Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Need help with new purchase...

POST A REPLY

Jul 18, 2012, 3:22pm   #1
c
coachgirl_nc
Hi ladies, I got a blue smoke sage off of ebay few days back for 250, the seller had mentioned that there is a small scuff at the bottom of the bag, I received the bag and noticed that these are actually 5 small deep marks in the leather like its been scratched by something....I love the bag but am not sure if I can live with it..... Should I overlook this defect for the price I got it for? I am upset that the listing said its a small scuff, there are pictures but it is hard to tell from the pictures. Am I being too picky? What would you do?
Jul 18, 2012, 3:29pm   #2
Mariquel
Can you show us some pictures?
Jul 18, 2012, 3:33pm   #3
c
coachgirl_nc
I will try to I have never loaded the pictures here... let me try
Jul 18, 2012, 3:51pm   #4
c
coachgirl_nc
here you go...
Attached Images

Jul 18, 2012, 3:52pm   #5
c
coachgirl_nc
It's hard to tell from the picture though, its towards the left side kind of like 5 streaks
Jul 18, 2012, 3:59pm   #6
nc.girl
Girly Gear Head
I see them, barely. I'm sure it's more noticeable in person though. Are those marks on the bottom of the bag? I can't exactly tell from the pic. If you're happy with the price you paid for the bag and the marks aren't in a noticeable place, I'd keep it.
Jul 18, 2012, 4:02pm   #7
c
coachgirl_nc
Thanks nc.girl, they are at the bottom of the bag and more noticable in person, look like the leather is lifting on the edges, I am just worried that it will get worse.
Jul 18, 2012, 4:07pm   #8
nc.girl
Girly Gear Head
Originally Posted by coachgirl_nc
Thanks nc.girl, they are at the bottom of the bag and more noticable in person, look like the leather is lifting on the edges, I am just worried that it will get worse.
Ohhh. If you think the leather is actually lifting in those areas, I'm not sure I'd want to keep it either. That totally changes things for me. Scuffs I can understand; those will eventually happen to any bag if you aren't careful every time you carry a bag. Leather lifting would make me a bit nervous though.
Jul 18, 2012, 4:09pm   #9
c
coachgirl_nc
Originally Posted by nc.girl
Ohhh. If you think the leather is actually lifting in those areas, I'm not sure I'd want to keep it either. That totally changes things for me. Scuffs I can understand; those will eventually happen to any bag if you aren't careful every time you carry a bag. Leather lifting would make me a bit nervous though.
I agree, when it said scuff in the listing I was ok with that but these are like scratches with leather lifting on the sides.
Jul 18, 2012, 5:25pm   #10
cozyc

I agree, when it said scuff in the listing I was ok with that but these are like scratches with leather lifting on the sides.
Words from my hubby always are to me "it will never get any worse, just enjoy it and when it's ratty buy a new one" blah blah blah. But I think sometimes he's smarter than me. On just that ONE thing!! Lol he never gets bothered by anything and it drives me nuts!!

If they were actual cuts I would want a refund. However if I did not think they would get worse I might ask the seller for a partial discount refund and keep it. Usually everything I buy has something I wish it didn't.
Jul 18, 2012, 5:29pm   #11
madiemic
madiemic
At first I couldn't even find them...and I would have never found them inspecting my bag when it arrived. I don't think anyone else will noticed it either. The seller themselves may not have seen it. Either way, if it bothers you that much, send it back. If it bothers you now it will bother you later.
Jul 18, 2012, 5:36pm   #12
c
coachgirl_nc
Originally Posted by cozyc
Words from my hubby always are to me "it will never get any worse, just enjoy it and when it's ratty buy a new one" blah blah blah. But I think sometimes he's smarter than me. On just that ONE thing!! Lol he never gets bothered by anything and it drives me nuts!!

If they were actual cuts I would want a refund. However if I did not think they would get worse I might ask the seller for a partial discount refund and keep it. Usually everything I buy has something I wish it didn't.
I contacted the seller and she is ready to refund $50. I don't think the marks will get worse. I think I am ging to keep it.
Jul 18, 2012, 5:38pm   #13
c
coachgirl_nc
Originally Posted by madiemic
At first I couldn't even find them...and I would have never found them inspecting my bag when it arrived. I don't think anyone else will noticed it either. The seller themselves may not have seen it. Either way, if it bothers you that much, send it back. If it bothers you now it will bother you later.
Thanks madiemic! I don't think anyone will notice these since they are on the bottom of the bag.
Jul 18, 2012, 5:51pm   #14
cozyc

I contacted the seller and she is ready to refund $50. I don't think the marks will get worse. I think I am ging to keep it.
That's a great price! Enjoy your new bag :)
Jul 18, 2012, 6:45pm   #15
c
coachgirl_nc
Thank you! I appreciate all your responses :-)
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >