Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Coach Key Case - My modification!

POST A REPLY

Oct 29, 2013, 10:42pm   #1
SheGetsWoundUp
I bought the Coach Waverly key case and was so excited to use it.

Until I realized that my car key & house fob won't fit inside of it. So I watched countless YouTube videos to see what other key case users do and found that most of them just have one of the inside key holders hang out with their car key.

However, when I did that, it felt wimpy. I was so bummed because it just didn't feel right. Eventually, the little keychain FELL OUT! I was able to put it together but couldn't figure out what to do -- other than take it to a leather shop and have a whole punched in it for a new keyring for my key & fob.

THEN IT HIT ME.

I used one of my hangtag's ball chain and it worked like a champ. Now it feel sturdier and I think it looks better!

What do you think? Check it out!
Attached Images

Oct 29, 2013, 10:43pm   #2
tresorchic
Wow that's a good idea!
Oct 29, 2013, 10:46pm   #3
Jaidybug
Great idea, love it!
Oct 30, 2013, 12:12am   #4
minaj
Great idea! I'll have to try that too. Thanks for the tip!
Oct 30, 2013, 12:21am   #5
arfmsu
Oh my - what a good idea! Thanks for sharing - it looks great!
Oct 30, 2013, 1:10am   #6
dwm
Brilliant idea!
Oct 30, 2013, 9:20am   #7
sandyclaws
<3 my iPhone
thats such a cool idea!! i totally will be on the lookout for a keyholder now!! thanks for the pic
Oct 30, 2013, 9:28am   #8
BougieBoo
Dresses-Hair-Shoes!!
Nice!! It's really cute!
Oct 30, 2013, 9:51am   #9
cupcakegirl
Brilliant! Now I have to reconsider a key case...
Oct 30, 2013, 12:13pm   #10
phoxxy
Aweaome idea. Looks pretty, but organized.
Oct 30, 2013, 1:05pm   #11
bwalwayswins
Your keys are adorable now!! Well done!
Oct 30, 2013, 1:09pm   #12
J
Jesssh
Great idea, but where did you get that studded key????
Oct 30, 2013, 2:09pm   #13
c
coachmk
Great mod and I love the key case. I don't remember seeing that. Anyone know of a source to purchase those ball chain thingeys (technical term)? I'd like to put them on all my fobs that just have the ring so I'll actually use them!
Oct 30, 2013, 3:39pm   #14
e
elisaag
Great idea! That's really cute!

One question.... isn't it heavy with all the keys on there and the key holder? I ask because I know it can harm the cars key ignition to have so much weight hanging down from the key when it is in the ignition (happened to me once already and had to replace it)? Unless you take the key out when you strat the car?? Just wondering....
Oct 30, 2013, 4:33pm   #15
SheGetsWoundUp
Originally Posted by elisaag
Great idea! That's really cute!

One question.... isn't it heavy with all the keys on there and the key holder? I ask because I know it can harm the cars key ignition to have so much weight hanging down from the key when it is in the ignition (happened to me once already and had to replace it)? Unless you take the key out when you strat the car?? Just wondering....
Great question! I was concerned about weight too but they keyring doesn't feel any more heavy with the key case than it does without it. It doesn't seem to pull down on my ignition any! Phew!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >