Home Shoes, Shoes, Shoes Christian Louboutin

The Lazy Gal's Way To Stretch The Toe Box!

POST A REPLY

Jul 6, 2008, 4:55pm   #16
Originally Posted by Stinas
I hear if you soak the sock in alcohol it works as well.
Wait! So, how do you do this? You soak the sock in alcohol and leave the wet sock in the shoe? Wouldn't that damage the shoe?
Jul 6, 2008, 5:25pm   #17
Soak the sock, put it on and wear it or roll it in a ball and leave it in the shoe. It will not ruin the shoe...it actually dries pretty fast.
Jul 6, 2008, 5:48pm   #18
^I'm going to give it a try! I have a pair of satin d'orsays that are too tight in the toe box. (should have gone a half size up) Thanks Stinas!
Jul 6, 2008, 6:01pm   #19
^^Anytime!
Wear them while you surf the web or in the house....then soak again & leave overnight.
Jul 6, 2008, 6:21pm   #20
I
I'd be a bit careful with satin if you use the alcohol (or even tap water) trick!
Jul 6, 2008, 7:27pm   #21
Thanks for all of the tips! I'm going to try the sock stuffing for a few days before I do the sock & wear trick next time!

I use this stuff.
Attached Images

Jul 6, 2008, 7:59pm   #22
Podiums? Mine.
Originally Posted by cjy
Well, now wait. Maybe if you give your CL's enough to drink, they will do whatever you want them to do.

This very thing worked for me just last night!!

Great tips, everyone! I'm going to try the soak/stuff with my decolletes.
Jul 6, 2008, 8:46pm   #23
why alcohol? what does that do? and what kind of alcohol? pure alcohol from the lab or like vodka?
Jul 6, 2008, 8:52pm   #24
cjy
Originally Posted by lovely&amazing

This very thing worked for me just last night!!

Great tips, everyone! I'm going to try the soak/stuff with my decolletes.
That was my train of thought as well when I posted this!!!!
Jul 6, 2008, 8:53pm   #25
cjy
Originally Posted by redandgreen
why alcohol? what does that do? and what kind of alcohol? pure alcohol from the lab or like vodka?
Rubbing. Vodka may make them get crazy!
I am not sure how it works though, other than kill any germs your shoe may be harboring.
Jul 6, 2008, 8:55pm   #26
I
As much as I love my shoes, I'd rather save the vodka for myself!
That said, you use rubbing alcohol. I don't know why it works, but it does. That shoe stretch in a bottle stuff is essentially rubbing alcohol.
Jul 6, 2008, 9:05pm   #27
shoeuphoria
Rubbing alcohol(Isopropyl alcohol).It changes the leather somewhat making it quite maliable, but it will work only on genuine leather.
Jul 6, 2008, 10:23pm   #28
f
I too wondered about 'alcohol'. I thought vodka might be a good choice, since it is odorless. And I'd have very happy shoes and feet.
Jul 6, 2008, 10:31pm   #29
T$
i heard u should only do the alcohol/water trick on leather..no suede, no fabric. anyone used this on these fabrics and it came out ok? i have suede manolo mary janes i would love to use this trick on but i don't wanna damage them!!!
Jul 7, 2008, 9:34pm   #30
eat me
update! last night for the first time i took a qtip and swabbed rubbing alcohol on the inside of the shoe then put my shoe stretcher inside. overnight. tonight they fit amaaaazingly. SO comfortable. im comparing them to the ones i stretched just with a shoe stretcher no alcohol and there is no comparison!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shoes, Shoes, Shoes Christian Louboutin