Home Contemporary Designers Coach

Maybe I'm too picky..more rose patent drama

POST A REPLY

Jun 26, 2012, 7:13pm   #1
Coachie-in-training
So my much anticipared rose BS arrived today!! All wrapped up straight from the FP stockroom it seemed. Only down side is..obviously no one examined it before shipping.

On the front is a pat h if black marks. Maybe I'm being picky and should be grateful for the good deal...blah blah.

How hard is it to exchange a bag from the online sale. It takes me 45 minutes to get to a outlet and hope they can track one down elsewhere. I don't think I should have to pay shipping to return a defective bag. This all of course is assuming they even have anymore legt...maybe you can't see the marks from a distance?
Attached Images

Jun 26, 2012, 7:16pm   #2
~Totes & Pockets~
I don't think you're being too picky. Call CS and maybe they will refund your return shipping. I personally wouldn't keep a brand new bag with marks on it no matter how small. My eyes would focus on it every time.

Good luck!
Jun 26, 2012, 7:16pm   #3
wow. Not sure how far away it can be seen but I see it clearly. I would try to find another. I only deal with imperfections if its the last one. You should be able to find another one.
Jun 26, 2012, 7:17pm   #4
I don't think that you're being too picky at all!! Exchange that bag!

Sadly, I can't help you on how to exchange or how easy it is. :( Maybe someone that has done it before with the online sale can help.

But definitely don't feel like you're being too picky. If that bag was on sale for $50, I still wouldn't accept it.
Jun 26, 2012, 7:19pm   #5
One of the reasons I stay away from light colored patent, once they get a mark it's like a beacon - and you can't get it out. I would call and explain, maybe they can send you a return label and ship a new one when they get it back.

ETA: Just wondering, is it flecks of the sealant, does it 'move' at all?
Jun 26, 2012, 7:23pm   #6
Definitely return/ exchange for a new one. I saw a hobo with similar color on display at the outlet and it had a lot of marks/stains already. SA said its difficult to fix it. Once it's there, it's there forever.
Jun 26, 2012, 7:27pm   #7
Coachie-in-training
Originally Posted by tannedsilk
One of the reasons I stay away from light colored patent, once they get a mark it's like a beacon - and you can't get it out. I would call and explain, maybe they can send you a return label and ship a new one when they get it back.

ETA: Just wondering, is it flecks of the sealant, does it 'move' at all?
Definitely doesn't mice. 4or 5 more flecks I managed to wipe off
Jun 26, 2012, 7:32pm   #8
I too received a rose BS from the outlet sale today, mine had several spots on it too-but all but about three or four was the sealant spots others have mentioned. The sealant was easy to get off, but the remaining spots are permanent. They r so small and so few that I am keeping mine, but if the spots are more severe on yours and they bother u-I say exchange!!!! We all pay too much for these bags not to be absolutely satisfied!! :)
Jun 26, 2012, 7:54pm   #9
I am not surprised that these bags have been coming with spots on them. I had to really search to find BS's at my outlet that didn't have spots all over them! Like what the heck are they doing with those things that they are all ending up at the outlet like that?
Jun 26, 2012, 7:57pm   #10
I've purchased from the online sale and returned with now problems, however I made the hour drive to my closest oultet, but it was worth it to get the return. I dont think you should have any problems returning via mail, if you call and let them know ahead of time why and just make sure when you fill out the return form you put that the bag was damaged (I think it is)
Jun 26, 2012, 7:58pm   #11
I don't think you're being picky; that would bother me too. I hope they are able to remedy it for you. If not, I'd just return it.
Jun 26, 2012, 8:18pm   #12
Mental Rubik's Cube
I'm not picky and even I would return that. No way no how black marks outta be on a new bag.

WTH maybe that ding dong model on the older Coach front page dragged ALL the sages through the grass and mud before Coach shipped them out!!
Jun 26, 2012, 8:20pm   #13
Coachie-in-training
Originally Posted by MedtechCarol
I'm not picky and even I would return that. No way no how black marks outta be on a new bag.

WTH maybe that ding dong model on the older Coach front page dragged ALL the sages through the grass and mud before Coach shipped them out!!

That made me spit my tea out :)
Jun 27, 2012, 12:02am   #14
Originally Posted by MedtechCarol

Too funny!
Jun 27, 2012, 12:11am   #15
I don't think you're being too picky at all!
I would return it ,that's not acceptable!
Good luck, I hope you can find another one!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Coach