Home Contemporary Designers Coach

Show us your COACH secondhand BARGAINS!!


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Feb 26, 2014, 5:34am   #3256
JOODLZ's Avatar
Member
This one was too good to pass up. From the same Goodwill as the brown one I posted a couple of days ago. Also a 1998 Soho Buckle bag in black. It was at the store when I bought the brown one, marked $19.99. Went back and found it marked down to $12.99!
Attached Images
 
Feb 26, 2014, 2:22pm   #3257
b
Member
Originally Posted by Two.time.bags
That might be me. I dunked and cleaned up a burgundy Sonoma Nubuc backpack. I keep meaning to post after pics on the rehab thread but I haven't quite finished as I was waiting to get some dye to cover a rubbed area. I got the dye yesterday so will post soon. The handle cleaned up really well as did the lining.
Hi there! I see you rehabbed a nubuck Sonoma bag. I would love to see pictures and if you have any advice for me as my Sonoma Nubuck flap bag is drying... I'm hoping I got all the marks off and don't have to dunk and scrub again.

Anyway, any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.
Mar 5, 2014, 5:38am   #3258
JOODLZ's Avatar
Member
I've hit a nice Coach Leatherware streak lately at Goodwill. A 1989-90 Spectator Compartment Bag #6850 and a mid to late 80's Handle Portfolio #5050 together (with a $5 off coupon) for under $45!
Attached Images
  
Mar 5, 2014, 9:14am   #3259
A
Member
Originally Posted by JOODLZ
I've hit a nice Coach Leatherware streak lately at Goodwill. A 1989-90 Spectator Compartment Bag #6850 and a mid to late 80's Handle Portfolio #5050 together (with a $5 off coupon) for under $45!
I bought a Coach briefcase new in the mid 80s, probably 1984 or 1985. It is very similar to your Portfolio. Mine's number is 9528. When I google that number, nothing comes up, so I wonder if it is instead a unique number. It is made in NYC, and the number is not glued in. At that time I think it cost around $150. (A basic bag then cost around $70).
Mar 5, 2014, 10:06am   #3260
Hyacinth's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by AggieK
I bought a Coach briefcase new in the mid 80s, probably 1984 or 1985. It is very similar to your Portfolio. Mine's number is 9528. When I google that number, nothing comes up, so I wonder if it is instead a unique number. It is made in NYC, and the number is not glued in. At that time I think it cost around $150. (A basic bag then cost around $70).
If the 9528 number is part of the serial number and it's a NYC bag then it's part of a unique serial number and NOT the style number of the bag. Style numbers weren't part of the serial number until 1994.

The Salearea Guides have more information on creeds and serial numbers:
http://search.reviews.ebay.com/members/salearea?uqt=g
Mar 5, 2014, 1:33pm   #3261
A
Member
Originally Posted by Hyacinth
If the 9528 number is part of the serial number and it's a NYC bag then it's part of a unique serial number and NOT the style number of the bag. Style numbers weren't part of the serial number until 1994.

The Salearea Guides have more information on creeds and serial numbers:
http://search.reviews.ebay.com/members/salearea?uqt=g
Thanks for the info!
Mar 7, 2014, 10:10am   #3262
pursecharm's Avatar
Member
Just got a new to me "starter" Kristin. She is the white mist Kristin hippie. Great condition!
Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394208648.262179.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  688.7 KB
Mar 9, 2014, 12:13pm   #3263
MoreCoachPleez's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by pursecharm
Just got a new to me "starter" Kristin. She is the white mist Kristin hippie. Great condition!
Attachment 2534038

Love!! I always preferred the older Kristins w the squishy strap :) I must admit I'm a tad jealous. Enjoy your beautiful "starter" gal!
Mar 10, 2014, 1:00pm   #3264
pursecharm's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by MoreCoachPleez
Love!! I always preferred the older Kristins w the squishy strap :) I must admit I'm a tad jealous. Enjoy your beautiful "starter" gal!

Thanks! Missed these gals as a newbie but good to know they can be found.
Mar 13, 2014, 1:31pm   #3265
iNeedCoffee's Avatar
Coachaholic
My new-to-me Bronze Sophia. She's so soft and smushy and shiny.
Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394735446.567769.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  209.5 KB
Attached Images
 
Mar 13, 2014, 11:58pm   #3266
Oneforme's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by iNeedCoffee
My new-to-me Bronze Sophia. She's so soft and smushy and shiny.
Attachment 2541149
Nice pick, she looks brand new!
Mar 14, 2014, 12:03am   #3267
pursecharm's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by iNeedCoffee
My new-to-me Bronze Sophia. She's so soft and smushy and shiny.
Attachment 2541149

Oh no, I missed Sophias too. Are they hard to find?
Mar 14, 2014, 6:41am   #3268
iNeedCoffee's Avatar
Coachaholic
Originally Posted by pursecharm
Oh no, I missed Sophias too. Are they hard to find?
If you shop on eBay or Bonanza, there are quite a few. HTH!
Mar 14, 2014, 6:43am   #3269
iNeedCoffee's Avatar
Coachaholic
Originally Posted by Oneforme
Nice pick, she looks brand new!
Thank you! She was a little smushed, but she is super clean; not a mark on her!
Mar 28, 2014, 5:32am   #3270
JOODLZ's Avatar
Member
The first one may well be my "find of the year"!!! A 1960's-ish, pre-creed, double kisslock bag for $19.99. Then a 1992-ish Coach Leatherware Fulton Bag...super, heavy-weight leather, also $19.99.
Attached Images
   
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Coach  
TOP

Thread Tools