Home Shoes, Shoes, Shoes Christian Louboutin

The New CL * DIY * Thread!

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Feb 26, 2013, 9:19am   #6856
Quick question... Where do you ladies get the syringe for the glue? I'm going to switch to E6000 to strass my tiffany blue wedding shoes, and I've heard using a syringe is best for E6000. TIA!
Feb 26, 2013, 8:35pm   #6857
what next.....
eBay or crystal rhinestone boutique u can use a toothpick as well.
Feb 26, 2013, 10:20pm   #6858
Originally Posted by lv&me

Hello ladies, I need help and opinion from you wonderful ladies here.

I have observe the threads here and deciding to go ahead and strass my very prive which I hardly worn (wore it once!), my husband bought the pair thinking I would love it but I actually prefered the patent compared to the leather,hence I hardly them out!

After done a few research, I am thinking to get crystal katana tool to help my strassing job, I am a very clumsy person and worried about using tweezer! you know what I mean.. I found the demo in youtube and I think it will make strassing job easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=9XOn-7_FmHs

My questions is :

1. I am wondering what crystals colour would look nice with the nude leather?

2. May I know which crystals element should I get? 2028 or 2058? Im a bit confused with the difference.

3. I am thinking to get 5 different size of the crystal, do you ladies think its enough to cover the shoe?
ss5 - pack of 1440 x 2
ss7 - pack of 1440 x 2
ss9 - pack of 1440 x 1
ss 12 - pack of 100 x 5
ss 16 - pack of 100 x 4

Thanks ladies!!
1 Silk is matching with nude the best. But you can also look into light peach.

2 2058 is newer than 2028. More pointy. Both are fine. I'd get the same for all sizes

3 you will need some 20ss as well. 2 gr maybe. I'd get more 12ss also. Depending on your size. 20 gr 5ss is a lot.
Feb 27, 2013, 5:48am   #6859
Originally Posted by lv&me
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/199/img7959.JPG/

Hello ladies, I need help and opinion from you wonderful ladies here.

I have observe the threads here and deciding to go ahead and strass my very prive which I hardly worn (wore it once!), my husband bought the pair thinking I would love it but I actually prefered the patent compared to the leather,hence I hardly them out!

After done a few research, I am thinking to get crystal katana tool to help my strassing job, I am a very clumsy person and worried about using tweezer! you know what I mean.. I found the demo in youtube and I think it will make strassing job easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=9XOn-7_FmHs

My questions is :

1. I am wondering what crystals colour would look nice with the nude leather?

2. May I know which crystals element should I get? 2028 or 2058? Im a bit confused with the difference.

3. I am thinking to get 5 different size of the crystal, do you ladies think its enough to cover the shoe?
ss5 - pack of 1440 x 2
ss7 - pack of 1440 x 2
ss9 - pack of 1440 x 1
ss 12 - pack of 100 x 5
ss 16 - pack of 100 x 4

Thanks ladies!!
With regards to the crystal tool, I have something very similar but much cheaper, its a nail pencil thing. I got two of them on eBay for £1, They are called rhinestone picker pencils, Nail techs often use them if they are glueing rhinestones to nails. I used them to strass my bag and shoes and it worked extremely well
Feb 27, 2013, 9:54am   #6860
Originally Posted by vuittonamour
hi ladies, i just wanted to share four professional images of my wedding shoes that i strassed myself :) the shoes in the first image were my "back ups" -- they were half a size bigger and i switched to them for the reception for comfort reasons. it would have been better to listen to my instincts to order my customs in the size i thought rather than listening to the sales rep at the store, but oh well

hope you enjoy
wonderful ... I also love the lace on your dress :-)
Feb 27, 2013, 6:21pm   #6861
I like to use a toothpick (a very small wooden stick) and wrap same king of rubber-gum around it, creating a pointy stick tool. This special rubber is used by pencil drawing artists - you will probably get it at art supply and is cheap. :-)
Feb 27, 2013, 6:28pm   #6862
Superwoman!
This is my first CL DIY!!

I bought a pair of Decolette Patent Pumps in a colour called 'camel jazz,' which turned out to be a really horrible colour on me (and frankly, most people I know!). The colour was unwearable but the shoe was exceptionally comfortable, so they wound up sitting around unworn for quite awhile. Finally, a few weeks ago, I decided to unleash my ballsy artist and attacked them with some red and black Sharpies. I know, total sacrilege, but these are now my absolute favourite shoes, so it all worked out!
Attached Images

Feb 27, 2013, 6:30pm   #6863
NYC - CAIRO - DUBAI
Originally Posted by Girl X

I bought a pair of Decolette Patent Pumps in a colour called 'camel jazz,' which turned out to be a really horrible colour on me (and frankly, most people I know!). The colour was unwearable but the shoe was exceptionally comfortable, so they wound up sitting around unworn for quite awhile. Finally, a few weeks ago, I decided to unleash my ballsy artist and attacked them with some red and black Sharpies. I know, total sacrilege, but these are now my absolute favourite shoes, so it all worked out!
OMG I thought you were showing before pics they looked so professionally done!! I love it, extremely creative. I think it's a hit
Feb 27, 2013, 7:35pm   #6864

These are so beautiful ! Did you apply a coating of something to make sure the sharpie doesn't fade or anything?
Feb 27, 2013, 7:48pm   #6865
boo!

fabulous work! I think they're beautiful now.
Feb 27, 2013, 7:52pm   #6866

Those are SO cool! You did an awesome job, and they are one of a kind!
Feb 27, 2013, 8:15pm   #6867

wow!!! What an amazing transformation! I can't believe you did that with just sharpies. Great job!
Feb 27, 2013, 8:28pm   #6868
Flap Happy

I saw the before pic and instantly thought: OMG, don't strass over those.. they are fantastic!

Fantastic job indeed!
Feb 27, 2013, 8:39pm   #6869
Originally Posted by vuittonamour
hi ladies, i just wanted to share four professional images of my wedding shoes that i strassed myself :) the shoes in the first image were my "back ups" -- they were half a size bigger and i switched to them for the reception for comfort reasons. it would have been better to listen to my instincts to order my customs in the size i thought rather than listening to the sales rep at the store, but oh well

hope you enjoy
Congrats on the wedding! Your shoes look amazing!!

Originally Posted by Oakenfoldgodess
Hey girls I'm posting from my phone. The pic quality isn't the best. But I bought this fuchsia Pigalle clutch and strassed the shoe in Volcano. I LOVEeee this bag!!!

Attachment 2077336

Attachment 2077339
Love your work!!! You've transformed the clutch into something completely different!

Originally Posted by dirtyaddiction
Back to shoes, yes?

Just wanted to share a couple pics of a pair of Armadillo Brides I strassed in Volcano Swarovski rhinestones. I chose to use Volcano on these because I felt that the gold in the rhinestones would tie in well with the heel, sides and toe.

http://imageshack.us/a/img213/9827/img7249r.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img29/3364/img7281x.jpg
Stunning! Volcano is the perfect match for those Armadillo Brides and I feel exactly the same way about the gold tips! I did a pair of Lady Claudes in volcano and gold leafed the tips for this very reason
Feb 27, 2013, 9:14pm   #6870
Originally Posted by loveglitzer
I like to use a toothpick (a very small wooden stick) and wrap same king of rubber-gum around it, creating a pointy stick tool. This special rubber is used by pencil drawing artists - you will probably get it at art supply and is cheap. :-)
I do this too with blutac

media1.rsdelivers.cataloguesolutions.com/LargeProductImages/C342450-63.jpg
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME Shoes, Shoes, Shoes Christian Louboutin