POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 14, 2012, 11:13pm   #226
d
dallche
Member
I have wide feet too and trying on is a must. In my pegalles I am a 39 but a 39 is way tight in any of the wedges
Jun 15, 2012, 2:08am   #227
amd_tan's Avatar
amd_tan
Member
Originally Posted by Zahzah
Hey I'm looking to purchase some simples I was just wondering whether to go up a size or a half.
The largest part of my feet is just 3 and half inches. ( is that considered wide... Don't worry I won't get offended) :)
Thanks
I think a half size up is sufficient. It runs quite true to size and these will stretch
Jul 18, 2012, 11:05pm   #228
aceofspades's Avatar
aceofspades
Member
Please help!

I first got the Patent Pigalle 100 in 36.5 (my size in most CLs) and was able to squeeze my foot in uncomfortably. So I exchanged them for a 37 and thought that it would be perfect....BUT since my feet are widest at the ball of the feet (4 in!) and because my toes are also a little long, the toe box for the Pigalles are just killer and the shoe hits my 3rd and 4th toes.

I don't really want to exchange for a 37.5 (I'm a US 6 after all and a CL 36.5) because I'm afraid of the toe box problem will be the same. So, should I just take the 37 to a cobbler and have them stretch it length and width wise? I'm worried that the shoe will look distorted or something. Any advice would help, thanks!
Aug 1, 2012, 10:34pm   #229
m
musicscrip
Smiley
Originally Posted by Zahzah
Hey I'm looking to purchase some simples I was just wondering whether to go up a size or a half.
The largest part of my feet is just 3 and half inches. ( is that considered wide... Don't worry I won't get offended) :)
Thanks
My feet is wider than you with a bunion and I take 39 for simples. I would say they run TTS if you are getting the 70mm or 100mm.
Aug 18, 2012, 8:04pm   #230
hermosa_vogue's Avatar
hermosa_vogue
Member
I know this is an older style but does anyone know if Miss Marple is suitable for wide feet? I would assume so just by looking at the shoe but wondering if anyone know?
Aug 18, 2012, 8:17pm   #231
cts900's Avatar
cts900
Deeply In Love
Originally Posted by hermosa_vogue
I know this is an older style but does anyone know if Miss Marple is suitable for wide feet? I would assume so just by looking at the shoe but wondering if anyone know?
Yes, they are. I have a wide ball of foot and love my Miss Marples. This style runs VERY TTS so don't go up. I am a US 8-8.5 and have the MM in a 38.5 and have to use a ball of foot pad and heel grip. They are awesome.
Aug 18, 2012, 8:52pm   #232
LVobsessedNYC's Avatar
LVobsessedNYC
I dream of Hermes
Originally Posted by amd_tan
Ladies with wide feet, did you take your Pigalle Plato 120 TTS or half a size up to accommodate for the narrow toe box?
I am a 38 in the pigalle 100 (have minor heel slippage) and am deciding if I should get the PP120 in 38 or do it a half size up and put a heel grip in..
The PP120 is in patent leather so it will not stretch as much as in nappa leather.. Thoughts??
I got tts
Aug 19, 2012, 6:37am   #233
hermosa_vogue's Avatar
hermosa_vogue
Member
Thanks! Found a pair on ebay in my TTS so that's perfect
Aug 19, 2012, 10:36am   #234
SueGalle's Avatar
SueGalle
Member
Originally Posted by amd_tan
Ladies with wide feet, did you take your Pigalle Plato 120 TTS or half a size up to accommodate for the narrow toe box?
I am a 38 in the pigalle 100 (have minor heel slippage) and am deciding if I should get the PP120 in 38 or do it a half size up and put a heel grip in..
The PP120 is in patent leather so it will not stretch as much as in nappa leather.. Thoughts??
Mine ar TTS (40) and the toe box is tight. You have to just wear them, around the house first, until the tow box changes shape to accommodate your size. The best thing to do is to go and try them on in person, near the end of the day when your feet are their largest. Don't guess with the size because they are all different fit wise. My opinion only
Aug 20, 2012, 3:21pm   #235
H
HelenOfTroy45
Member
Originally Posted by GrRoxy
Does someone know how wide are Maggies? And how much python stretch?
Maggies are very kind to wider feet.

Mine are slightly on the wider side (ummm... how does one determine if the feet are wide?), well definitely not narrow and they are very comfy. I love them so much that I have a few pairs in different colors.

I am a true US6.5 and 37s for Maggies in both 140s and 160s.
Hope this helps!
Aug 20, 2012, 3:37pm   #236
ouija board's Avatar
ouija board
Member
Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy45
Maggies are very kind to wider feet.

Mine are slightly on the wider side (ummm... how does one determine if the feet are wide?), well definitely not narrow and they are very comfy. I love them so much that I have a few pairs in different colors.

I am a true US6.5 and 37s for Maggies in both 140s and 160s.
Hope this helps!
That's good to know. I have only seen them in photos, and just assumed that the toebox was shaped like Rolandos so must fit like Rolandos (which pretty much killed my feet even for 10 min). I might just have to investigate.. So compared to Pigalle 120, how far do you go up in size? I'm a 34.5 in Pigalle 120 and 35.5 in Very Prive. Thanks!
Aug 20, 2012, 3:52pm   #237
H
HelenOfTroy45
Member
Originally Posted by ouija board
That's good to know. I have only seen them in photos, and just assumed that the toebox was shaped like Rolandos so must fit like Rolandos (which pretty much killed my feet even for 10 min). I might just have to investigate.. So compared to Pigalle 120, how far do you go up in size? I'm a 34.5 in Pigalle 120 and 35.5 in Very Prive. Thanks!
I hear you. When I first saw the photos, I thought they would fit like Rolandos too.

I wear 36 for Pigalle 120 and VP 36.5 which I should have gotten a 37, and Maggie 37. You can tell the toe-box is generous just by looking at them before you even try them on.

I sized up to 37.5 for Rolandos and it nearly killed me but they stretched out to the point that I have massive heel slippage after 5-6 wears by the way. I am working on the 37s now. Once they stretch out, they are okay comfy fyi.
Aug 20, 2012, 3:56pm   #238
H
HelenOfTroy45
Member
Originally Posted by ouija board
That's good to know. I have only seen them in photos, and just assumed that the toebox was shaped like Rolandos so must fit like Rolandos (which pretty much killed my feet even for 10 min). I might just have to investigate.. So compared to Pigalle 120, how far do you go up in size? I'm a 34.5 in Pigalle 120 and 35.5 in Very Prive. Thanks!
There is a black astrakan pony skin maggie out there this season.
Very comfortable.
Aug 20, 2012, 4:48pm   #239
ouija board's Avatar
ouija board
Member
Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy45
I hear you. When I first saw the photos, I thought they would fit like Rolandos too.

I wear 36 for Pigalle 120 and VP 36.5 which I should have gotten a 37, and Maggie 37. You can tell the toe-box is generous just by looking at them before you even try them on.

I sized up to 37.5 for Rolandos and it nearly killed me but they stretched out to the point that I have massive heel slippage after 5-6 wears by the way. I am working on the 37s now. Once they stretch out, they are okay comfy fyi.
Thank you!! The black astrakhan ones are the ones I'm eying That's good to know about the Rolandos, too, although I'm not sure my feet can handle the breaking in period.
Aug 20, 2012, 4:50pm   #240
H
HelenOfTroy45
Member
Originally Posted by ouija board
Thank you!! The black astrakhan ones are the ones I'm eying That's good to know about the Rolandos, too, although I'm not sure my feet can handle the breaking in period.
Get yourself a shoe stretcher made for high heels! Makes a world of difference!!!
I have one for heels higher than 100s.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools