Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

SHOE PROBLEM? Find your solutions here! The CL STORAGE Chat thread

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 20, 2011, 1:17pm   #136
bellajanie84's Avatar
bellajanie84
Member
Does anyone know if Ikea still carries the Billy Doors with the little handle? All I see online are the push ones...
Jun 21, 2011, 10:44pm   #137
hazeltt's Avatar
hazeltt
Member
This may be a silly question but for those of you who have shoe closets, do you clean the soles every time you wear them out and before you put them back in your closet? It seems like such a hassle to me (I'm really lazy! ).
Jun 22, 2011, 6:57am   #138
CelticLuv's Avatar
CelticLuv
♥ CL Shoe Addict ♥
^ I do not. I make sure there isn't any gunk or gum or heavy residue on the bottom and if there is, I'll remove it first. Other than that I don't clean the sole. I have glass shelves in my shoe-case so I do like to make sure any excess 'stuff' isn't on the bottom of the sole because it can easily be seen.
Jun 22, 2011, 7:07am   #139
ImeldaMarkII's Avatar
ImeldaMarkII
Member
I don't either. Pretty much like Celtic, if they are manky I'd give them a clean otherwise straight on to the shelf.
Jun 22, 2011, 9:35am   #140
ladystara's Avatar
ladystara
Member
How do you ladies keep the inside of the soles so clean?
Jun 24, 2011, 11:45pm   #141
SassySarah's Avatar
SassySarah
CL & LV obsessed!
Wow I might need this, and it's even named after me!



http://www.ballarddesigns.com/webapp...3126&langId=-1
Jun 24, 2011, 11:48pm   #142
FlipDiver's Avatar
FlipDiver
Member
Originally Posted by SassySarah
Wow I might need this, and it's even named after me!



http://www.ballarddesigns.com/webapp...3126&langId=-1
It was made for you
Jun 24, 2011, 11:50pm   #143
FlipDiver's Avatar
FlipDiver
Member
Originally Posted by ladystara
How do you ladies keep the inside of the soles so clean?
I just make sure my feet are clean before putting my shoes on, esp. if I'm changing into them from wearing flip flops outside...
Jun 24, 2011, 11:52pm   #144
SassySarah's Avatar
SassySarah
CL & LV obsessed!
Originally Posted by FlipDiver
It was made for you
That's what i'm thinking! My Ikea case is busting at the seams and I have shoe boxes on top, underneath and to the side. Hmmmm....
Jul 13, 2012, 2:28pm   #145
Pfnille's Avatar
Pfnille
Loving Louboutin
I have this mahogany wood cabinet, lacquered, no windows, not much if any air coming through, and because I ran out of space in my closet, I'm wondering if storing a couple of the shoes in there will hurt them... I'm in doubt if the wood will dry out the leather because one of the pairs is jazz/polished leather.

I know they say to keep them in the dustbags but in my opinion this just doesn't do them right. And I like to look at them when opening the cabinet.
And I definitely don't want to keep them in boxes for same reason as above plus I've been told by a shoemaker that boxes can tend to dry out leather overtime. This had me wondering if wood could have the same effect!

What are your opinions on storing CLs in a wooden cabinet?
Thanks!
Jul 14, 2012, 10:34am   #146
JetSetGo!'s Avatar
Thread Starter
JetSetGo!
JGM ♥ PMG
Originally Posted by Pfnille
I have this mahogany wood cabinet, lacquered, no windows, not much if any air coming through, and because I ran out of space in my closet, I'm wondering if storing a couple of the shoes in there will hurt them... I'm in doubt if the wood will dry out the leather because one of the pairs is jazz/polished leather.

I know they say to keep them in the dustbags but in my opinion this just doesn't do them right. And I like to look at them when opening the cabinet.
And I definitely don't want to keep them in boxes for same reason as above plus I've been told by a shoemaker that boxes can tend to dry out leather overtime. This had me wondering if wood could have the same effect!

What are your opinions on storing CLs in a wooden cabinet?
Thanks!
Generally, items such as shoes and bags are thought to be best in a cool, dry place, and are often shipped with Silica Gel to keep them dry on their journey. I don't think a wood cabinet would be a problem.
Jul 14, 2012, 2:48pm   #147
Pfnille's Avatar
Pfnille
Loving Louboutin
Originally Posted by JetSetGo!
Generally, items such as shoes and bags are thought to be best in a cool, dry place, and are often shipped with Silica Gel to keep them dry on their journey. I don't think a wood cabinet would be a problem.
Thank you very much! I'll store them in my cabinet without fear :)
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools