Home > >

The New CL * DIY * Thread!

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Jun 14, 2012, 7:09pm   #5071
loveglitzer
Originally Posted by Popsicool
I think that's because they're the new 2058 cut as opposed to the 2028. Apparently they're a lot "pointier"!
I do love the 2028 cut but in my country they are sold out in Crystal AB - the 2058 cut really seams to be to pointy and I canīt imagine to touch my shoes - they will not feel good in my hands ... after all - so sad.

I ordered some Preciosa Crystals in Crystal AB - but they have a big platform on top - so I donīt like those at all. They might be nice on a clutch - but not for a shoe IMO.
Jun 14, 2012, 8:48pm   #5072
Oakenfoldgodess
CL Strass Lover
Originally Posted by KSGirl

ModgePodge has a setting medium. It even gives a shiny gloss. Or they have a matte option.

Not sure how it holds up on the vamp and all that. I used glitter craft paint for the pair of heels I glittered.
Thank you!!!
Jun 15, 2012, 2:12am   #5073
KSGirl

OoooOo! Do you have photos?
Here ya go. They were pale pink suede with a ribbon trim. The suede was just TOO dirty to salvage. I was buying paint for my CL project and though, hmm, glitter paint, it's $3, these shoes are already trashed, why not?

I haven't worn then yet, but I do like them! The bows were $4 (for both) at Hobby Lobby.

I like the paint. I think I did 6 or 7 coats? And the glitter doesn't flake off. I have several pairs of glitter Miu Miu, and the glitter flakes off. :(
Attached Images

Jun 15, 2012, 5:21am   #5074
Popsicool
Shoeholic
Originally Posted by KSGirl
Here ya go. They were pale pink suede with a ribbon trim. The suede was just TOO dirty to salvage. I was buying paint for my CL project and though, hmm, glitter paint, it's $3, these shoes are already trashed, why not?

I haven't worn then yet, but I do like them! The bows were $4 (for both) at Hobby Lobby.

I like the paint. I think I did 6 or 7 coats? And the glitter doesn't flake off. I have several pairs of glitter Miu Miu, and the glitter flakes off. :(
I love how that looks!! Thanks for sharing. What kind/brand of glitter paint was it?
Jun 15, 2012, 6:34am   #5075
loveglitzer
Originally Posted by Oakenfoldgodess
Crystal

Attachment 1754013

Crystal AB

Attachment 1754014

HTH
Wow, love your work. Crystal ab looks stunning. What color base did you choose? And I recorgnized, that you paintet the edges of the sole in silver? What brand of color did you use to create that look. - If I embellish my CL with Crystal Ab I will need to do that too, bc mine are black right now, which isnīt nice with the a light color. But Iīm so sared to paint something that would not be crystalled afterwards. I donīt want it to look sloppy or chip of short after wearing them.

Question on Crystal AB - on my color chart - the single crystal ab stone looks golden-orange-pinikish. The orange disturbs me, will it vanish when used a lot of stones?
Jun 15, 2012, 9:46am   #5076
KSGirl

I love how that looks!! Thanks for sharing. What kind/brand of glitter paint was it?
Martha Stewart. I was at Michaels.

No one where I live sells Lumeire. Sooo, as I am impatient, I bought what they had. So far no issues. I've painted several pairs now, even shoes I'm not strassing.
Jun 17, 2012, 6:42pm   #5077
loveglitzer
Hi Ladies - you all did so wonderful jobs on your shoes, that made me strong enough to try myself. So my brown CLīs were painted today with about 8 coats - and I was so scared during paintig bc coat 1 = awful .... coat 4 = it might go into the right direction .... coat 8 = quiet nice, really seams to work !

But than I made a mistake and tried to paint the edges of my soles (which were black - freshly made by my clobber ...). What I didīt know was, that HIS color was going to come off with mine putting on :-(
I nearly paniced - then I tried to put mine down, which did not work - so I had to go to all 8 coatings again ... with the result, that it still doesnīt look good - and by all those coatings and moisture - my sole underneath seemed to be lift off a little at the edges ... but - this hopefully will not be seen after strassing.

so - pic 1 with the black edges - and pic 2 my final result for today!

And I DO HAVE A QUESTION ... I would like to use Gemtac ... will this be possible on the painted shoe? Thanks to all of you!
Attached Images

Last edited Jun 17, 2012 at 6:45pm. Reason: adding a question
Jun 17, 2012, 8:38pm   #5078
bougainvillier
Originally Posted by loveglitzer
Hi Ladies - you all did so wonderful jobs on your shoes, that made me strong enough to try myself. So my brown CLīs were painted today with about 8 coats - and I was so scared during paintig bc coat 1 = awful .... coat 4 = it might go into the right direction .... coat 8 = quiet nice, really seams to work !

But than I made a mistake and tried to paint the edges of my soles (which were black - freshly made by my clobber ...). What I didīt know was, that HIS color was going to come off with mine putting on :-(
I nearly paniced - then I tried to put mine down, which did not work - so I had to go to all 8 coatings again ... with the result, that it still doesnīt look good - and by all those coatings and moisture - my sole underneath seemed to be lift off a little at the edges ... but - this hopefully will not be seen after strassing.

so - pic 1 with the black edges - and pic 2 my final result for today!

And I DO HAVE A QUESTION ... I would like to use Gemtac ... will this be possible on the painted shoe? Thanks to all of you!
They look great!!! The gold looks so rosy!!! Wow 8 coats! I'll be panicking the whole day :) which paint you used? And what kind of material was the original?
Jun 18, 2012, 7:00am   #5079
loveglitzer
Originally Posted by bougainvillier
They look great!!! The gold looks so rosy!!! Wow 8 coats! I'll be panicking the whole day :) which paint you used? And what kind of material was the original?
Thank you so much!

If you go back 1 or 2 pages - you may see the original dark brown suede pumps.

I did use an acrylic color which is called metallic champagne. I bought it in germany, but it is produced in the USA - so I truely believe it must be luminier ... donīt now the brandname ... like.

But still, do you know if I can use Gemtac above it?
Jun 18, 2012, 10:12am   #5080
katran26
Bargain Hunter!
Thank you so much!

I did use an acrylic color which is called metallic champagne. I bought it in germany, but it is produced in the USA - so I truely believe it must be luminier ... donīt now the brandname ... like.

Hi! I think Gemtac would work fine, I've used it on wooden feels and platforms that I painted black and was not a problem whatsoever as it dries clear and is super strong. Good luck!
Jun 18, 2012, 11:30am   #5081
loveglitzer
Originally Posted by katran26
Hi! I think Gemtac would work fine, I've used it on wooden feels and platforms that I painted black and was not a problem whatsoever as it dries clear and is super strong. Good luck!
O.K. - Thank you - this really calms my nerves!
Jun 18, 2012, 11:39am   #5082
bougainvillier
Thank you so much!

I think Gem-Tac will work. I havent started my project on suede strassing yet but I have asked a lot of lovely tPFers here and they confirmed that Lumiere paint + GemTac is way to go for suede
Jun 18, 2012, 1:02pm   #5083
loveglitzer
I think Gem-Tac will work. I havent started my project on suede strassing yet but I have asked a lot of lovely tPFers here and they confirmed that Lumiere paint + GemTac is way to go for suede
Thank you - that would mean Iīm doing o.k. so far! But Iīm still nervous ...
I got an incredible bargain today of Preciosa Crystals in Crystal AB - 10 Gross (1440 pieces) for 8,05 USDollar inkl. Tax - no shipping (but as the price is telling, there is a problem .... all crystals are in ss10)

But - HEY, I will give it a try ... (but Iīm so nervous)
Jun 18, 2012, 1:30pm   #5084
bougainvillier
Thank you - that would mean Iīm doing o.k. so far! But Iīm still nervous ...
I got an incredible bargain today of Preciosa Crystals in Crystal AB - 10 Gross (1440 pieces) for 8,05 USDollar inkl. Tax - no shipping (but as the price is telling, there is a problem .... all crystals are in ss10)

But - HEY, I will give it a try ... (but Iīm so nervous)
Haha. Congrats! So I guess you are doing Crystal AB? I am taking forever to decide the color for my camel patent Elisa.. I dont think I am going to paint them first so that leaves me with less crystal colors but still taking forever!!! I really adore volcano tho. Anyways I will upload pictures soon and ask for people's opinions

Good luck on your project and keep us posted!!
Jun 18, 2012, 2:36pm   #5085
loveglitzer
Haha. Congrats! So I guess you are doing Crystal AB? I am taking forever to decide the color for my camel patent Elisa.. I dont think I am going to paint them first so that leaves me with less crystal colors but still taking forever!!! I really adore volcano tho. Anyways I will upload pictures soon and ask for people's opinions

Good luck on your project and keep us posted!!
YES, I know how you feel ... I was thinking about which color to strass since Oktober 2011 - during that days I even havenīt had a Louboutin :-) .... And last week I was still between Meridian Blue and Crystal AB ... I know itīs quiet the opposite, but both colors seemed to be incredible to me. Meridian Blue has such nice pinkish tones combined with a wonderful blue ... but Crystal AB will make my shoes a "Cinderella Shoe". Well, at the end - the bargain came right in time and I bought so much crystals, that I will do a boxclutch as well :-)

Volcano is really beautiful ... and will look great on camel. What does the Elisa look like, have you got a picture to show?? I think you will use E6000 on the patent, right? Have you used the glue before?
Last edited Jun 18, 2012 at 2:48pm. Reason: was wrong
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >