Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Official Coach CHAT Thread!!!

POST A REPLY

Jul 14, 2012, 10:40pm   #4276
K
KittyKwilter
Originally Posted by whateve
When styles are discontinued from the full price stores, Coach sends the rest of the stock to the outlets where you can buy them at discounted prices. When you go to the outlet stores, most of the merchandise is made for Factory and then there are also the deletes, which are the full price store items that were discontinued.
Thanks. I didn't realize they called those items deletes. Do they ever send the classics or originals? I noticed someone found a Stewardess Bag at an outlet. Is that common? Maybe I should check out an outlet. There are two about 1.5 hours away (same as the FP store).
Jul 15, 2012, 12:00am   #4277
bags4fun
Crazy about tennis!!
You should check out the outlets. They always have some deletes, even at my crappy outlet. teehee
Jul 15, 2012, 12:38am   #4278
madlin271
AVID handbag lover
When styles are discontinued from the full price stores, Coach sends the rest of the stock to the outlets where you can buy them at discounted prices. When you go to the outlet stores, most of the merchandise is made for Factory and then there are also the deletes, which are the full price store items that were discontinued.
-sigh- we have only the full price stores here. I wonder if coach will ever open their outlets and with the irresistible price, i may definitely filled up my closet with coach goodies, fobs, accessories...
Jul 15, 2012, 1:19am   #4279
whateve
Originally Posted by KittyKwilter
Thanks. I didn't realize they called those items deletes. Do they ever send the classics or originals? I noticed someone found a Stewardess Bag at an outlet. Is that common? Maybe I should check out an outlet. There are two about 1.5 hours away (same as the FP store).
I have never seen classics or originals are the outlets but it is possible they could get them if they are removed from the stores and Coach.com. I believe that if they have only a small stock left, they will keep it in the warehouse rather than sending it to the outlets, because eventually someone will probably order it. More than likely the Stewardess Bag was only there because someone had returned it. You can return a unused Coach bag even after having it for years, so occasionally you will find something really rare or something that is still available at full price stores.
Jul 15, 2012, 7:51am   #4280
Bbyjill
Does this happen to anyone else. I found a bag months ago on the bay that I loved. Its a little older and a color that ya don't see in the states from jax much. For months I looked kept my eye on it and another poped up for $200 less. I was so exited. I got the bag just to see two more pop up for another $200 less. This happends all the time.
Jul 15, 2012, 9:00am   #4281
K
KittyKwilter
I have never seen classics or originals are the outlets but it is possible they could get them if they are removed from the stores and Coach.com. I believe that if they have only a small stock left, they will keep it in the warehouse rather than sending it to the outlets, because eventually someone will probably order it. More than likely the Stewardess Bag was only there because someone had returned it. You can return a unused Coach bag even after having it for years, so occasionally you will find something really rare or something that is still available at full price stores.
Thanks!
Jul 18, 2012, 6:03pm   #4282
G
GoStanford
http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/c...omens-fashion/

Look at the article on the Perfect Trail Bag (campaign trail/work bag) and picture 7. I wish Coach would return to making more of the classic styles and domestically to boot! I like the idea of supporting American workers, but in this day and age, international labor is so cheap that it seems like most leather manufacturers have gone to overseas assembly even if the leather is from the U.S. or Europe.
Jul 20, 2012, 2:46pm   #4283
whateve
Originally Posted by gordomom
Oh - I feel really out of it now. I've never seen M, N, or D. The bags I see at the department stores don't usually have a letter in front (or at the end) of the style #. Have I really been missing all of these???

I have seen the P for pilot bags, but usually when I see bags at Nordstrom Rack or TJ Maxx, they usually have a Z at the beginning of the style #.
I found a bag that has an M. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-19758M...item4d03218ede
Jul 21, 2012, 1:12am   #4284
gordomom
I found a bag that has an M. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-19758M...item4d03218ede
Oh - very interesting!! Thanks for sharing!
Jul 21, 2012, 3:59am   #4285
whateve
Originally Posted by GoStanford
http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/c...omens-fashion/

Look at the article on the Perfect Trail Bag (campaign trail/work bag) and picture 7. I wish Coach would return to making more of the classic styles and domestically to boot! I like the idea of supporting American workers, but in this day and age, international labor is so cheap that it seems like most leather manufacturers have gone to overseas assembly even if the leather is from the U.S. or Europe.
I find it interesting that they made bags in Italy using American alligator. You would think that it would be more expensive to ship the alligator to Italy and then ship the bags back to the US for sale.
Aug 1, 2012, 5:51pm   #4286
m
maliblue
I am a brand new coach owner and am so excited!! It was a gift from my husband and I am thrilled. I love blue and he found me a blue scarf print. Is there a spray foam cleaner for cleaning a fabric bag?
Aug 1, 2012, 10:40pm   #4287
J
Jenet
Hi everybody! Im new here and was wondering if you guys can help me out, please. I really like the poppy signature sateen metallic double zip wristlet. I like the silver and also the black one. But I dont know what color is used for the lining. Does anybody know?
Thanks!!
Aug 1, 2012, 11:24pm   #4288
sthrncin
I Love Soft Leather!
Switched over to my Coach Ali large black messenger bag today. I've missed her! She's such a beauty!!
Aug 2, 2012, 12:41am   #4289
whateve
Originally Posted by maliblue
I am a brand new coach owner and am so excited!! It was a gift from my husband and I am thrilled. I love blue and he found me a blue scarf print. Is there a spray foam cleaner for cleaning a fabric bag?
You can use any multi-purpose cleaner. You can even use dishwashing liquid if you rinse it out. Some people use baby wipes.
Aug 3, 2012, 10:28am   #4290
m
maliblue
Thank you very much!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >