Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Which bag to take to Disney World???

POST A REPLY

Jan 17, 2009, 8:01am   #1
anglarry04
Hello Friends!

Has anyone taken their Coach bag when they went to Disney World? Which bag?

I am going to DW in March when i get home. I am debating whether to take my Ergo tote or use a different bag.

What would you ladies recommend????

TIA!
Jan 17, 2009, 8:35am   #2
Tamy1119
Pretty in Pink
Honestly, if you are going to be riding the rides, I would not even take a Coach bag with me.. Unless it was a cross body swingpack... Some rides you can NOT take the bag in with you .. and I would NOT want to leave my Coach bag at the ride station alone....
Jan 17, 2009, 8:37am   #3
nyhockeymom91
^^^ I agree
Jan 17, 2009, 8:38am   #4
EmmaLee83
Swingpacks are perfect for situations like Disney World. Otherwise I would leave it at home.
Jan 17, 2009, 8:48am   #5
divadivine682
~lots of love~
When I went to disney a few years back, I actually took my signature stripe tote with me and it worked out fine. If you're going with small children, you're not going to be going on many rides where you wont be able to bring your bag or anything with you (unlike six flags great adventure or something). A lot of the rides are ones where you fit a few people in them so theres certainly a lot of room for a bag. If you prefer to be hands free and are only taking the bare minimum than a swing pack will def be your best bet!
Jan 17, 2009, 8:57am   #6
LarissaB
BEWARE OF COLOR TRANSFER

I took my swingpak to Disney in August and just want to warn you that those cute little blue Disney bags that they give you when you purchase something cause major color transfer. The blue wears off in your hands and your bag. I ended up buying one of those nylon bags (umbrella material) that fold up really small and when I bought something, I just stuck it in there. They sell them at Disney for about $6 or you could buy one before you go.

Otherwise, I highly recommend taking a swingpak. You can wear it crossbody and forget about it until you need it. I also like really big bags so I carried a larger tote on the plane and broke out the swingpak to go to the parks.

Have fun!
Jan 17, 2009, 9:00am   #7
donnalynn11
I took a patent Coach bag with me last summer when we went, but we had rainy weather, so I just wound up buying one of those cute Disney waterproof totes and just used that the entire time. I dont know if I would even bring a Coach, other than the purse I was using for the trip. I wound up carrying everyones stuff in the tote - it was jam-packed, and I wouldnt want to do that to one of my good bags.
Jan 17, 2009, 9:11am   #8
inluvwCoach
Swing pack... I went out to coach just to buy one because i was going to Disney. If possible locate the heritage stripe swing pack because their fabrics you were able to just wash off. It was awesome when my boyfriend spilled an entire slushy on it...
Jan 17, 2009, 9:17am   #9
vivi1205
**My Snow Pup**
If you don't "need" a lot, I'd go with a capacity wristlet...for your essentials . Wearing them on your wristlet is like wearing nothing!
Jan 17, 2009, 9:17am   #10
jen1983
I went to Disneyland with my family last August and I used my swingpack. Even with the two small children we rode a majority of the rides (love Disneyland). Used it crossbody and just put all the necessities in there... ID's, tickets, lip balm, money, camera, etc... and the rest (kid's essentials, snacks, extra clothes) in a backpack/diaper bag and that is what we left with the stroller when we went on rides. The swingpack always came with me on rides. More secure than a purse/tote in my opinion. Hope this helps!
Jan 17, 2009, 10:27am   #11
anglarry04
Thanks ladies! I just didnt think the swingpack would hold much. I was thinking of bringing one of my non-coach messenger bags.
Jan 17, 2009, 11:51am   #12
Pursedove
Purse-o-maniac
I have a patent Sophie which can be used crossbody and will probably take that when we go to Disney this summer. I don't usually ride any rides though (we have a small son and my hubby's parents are coming and his mom doesn't ride either) so I'd never have to leave it anywhere. The patent can take rain and stuff being dumped on it. So I won't worry. I carry too much stuff for a swingpack.... Anyway, if a swingpack might not work and you aren't into patent, I agree to just get a non-Coach and take it for the actual park.
Jan 17, 2009, 12:35pm   #13
rendodan110
Danielle
This is a very good question, Im going to Disney land in July and was wondering the same thing. I wont be riding any rides because I am taking the woman I care for with us (both woman are in wheelchairs) so I am in charge of them,I was thinking my new patent ergo hobo that way I can carry any extras the kiddos or the ladies might need.
Jan 17, 2009, 1:27pm   #15
Trahnee
We've been to Disney World 3 times. Everytime I've taken a swingpack and it was PERFECT. Just make sure it isn't leather because of the water rides. I put it on across my body and forget it's even there. Have fun!!! We love it there!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >