ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

iPad 2 won't charge correctly

POST A REPLY

Jul 27, 2012, 9:15am   #1
No Cute
cupcake butt
I've had this less than a year. I have a new cord. Is that the issue? Can a new battery be put in? Brand new to Apple, so no clue.
Jul 27, 2012, 3:47pm   #2
m
missnewkabuki
I had the same problem a couple days ago and than all of sudden it didn't have a problem...it's working fine now. I didn't do anything special, I just left it alone.
Jul 27, 2012, 5:35pm   #3
carvedwords
What do you mean not charge correctly?
Jul 28, 2012, 7:05am   #4
f
flowinq
Try another power cord and brick to see if that fixes the issue. Second option would be to backup your information on iTunes and try restoring the device. That would fix any type of software glitch. If neither of these fix the issue then the battery in the unit is defective. A new battery can not be put in as iPads are not meant to be opened up. You would have to have the entire unit swapped out through the Apple store. If you are within the first year you will get the replacement at no cost. If you aren't within the first year and did not purchase apple care then you will have to pay for the replacement. Depending on what unit you have that would be between $250-300 to replace. Hope this helps!
Jul 28, 2012, 6:14pm   #5
Myblackbag
This happened to my nephew, he was using an aftermarket power cord. He bought a new one from the Apple Store and it's worked fine ever since.
Jul 29, 2012, 3:53pm   #6
No Cute
cupcake butt
By charging correctly, I mean I had it plugged in over night, and the battery powered to 40%.

Power cord...I got a new one that was from a department store. I will replace it with an Apple one and see. My work wants it back if it is defective, and I'd like to keep working with it, so it's worth trying.

Thank you all.
Last edited Jul 29, 2012 at 4:00pm.
Aug 5, 2012, 4:48am   #7
seahorseinstripes
bag greed bug
i had problem like that with my original ipad and i took it to apple and they get me a new one
Sep 20, 2012, 3:34am   #8
H
Hayley88
I had the same problem. If you are on a plan take it back and they should replace it free. Make sure you back everything up first. Good luck.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >