is a 15.6 inch. My husband got it for me a little over a month ago and I love it. It is a bit heavy, but performs great! Never thought I would own a PC again.
Jun 16, 2011, 8:54pm   #71
Addict
A Sony Vaio... but wanting to buy a Macbook Pro
Jun 22, 2011, 6:00pm   #72
13" MacBook Pro, and I LOOOOOOOOOVE IT!

It's light, easy to use, and the battery life is great!
Jun 22, 2011, 11:09pm   #73
g
i have the 13' white macbook! i thought the color was cuter i didnt need the extra features that the macbook pro.. the white macbook suits me just fine.. all i needed was a working webcam and microsoft office and i was set!
Jun 22, 2011, 11:27pm   #74
13'' aluminum Macbook
It still runs great after 2.5 years!
Jun 22, 2011, 11:34pm   #75
Aloha
2010 13 inch macbook pro. i love it soo much. way better than windows. i doubt ill go back.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Computers & Electronics