Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

The New CL * DIY * Thread!

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Aug 4, 2012, 5:09pm   #5596
loveglitzer
Originally Posted by dirtyaddiction
Just wanted to share some pics of a pair of Very Prive's I ring strassed. Love the look of ring strass but it's a to work with because it only comes in three sizes! Filling in the gaps was a little challenging.

What a great work - with only three sizes - the gold adds something special. To me this shoe looks really grown up, timeless elegant. Thank you
Aug 4, 2012, 5:11pm   #5597
Popsicool
Shoeholic
Originally Posted by DariaD
I decided to go with Lumiere Hi Light Violet paint and it seems to work perfectly!
it gave the shoe nice base for strassing and pearly lilac tint, without totally taking away white color of the shoe. Really hard to capture on camera, but looks amazing IRL.
Really great choice! Looking forward to progress photos.
Aug 4, 2012, 5:12pm   #5598
loveglitzer
I used my own glue :) Not a fan of hotfix
Did you really peel off the hotfix-glue? I glue it right that way ... help
Aug 4, 2012, 6:59pm   #5599
fumi
Just wanted to share some pics of a pair of Very Prive's I ring strassed. Love the look of ring strass but it's a to work with because it only comes in three sizes! Filling in the gaps was a little challenging.

Wow! This looks way better than the ring strass VPs sold by Louboutin.
Aug 4, 2012, 7:00pm   #5600
dirtyaddiction
Originally Posted by loveglitzer
Did you really peel off the hotfix-glue? I glue it right that way ... help
no no no, I didn't remove the hotfix glue
Aug 4, 2012, 9:14pm   #5601
anniethecat
Love my ladybug

These are beautiful! Great job!!!
Aug 4, 2012, 10:24pm   #5602
dirtyaddiction
Originally Posted by fumi
Wow! This looks way better than the ring strass VPs sold by Louboutin.
Originally Posted by anniethecat
These are beautiful! Great job!!!

thank youuu!
Aug 5, 2012, 3:47am   #5603
kisenian
Originally Posted by AEGIS
this is funny to me bc i have been searching for rolando's in the brown colorway.

love the meridian blue though! that will be my first DIY
so funny!! the meridian blue is definitely worth it! it's a stunner!
Aug 5, 2012, 7:30am   #5604
evanescent

That's amazing! Definitely better than CL ring strass!

Originally Posted by DariaD
I decided to go with Lumiere Hi Light Violet paint and it seems to work perfectly!
it gave the shoe nice base for strassing and pearly lilac tint, without totally taking away white color of the shoe. Really hard to capture on camera, but looks amazing IRL.
Gorgeous! Please post pics when you're done, I would love to see how the crystals look with the base colour
Aug 5, 2012, 10:12am   #5605
anniethecat
Love my ladybug

What color did these start as?
Aug 5, 2012, 12:58pm   #5606
dirtyaddiction
Originally Posted by evanescent
That's amazing! Definitely better than CL ring strass!

Gorgeous! Please post pics when you're done, I would love to see how the crystals look with the base colour
Thanks! I packed on the rhinestones lol

Originally Posted by anniethecat
What color did these start as?
Gold, I painted the base silvery/white though so it'd match the CL version
Aug 5, 2012, 2:36pm   #5607
H
HelenOfTroy45
Hello everyone!

I won a brand new Bridget, and when the seller was about to ship em out, he found out his dog had destroyed em chewing the heck outta em. Ugh!
He is sending them out to the cobbler and is going to relist again on the Bay. (dunno how realistic that is)

Is there any way to strass the pony hair in the heel area as well as the platform bit? Im assuming even if the cobbler were able to fix them as much as possible, the damage would be very noticeable so thought when/if I buy them, the only solution to make them somewhat nice is by strassing them.

Would you kindly give me some pointers as to how I can strass pony hair please?

Also do you think strassing would be a good way and in what color crystals?

Thank you so much!!!
Aug 5, 2012, 2:46pm   #5608
a
anemonerose
Does anyone know what stone Louboutin uses on his new nude strass?
Aug 5, 2012, 6:55pm   #5609
loveglitzer
I just had a look here ... but havenīt found them. I remember seeing a pair of nude strassed pumps at theresa in munich which were strassed with ringstrass in crystal clear. Did you mean those? A picture would help, too? so far I am not a big help at all, but you at least know now that there will be an answer by others soon
Aug 5, 2012, 7:06pm   #5610
loveglitzer
I am not a friend of yellow and even donīt fall for gold ... so what a surprise I totally fell head over heels for "Jonquil" ... but not at first, the more I strassed the more I loved it.

This Box-Clutch is 6x3x2 inch and was black in the beginning. I painted it champagne (6 coats!) and strassed it with Preciosa "Jonquil" using ss16,12,10,8 ... as I was able to get on sale. I wasnīt so happy that the 12 and the 8 came out pale but couldnīt help and strassed it anyway. The result is really nice and I totally love this box-clutch. ... But I still havenīt had time to make nice pictures, so my DH just made some shots to let you see
Attached Images

Last edited Aug 5, 2012 at 7:08pm. Reason: In real life ... Jonquil is much more YELLOW-GOLDEN ... pictures donīt do them justize at all
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >