Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Scratched Coach Hardware...Help!

POST A REPLY

Jun 18, 2012, 2:34pm   #1
tamshac77
Hi ladies,
I scratched the clasp on the front pocket of my Kristin Laila. Is there anything that can be done? Will Coach repair something like that? Is there a way to buff them out myself? I tried to post pictures but for some reason, they wouldn't attach.
Thank you!
Jun 18, 2012, 2:35pm   #2
jenniletv
How bad is it?

Maybe try uploading the pics to photobucket and then posting them from there?
Jun 19, 2012, 2:16am   #3
tamshac77
Originally Posted by jenniletv
How bad is it?

Maybe try uploading the pics to photobucket and then posting them from there?
Great idea. How do I attach the photos from photobucket? Thanks.
Jun 19, 2012, 3:13am   #4
MarneeB
~One Day At A Time~
You might wanna ask a mod to merge the 2 threads you started on this.
Jun 19, 2012, 9:44am   #5
jenniletv
Originally Posted by tamshac77
Great idea. How do I attach the photos from photobucket? Thanks.
When you have uploaded them if you just toggle the mouse over the pic some boxes show up underneath (links and so on). I just click on the box next to img code and it "copies" the pic. Then I come here and "paste" and it puts the picture in my post.
Jun 19, 2012, 6:33pm   #6
tamshac77
Originally Posted by jenniletv
When you have uploaded them if you just toggle the mouse over the pic some boxes show up underneath (links and so on). I just click on the box next to img code and it "copies" the pic. Then I come here and "paste" and it puts the picture in my post.
Okay...here goes. Thanks!

Jun 20, 2012, 12:22am   #7
cozyc
Originally Posted by tamshac77

Okay...here goes. Thanks!
So sorry about your hardware :( hope they can fix it. :)
Jun 21, 2012, 2:34am   #8
tamshac77
Originally Posted by cozyc
So sorry about your hardware :( hope they can fix it. :)
Aww, thanks! I have a feeling that I'm on my own since it's my fault, but I may still send it in as a last resort.
Jun 21, 2012, 3:16am   #9
MarneeB
~One Day At A Time~
It actually doesn't look that bad to me. Beautiful bag by the way!
Jun 21, 2012, 9:13am   #10
T
TXGirlie
I don't think it looks that bad. The hardware will scratch anyway as you use it....it's inevitable. You have a gorgeous bag! I would just enjoy her and not worry about the hardware any further.
Jun 21, 2012, 10:19am   #11
ildera5
Bag Lovers Unite!
I don't think it looks that bad either :). The clasp on my Laila has scratches too since I use her all the time :).
Jun 22, 2012, 1:22am   #12
tamshac77
Thanks girls. I panicked the first time I saw it but I'm starting to get used to it. I may try to polish it and leave it alone. You all are right, it isn't that bad I guess and since I do use it daily, getting scratches is going to be inevitable. Thanks for making me feel better.
Jun 22, 2012, 1:34pm   #13
Clovers
Purses are pretty :]
What I do is put a layer of the thick clear mailing/packing tape on top of my hardware. Kind of laminating it so that the tape gets scratched and not my hardware, then change the tape as needed. Like, I just cut a small rectangle to put on the flat edges of the buckle. Prevention helps!
Jun 28, 2012, 1:28am   #14
tamshac77
Originally Posted by Clovers
What I do is put a layer of the thick clear mailing/packing tape on top of my hardware. Kind of laminating it so that the tape gets scratched and not my hardware, then change the tape as needed. Like, I just cut a small rectangle to put on the flat edges of the buckle. Prevention helps!
Wow, cool idea. I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks.
Aug 29, 2012, 12:13pm   #15
y
yalgoh
Originally Posted by Clovers
this is an awesome idea..will it look obvious with the tape on the hardware?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >