Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Help! Ball point pen mark on patent leather!

POST A REPLY

Dec 20, 2008, 8:29pm   #1
d
dcsurfergirl
Somehow I got a ball point pen mark on my fuschia embossed Leah wristlet. Anyone know how to remove it?
Dec 21, 2008, 1:39am   #2
patchworkcat
Meow!

If you do a search on this forum, you will find all kinds of info. Try this thread.
Is it possible to get pen marks out of Coach leather?
Dec 21, 2008, 9:12am   #3
LauraJ2121
you can try spraying hairspray on a cotton ball and gently rubbing it on... it worked on my patent leather wallet i have... good luck
Dec 21, 2008, 10:45am   #4
d
dcsurfergirl
I tried the hairspray. It faded a little. The mark may be older than I think. I will keep on trying.

Patchworkcat-the link didn't work. Oh well.
Dec 21, 2008, 11:17am   #5
CCfor C
I tried everything when I got an ink mark on my patent ergo tote..pond, no less! I did a search and did all that was suggested and looked up on google. In the end, nothing worked. It is very faint, and fortunately the Coach hangtag covers it up..tho no one could really tell.
Dec 21, 2008, 12:37pm   #6
d
dcsurfergirl
Lucky for me, the mark is vertical and in a fold. I use this one for holding small items within a tote bag. It's not the end of the world but still annoying-I just got it a few weeks ago!
Dec 21, 2008, 12:48pm   #7
dragonette
spideymommy
unfortunately, any colored stain on patent leather sinks below the surface and is impossible to remove if it has been there for a long time. you gotta catch it quick before it sinks in.
Dec 21, 2008, 1:45pm   #8
patchworkcat
Meow!
Originally Posted by dcsurfergirl
I tried the hairspray. It faded a little. The mark may be older than I think. I will keep on trying.

Patchworkcat-the link didn't work. Oh well.
If you cut and paste it onto the search this forum. It should bring it up. or type in cleaning leather...
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >