Home Contemporary Designers Coach

Completely content with my collection.

POST A REPLY

Jul 23, 2012, 11:36pm   #1
Pregnant and cranky
A day has arrived that I NEVER thought possible! Today I realized I no longer want/need any more handbags. (OMG, did I really just admit that out loud?) I recieved my Kristin Domed Satchel today. (I promptly moved right in!) As I was unwrapping the new kid on the block, I felt this sense of completion. I realized I am perfectly content with my handbag collection. Now I am not saying I will never again add to it, however I am saying it is going to take Coach coming out with something amazing (which I'm sure they will) in order to fuel my desire for it again. I could be wrong. Maybe I am mistaking this feeling of completion. I bought 3 new bags in 2 weeks time. Maybe I am burned out. What I do know is I compiled a list of bags, & accesories that I absolutely loved and wanted. In a years time I have bought everything on that list. (I did stray from it at times and bought extra) Has anyone else ever felt this way, or am I just mayor of crazy town? Until Coach wows me again I will be living off of reveal threads. :)
Jul 23, 2012, 11:45pm   #2
Coach-my candy store
I think that is awesome! Congrats on feeling content! Which domed satchel did you get? And do you have any collection pics?

I have been getting closer to this feeling, but something is still missing. I really want to get there though, and I am a little envious of you.
Jul 23, 2012, 11:47pm   #3
purse fickle
I have felt content before, but unfortunately that feeling never lasts very long for me. I'll find a style I love and then want 2 or 3 colors, OR a new bag will release that captures my heart and the cycle continues. I was just talking to a co-worker last Friday about how I WISH I could be one of those women who just has an "everyday bag" and carries it for weeks or months at a time, but I just can't. I really like to switch my bags out and it seems I'm never completely satisfied. I truly envy your contentment!
Jul 24, 2012, 12:03am   #4
Handbags Happen
I think that's wonderful. Our treasures should make us feel happy and good about ourselves. You have achieved Handbag Nirvana, oh wise one. Go in purse I mean peace.
Jul 24, 2012, 12:04am   #5
Luvs Leather
I too am content and feel my bag collection complete. I rehomed a bunch of stuff (had too many black bags, too many clutches, sold my RM MABs and replaced them with large Sophias) and love what I have left. I've never had any totes and I love, love, love the Glam Tote. I hve 2 but my daughter has been using one allsummer and I think I may not get or even want it back, lol. I may buy a couple more Glams but other than that, I'm done.

But, if a Lindsey or Abigail presented itself with the right price...
Jul 24, 2012, 12:12am   #6
Originally Posted by lacey_stiletto
I think that's wonderful. Our treasures should make us feel happy and good about ourselves. You have achieved Handbag Nirvana, oh wise one. Go in purse I mean peace.
Lol!
Jul 24, 2012, 12:43am   #7
That's absolutely wonderful! I'm not quite there, or maybe I'm just close to feeling burned out after buying 6 bags in about 4 weeks. I just want something in saffron (Hailey?) for the Fall and a nice bag in mahogany brown, then I think I'll be set.

I'm looking forward to that day, I imagine it will feel very liberating.
Jul 24, 2012, 1:37am   #8
I felt that way until I joined TPF
Jul 24, 2012, 1:55am   #9
k
Originally Posted by keenersarmywife
A day has arrived that I NEVER thought possible! Today I realized I no longer want/need any more handbags. (OMG, did I really just admit that out loud?) I recieved my Kristin Domed Satchel today. (I promptly moved right in!) As I was unwrapping the new kid on the block, I felt this sense of completion. I realized I am perfectly content with my handbag collection. Now I am not saying I will never again add to it, however I am saying it is going to take Coach coming out with something amazing (which I'm sure they will) in order to fuel my desire for it again. I could be wrong. Maybe I am mistaking this feeling of completion. I bought 3 new bags in 2 weeks time. Maybe I am burned out. What I do know is I compiled a list of bags, & accesories that I absolutely loved and wanted. In a years time I have bought everything on that list. (I did stray from it at times and bought extra) Has anyone else ever felt this way, or am I just mayor of crazy town? Until Coach wows me again I will be living off of reveal threads. :)
I feel EXACTLY the way you do, OP! As a matter of fact, I could have written your post almost word for word myself. I had a long list of bags I wanted and between the outlets, eBay and PCEs, trades with fellow TPFers, etc, I think I have it all. I feel wonderful about my collection and don't see a need for more at this point.

Also, sadly, I am not at all a Legacy girl and nothing in the stores is exciting me at all. I am content with what I have and I am (luckily) not tempted by the new stuff.

Katherine
Jul 24, 2012, 6:54am   #10
I am pretty content at the moment. I have been admiring the legacy collection but something has to completely WOW me for me to want to add it to my collection. I am actually starting to feel a little overwhelmed by my collection and thinking of downsizing a little and re-homing a couple of bags that just sadly sit in my closet. They get no love! :( I think once I re-home them, I will feel better about my collection and can start to anticipate new bags this fall.
Jul 24, 2012, 7:35am   #11
Right with you....nothing in the fall thread has captured me the way last fall or the previous spring or the previous season...etc etc etc...had...so, the other day- I got out all my Coach purses....enjoyed the absolute feeling of sheer bliss that they are MINE!....I know that I will enjoy all of them to their fullest...and will be quite content for quite a while.
Jul 24, 2012, 7:38am   #12
I also am to that point almost one bag to go & then done...! I had a girl contact me the other day about trading a Coach for a Coach and there was nothing in my collection I wanted to give up in trade for hers.
I have been using & switching my bags every day... I am just days away from have used every single bag in my collection since I started.. it's been kinda fun seeing some I had not used in awhile but just reminded my why they are still part of my collection.. my oldest is from 08' I have discovered..!
Jul 24, 2012, 8:21am   #13
b
Account Deactivated
I am content with the collection of bags I have also....I have alot of different bags..not just Coach...but I will forever buy new and cute bags, my collection will never be complete because I enjoy it!
Jul 24, 2012, 9:17am   #14
LOL! Quote of the week for sure!!
Jul 24, 2012, 9:23am   #15
Originally Posted by pdxmatts
I felt that way until I joined TPF

Even if I stop buying purses, you guys will keep me reading TPF!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Coach