Home Contemporary Designers Coach

All this aegean talk.....

POST A REPLY

Jul 12, 2012, 7:49am   #1
Is making me want this color in lindsey. Do u gals think it will match a lot? I switch into a bag for a season and don't come out! It is so pretty. And also I am thinking of it for a fall bag. Anyone have it already?
Jul 12, 2012, 7:53am   #2
He got SWAG!!!
Originally Posted by Jb32purse
Is making me want this color in lindsey. Do u gals think it will match a lot? I switch into a bag for a season and don't come out! It is so pretty. And also I am thinking of it for a fall bag. Anyone have it already?

hmmmm - when I buy a bag the last thing I worry about is what it matches with bc - example I had on tan and brown yesterday and had my DENIM woven bag and i was CUTEEEE

so - get it and wear with what u want!!!!!!
Jul 12, 2012, 8:08am   #3
I agree! Wear what you want with it. If you love it, get it!
Jul 12, 2012, 8:51am   #4
I think it would add a great pop of color to some adorable outfits! Here is what I would pair it with:

Grey slacks/skirt, white blouse
Khaki slacks/skirt, navy blouse
Black slacks/skirt, cream blouse
White skinny ankle pants, flowy floral top with a hint of green
Jeans, white cami, Khaki blazer

The combinations are endless!!
Jul 12, 2012, 9:35am   #5
I think it would be an awesome pop of color with anything. Plus, this season seems to be using a lot of bright colors together - so if you are wearing bright with a bright bag, I think it would go. If you are wearing more neutral colors - then your bag would be your "fun" in the outfit. :) I don't have any Aegean right now (I sold last season's Kristin) but definitely want to correct that situation!!!
Jul 12, 2012, 11:04am   #6
I have it and I love it. Such a great shade!

My only problem is that now she wants an Aubergine sister ...
Jul 12, 2012, 11:40am   #7
As I've learned from watching "What Not to Wear" recently - Matching is an antiquated notion. They are almost anti-matching.
Jul 12, 2012, 12:20pm   #8
Aegean will make a great fall color. I'm considering it for my fall wardrobe as well. I have the plum patent Lindsey (using her today) and I think she needs a sister. It is such a great bag!
Jul 12, 2012, 12:55pm   #9
Originally Posted by happibug
I have it and I love it. Such a great shade!

My only problem is that now she wants an Aubergine sister ...
This is soooo me!
Jul 12, 2012, 1:28pm   #10
Originally Posted by QueenLouis
As I've learned from watching "What Not to Wear" recently - Matching is an antiquated notion. They are almost anti-matching.
I agree with that. I like contrast. I don't have a Madison Aegean but I do have one of the Kristin Aegan bags from last year and I wear it with a bright top or anything really. :)
Jul 12, 2012, 2:30pm   #11
You guys make really good points ! I lOve ur ideas!
Jul 12, 2012, 4:48pm   #12
c
I'm weird. I couldn't care less if my bag matches anything i'm wearing. I carry whatever bag I want depending on what style I feel like carrying based on my activities for the day/week.
Jul 12, 2012, 5:26pm   #13
Will Work 4 Handbags
I wear a lot of neutrals (black, white, gray, khaki, navy, denim) and wear color in my bags. That way I don't really have to think about matching.
Jul 12, 2012, 10:23pm   #14
I don't try to match my bags to my outfits either. I just carry a bag based on my mood, time of year and whether it is a weekend or weekday. Weekdays I carry a big bag, weekends, I downsize to my smaller bags or a cross body bag for shopping, etc.
Jul 13, 2012, 3:10am   #15
Handbags Happen
Originally Posted by Fab Fashionista
I think it would add a great pop of color to some adorable outfits! Here is what I would pair it with:

Grey slacks/skirt, white blouse
Khaki slacks/skirt, navy blouse
Black slacks/skirt, cream blouse
White skinny ankle pants, flowy floral top with a hint of green
Jeans, white cami, Khaki blazer

The combinations are endless!!

ooooooooooooooooh now you are making me want to do that "paper doll' thing on Polyvore again!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Coach