Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Using PayPal Debit/Credit @ COACH

POST A REPLY

Jan 31, 2011, 11:15am   #1
DesignerElla
Too Addicted
I just started to read about this "banning" nonsense. This is still going on from what I can tell.

I use PayPal a lot and I have their debit. A lot of blogging cash comes in through PayPal, for one thing, and I also have a line of credit through them. Sometimes friends/family use it with each other, etc. Actually it can connect to my bank for backups, if I want it to, so it's good for more luxury spending. I like it because I get a REALLY great ********<<<--- why are stars here? lol I forget. I thought I typed rewards or ******** or points?
ok can't say the "C.B." word. It means I get a penny on the dollar, in a good way.
thing. It adds up, meanwhile, where are my Chase points or whatever? LOL sorry I digress...

I honestly opened it up because I used to have A LOT of cash in there FROM BLOGGING. ONLY. (Not that I have to prove myself.)

Is the PP Debit Card going to raise a flag with COACH if I continue to use/present them a PayPal logo card? (Yes, I've used occasionally - just this month on the website even, I was considering doing it in person this week.)

Does COACH care about PayPal cards when shopping in store and can they tell from online (Mastercard)?

Do they know that it's not just an eBay thing? They don't seem to truly care if a shopper is JUST a customer. (Besides, people do a LOT of clearing out closets kind of selling, is that "wrong" - oh blah [I worry b/c I need to get rid of bags I'll never use, SOMEHOW!]).

Does anyone think this could factor into their system - the PP Mastercard?

I really hope it's not all been tallied from the past and buying bags/shoes in 2 colors has counted, etc. And one day in the future - BAM. (Insert emotional breakdown here.)

I'm <s>pretty</s> hugenormously paranoid about this, I'll admit.

Better to be safe than sorry???

Anyway, TIA!
Jan 31, 2011, 11:20am   #2
nawth21
Addicted!
I doubt it. It more has to do with purchasing/returning behavior and not the payment type. You're only allowed to buy x amount of siggy/non siggy in a 2 week period regardless of how you pay.
Jan 31, 2011, 12:06pm   #3
bunnymasseuse
BunniesN'DaSun
I don't think coach cares much about the METHOD of payment unless it tracks back to the user's info (which determines if you have maxed out your 10 item limit for the 2 week period). The PP MC probably has your info attached to it, so they would know it was you (even if you didn't provide your info or zip code).
Jan 31, 2011, 12:26pm   #4
DesignerElla
Too Addicted
OK. This is what I thought, but perhaps there could be an underlying wonderment/judgement from a more jerky SA. I could imagine that, but from what I am reading I don't see that makes the list even if one employee got an opinion.

Also it seems I'm just not wealthy enough to meet the purchasing criteria, lol. Maybe I'm "lucky" that a Coach bag is still a splurge for me instead of my billionaire dreams ;-). JK. I don't fit the apparent buying patterns, and I usually hate making returns so I make sure about a bag in the first place.
Jan 31, 2011, 1:43pm   #5
INDRIDCOLD
I wondered this same thing as i have one as well and use it alot for everyyday things.
Jan 31, 2011, 3:15pm   #6
lynzbyz
There are a lot of reasons for people to carry a PayPal card. You might have your own online business and accept PP? You might sell on Etsy? The list goes on and on.

I think you're fine using it.
Jan 31, 2011, 3:37pm   #7
katierose
Loves Charms & Bags
OK. This is what I thought, but perhaps there could be an underlying wonderment/judgement from a more jerky SA. I could imagine that, but from what I am reading I don't see that makes the list even if one employee got an opinion.

I pretty much agree with what the others have said.
But, I do think it's the SAs and the managers who are reporting customers for being suspected resellers (no matter if they deny it) so if you think your card has been noticed and you have another card you can use, maybe you can switch cards now and then? I know a Paypal card would bring "ebay seller" to mind if I was an SA at Coach, but maybe that's just me, LOL.
Jan 31, 2011, 4:07pm   #8
tannedsilk
Originally Posted by katierose

I pretty much agree with what the others have said.
But, I do think it's the SAs and the managers who are reporting customers for being suspected resellers (no matter if they deny it) so if you think your card has been noticed and you have another card you can use, maybe you can switch cards now and then? I know a Paypal card would bring "ebay seller" to mind if I was an SA at Coach, but maybe that's just me, LOL.
True, they are supposed to.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >