Home Premier Designers Chloé

Would you sell your chloe paddington?


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 24, 2012, 8:28pm   #1
k
Thread Starter
Member
Hello ladies! My chloe paddington in Bois was one of my first designer bags that I ever bought, but I have only used it less than 10 times in the few years that I've had it. Now I'm thinking if I should sell it to fund a diff bag that I will (hopefully) use more. I'm thinking about selling it through a consignment shop like yoogis after knowing the horror of selling through evilbay....

I do have some attachment to this bag since it was one of my first high end items...what would you guys do?

A reminder that selling/buying/trading is not permitted here.
Last edited Jun 30, 2012 at 11:38pm.
Jun 24, 2012, 8:55pm   #2
yoyotomatoe's Avatar
Live~Laugh~Love
If you don't use it, sell it!
Jun 30, 2012, 11:06pm   #3
hilaryroxmasox's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by kix55
Hello ladies! My chloe paddington in Bois was one of my first designer bags that I ever bought, but I have only used it less than 10 times in the few years that I've had it. Now I'm thinking if I should sell it to fund a diff bag that I will (hopefully) use more. I'm thinking about selling it through a consignment shop like yoogis after knowing the horror of selling through evilbay....

I do have some attachment to this bag since it was one of my first high end items...what would you guys do?
I've had a couple of paddingtons and I've sold all of them and now I am starting to have seperation anxiety. The paddington is always going to be an iconic bag in my opinion and if it's sentimental to you, I would keep it. BUT at the end of the day, if you're not going to use it and you think you won't regret it, I think you could sell it and get something else Good luck!
Jul 5, 2012, 9:10am   #4
S
Member
I agree. If you dont use it, then best to sell. Or, you could hang onto it for a couple more years and then sell, and pass it off as vintage lol
Aug 12, 2012, 9:13pm   #5
smooglet's Avatar
Member
Hi everyone,

I have a brand new Chloe Paddington that I've never used. It was given to me as a gift from my friend, and I never used it. I just held onto it because it was such a great bag at the time. Now that a few years have passed, and it still just sits in my closet, I was thinking to sell it. I was looking at prices on eBay, and it is going for around 400. When she bought it for me, it was 2k!

Should I just keep it? Or just sell it and get almost nothing of what it retailed for?

Please let me know what you think!!

A reminder that buying/selling/trading is not permitted
Last edited Aug 13, 2012 at 4:46pm.
Aug 12, 2012, 10:46pm   #6
kdo's Avatar
kdo
Let's Go Caps!
If you're not going to use it, there's no sense in keeping it.

Originally Posted by smooglet
Hi everyone,

I have a brand new Chloe Paddington that I've never used. It was given to me as a gift from my friend, and I never used it. I just held onto it because it was such a great bag at the time. Now that a few years have passed, and it still just sits in my closet, I was thinking to sell it. I was looking at prices on eBay, and it is going for around 400. When she bought it for me, it was 2k!

Should I just keep it? Or just sell it and get almost nothing of what it retailed for?

Please let me know what you think!!
Aug 13, 2012, 3:21am   #7
designerdiva40's Avatar
Member
I sold a couple of Paddingtons last year for around a third of what I paid but I wasn't using them so no point in just keeping them but I was sad to let them go for so little..... I personally would sell if you know for sure that are never going to use the bag.
Aug 13, 2012, 7:17am   #8
poporon's Avatar
Member
For me, if I never use it, I will sell it even it only can be sold for little money.
Aug 13, 2012, 7:39am   #9
namie's Avatar
Member
Sad to say it is very true. That's the reason I stopped buying Chloe. My sold my Betty for a mere GBP50 (USD78). The highest price some of my non-used Chloe was at GBP200.
Aug 13, 2012, 8:31am   #10
Onebagtoomany's Avatar
Member
I had the same thing with my Paddington last year - I had obviously already bought it overpriced at UK £450 (preloved in excellent condition) and sold it a few months later for £200! It was a lovely bag but I just found it too heavy to use. I would still sell yours though if you don't use it, recouping some of the cost is better than nothing and you could put the funds towards another purchase.
Aug 13, 2012, 8:37am   #11
Onebagtoomany's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by namie
Sad to say it is very true. That's the reason I stopped buying Chloe. My sold my Betty for a mere GBP50 (USD78). The highest price some of my non-used Chloe was at GBP200.
I think it is true for the less popular styles or former 'It' bags that are no longer so fashionable like the Paddington, but other Chloe bags like the Paraty and Marcie hold value very well secondhand. Obviously you are never going to get very close to what you paid unless the bag is Chanel or Hermes (and some LV), but I don't think selling prices for preloved Chloe bags are too bad compared to some other makes like Gucci or Prada. I love Prada but that is why I only have one bag by them (which I would never sell), as I know I will only get back a fraction of what I paid.
Aug 13, 2012, 9:02am   #12
lofty's Avatar
Member
Yes I think the paraty and marcie resale values are pretty decent. I am new to Chloe and have been hunting down a marcie for sometime. I started looking at pre-loved ones but realized that if I top up a little more I could get a brand new one instead.
Aug 13, 2012, 9:15am   #13
namie's Avatar
Member
It also depends very much on where you are. Where I am, Chloe is so unwanted. For Sally (EUC), people are asking for SGD500 (USD400). My sister puts up her large Marcie in nut for sale at SGD1000 - no scratch, no scuff. It went unsold for a year. In the end, she decided to keep it for herself.

Not just Chloe. Even Lady Dior has few takers. My classic red Lady Dior was sold at a song (SGD1500) when I bought it at SGD4,300. Buyers told me LD has no resale value though it is an expensive bag.
Last edited Aug 13, 2012 at 9:20am.
Aug 13, 2012, 12:28pm   #14
llson's Avatar
Member
Don't think it's so much the designer, Chloe, Dior, etc., as the economy. For years I turn my bags over and purge my closets on e-bay and the last couple of years it's hardly worth selling them, the market is not great for luxury bags. Even the stores are changing their inventories, carrying more of the designer rather than premier designer, and keeping the inventory low in the premier designer. Previously, if I purchased a bag and decided I didn't like it, etc., I could sell it on E-bay for at least what I had paid or close to it, now, I think before I purchase, needs to be a keeper because the resell is not great on most designer bags.
Aug 13, 2012, 12:53pm   #15
papertiger's Avatar
Member
^ I agree, there are just too many people selling off their pre-loved bags no matter what brand. I also think that when the Paddy was new it looked quite big, now next to contemporary bags it looks medium, big and small bags are in fashion but mediums not so much.

I am keeping my Paddy (and my huge Bay) My Paddy's all-black (front pocket) so not quite such a statement as the earlier versions. I love it, I drooled over all the ladies with theirs when I was a student. I finally bought one, Im not going to give it away for nothing now I actually have it. Weight is an issue (in both Chloes) .

I'll be happy when the Paddington revival comes around
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Chloé  
TOP

Thread Tools