Home > >

WOHOOOO!!! Received my FIRST pair of CL for Xmas :D

POST A REPLY

Jan 2, 2014, 3:13pm   #1
s2kgurl
I am so EXCITED to finally own my first pair of CL!!!

I unfortunately have wide feet, so almost 90% of CL don't fit me due to my wide feet. I finally found a pair that wasn't too narrow where my feet wasn't hurting by just trying them on at the store. I hope I can find more pairs that fit like this!

Long story made short... I saw these shoes online @ Saks & NM a few months ago, but never got around to ever trying them on at the store. I just LOVED the design so much, but couldn't quite justify the price if they were too narrow & didn't fit right.
Well as I was Xmas shopping at the mall, I found them a pair at Nordstroms! So of course I asked the salesperson for my size & he came back with some bad news saying that the display model was actually the LAST pair in the entire company :( The displays were a 38 & I needed a 39 or 39.5. As I mentioned, I love this design so much- I decide to squeeze my foot into them lol. They didn't zip up, but at least I got to try it on & take some pics with my wearing them in the store hehe.

Here are the pics I took of the shoes in the store-

I was devastated Nords didn't have any size but this last pair left in their entire inventory. I then remembered there was a NM at the particular mall I was at & rushed over there to see if they had them & as my bad luck streak extended, they didn't have them at all in any sizes left. They said the shoe sold out quickly when it was released & here I am trying to find them a month & a half later.

I'm not going to lie, I went home pouted like crazy to my fiancee about not jumping on the chance to get them when they first came out & now they are completely out of stock everywhere- even online. I was really beating myself up about & my fiancee just didn't understand b/c he thought they are just shoes & that another pair I'd like would come along soon etc... BUT I felt like I missed out on my HG shoes you know? I've always thought CL always made GORGEOUS shoes, but these really stood out to me- another level of sexy-ness
I literally would talk about these shoes everyday since I saw them in person & at that point, my fiancee knew I was really passionate about shoes b/c I have never brought up or spoke so much about any pairs of shoes I saw before.

At first my fiancee joked & said it's a good thing I missed out on them b/c I told him the price tag of the shoes lol. But then he said these shoes really did look like my style & he could totally seeing me wear them etc... He actually was sad seeing me bummed out so much over a shoe. He tried cheering me up saying he'll buy me a new handbag or something, but I didn't want anything else but those shoes. I have tons & tons of handbags already, and no special designer shoes really. I wanted my first pairs of CL to be unique & rememberable you know? I could go out & buy any one of those classic styles any day, but these were one of those type of shoes that were different & unique IMO.

So a week went by after my encounter with these fab shoes & it was Xmas now.... I don't know how my fiancee did it, but he found me a pair!!! When I unwrapped my present, I said the CL box... I honestly was thinking- "great, he got me a pair of CL that prolly don't fit me" b/c like I said, my feet are wide & I'm kinda all over in sizing when I try on CL shoes. Before I even opened the box, I told him- "I hope you kept the receipt b/c I'm anywhere from a 39-40 in CL shoes. He said just open it geez! LOL. As I opened the box, my eyes lit up & I was just so surprised, amazed & HAPPY!!! They were my HG shoes! He said he was able to find 1 pair out of all the places he searched around & they happen to be a 39. I honestly wasn't even sure these would fit me b/c as I mentioned, I'm all over the place in CL shoes, so I didn't get too excited b/c I was thinking these might run small. I tried them on & they fit like a GLOVE!!! I was one happy girl on Xmas

Sorry to have dragged this post on for so long, but just wanted to share my excitement regarding my first pairs of CL & the hunt my fiancee went on to get them for me
Last edited Jan 2, 2014 at 4:02pm.
Jan 2, 2014, 3:15pm   #2
s2kgurl
Duh! Completely forgot to post some mod shots of the shoes at home with me now

Thanks again for letting me share these pics & story ladies
Jan 2, 2014, 3:30pm   #3
BoriquaNina
♥ Loves To Strass ♥
Congratulations!!! It was meant to be and sounds like you have a keeper (the shoes and the fiance)!
Welcome to the addiction!
Jan 2, 2014, 3:42pm   #4
LolasCloset
Congratulations! They look awesome on you, and what a lovely, sweet fiancé you have!
Jan 2, 2014, 3:44pm   #5
DariaD
beautiful, congrats!

and special thanks for sharing your story — I just LOVE reveals with stories :)
Jan 2, 2014, 4:47pm   #6
s2kgurl
Originally Posted by BoriquaNina
Congratulations!!! It was meant to be and sounds like you have a keeper (the shoes and the fiance)!
Welcome to the addiction!
Thank you BoriquaNina! Haha, I was thinking the same- as silly as it sounds- it was truly meant to be
It's wonderful to be a part of the CL club now- thanks for the warm welcome
Jan 2, 2014, 4:48pm   #7
s2kgurl
Originally Posted by LolasCloset
Congratulations! They look awesome on you, and what a lovely, sweet fiancé you have!
Thanks LolasCloset! I really adore them & can't take my eyes off them
Jan 2, 2014, 4:52pm   #8
s2kgurl
Originally Posted by DariaD
beautiful, congrats!

and special thanks for sharing your story — I just LOVE reveals with stories :)
Thank you DariaD!

That's too COOL that people enjoy hearing stories involved with reveals. I honestly was contemplating whether I should break down the whole store or not. I was just going to upload pics, but then I thought maybe people would like hearing the story behind these shoes hehe
Mar 10, 2014, 12:08am   #9
Blackladybug75
Soles of Red Divas
Great story and congrats!!!
Mar 10, 2014, 12:30am   #10
M
MyLuxuryDiary
Congrats:) !!!
Mar 10, 2014, 7:47am   #11
S
ShoesNBagsGirl
Aww that's such a sweet story! Congratulations on your shoes they're gorgeous!
Mar 10, 2014, 6:28pm   #12
beagly911
Congrats! Glad you got your HG!! I love to hear the stories behind the shoes!!
Mar 11, 2014, 12:46am   #13
DRJones616
Originally Posted by beagly911
congrats! Glad you got your hg!! I love to hear the stories behind the shoes!!
+1
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >