Home Premier Designers Chloé

My new Whiskey-ish Silverado Tote (pics)

POST A REPLY

Jul 15, 2006, 9:36am   #1
Never thought in a million years I'd buy a silverado, but something came over me yesterday and I came home with . . . (can I just say how much I the leather AND the color??).

This leather is sooooo different. I put a drop of water on it and it just absorbed it like a sponge. Any tips on protecting her??? I would imagine that with this color any marks would only complement it, but still, I think it needs something.
Last edited Aug 11, 2006 at 1:15am.
Jul 15, 2006, 9:38am   #2
Oh, one more question -- does anyone know what type of leather this is?? I'm almost thinking Goat, but I just dont know.
Jul 15, 2006, 9:50am   #3
G
That's a gorgeous color and just perfect for the Silverado style. No wonder you could not resist. I love the tote style too! Congratulations! (ooh,, I don't know what kind of leather it is but it looks very, very soft and fabulous)
Jul 15, 2006, 11:54am   #4
g
It's gorgeous. I really like that style!
Jul 15, 2006, 2:00pm   #5
tod
I have a Silverado tote in Olive, (slightly different from yours but also called the tote) made of Buffalo leather so i'm guessing yours is made of the same? Congratulations, love the style and the leather on these bags are gorgeous!
Jul 15, 2006, 2:40pm   #6
R
Rai
I agree with tod, it looks like buffalo leather to me too. I have no idea what to treat the leather with

Rai
Jul 15, 2006, 4:51pm   #7
tod
I used AP to treat some scuffs on the handles and straps and it worked but caused these areas to darken slightly.
Jul 15, 2006, 8:18pm   #8
n
congrats! and i agree, i think it is buffalo...
Jul 15, 2006, 8:37pm   #9
Yup, buffalo. It's very thick and durable. And it's great to have you back mammab!

I didn't protect my chocolate tote and it has held up fine. I used to have the old tan color and AG darkened the areas I used it on, so just leave it alone.

Congrats! The Silverado is a very unique bag!!
Jul 15, 2006, 8:52pm   #10
jag
It is gorgeous! I just love the Silverado in Whiskey. So rich and beautiful!! Congratulations!
Jul 15, 2006, 9:20pm   #11
jag, roey, nycmom, tod, rai, girliegirl, Goldensx5....Thank you !

Appleguard, that stuff has conditioners in it doens't it? I can see how it would darken this bag.

Roey -
sweets! Thank you for the warm welcome. Yeah, it's funny, I've been away for a while trying to be a good girl and haven't purchased a new bag in a loooooong time. Even DH and DD mentioned, "woah? we haven't seen you with any new bags....." Well, I'm back.....I couldn't stay away much longer. IT's funny, y'all are like family to me in a sense. So familar and warm!

Nycmom --
I was soooo thinking about you and way back when re: the black chloe tote. Do you still have it??? This is a very different style but I love both....I think the one you have/had (?) has the super soft lambskin, am I right???
Jul 15, 2006, 9:21pm   #12
OT -- is janyoung on here?? I've been thinking about her and her brother, I just got back from Ohio a few weeks ago and she was on my mind as we drove by the Cleveland Clinic.
Jul 15, 2006, 11:09pm   #13
that's so chic!
Jul 16, 2006, 8:38am   #14
n
mine is buffalo too and i love the style you have, the inside pocket design is so great for staying organized, especially helpful with the kiddos! i have also been thinking about janyoung and her family...
Jul 16, 2006, 11:36am   #15
Congrats!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Chloé