Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Marcie vs. Paraty. Challenge! And the winner is...

POST A REPLY

May 23, 2012, 4:07am   #136
c
cheryl_c
Originally Posted by Loveknots
Hey, I'm newbie here. I'm considering to get a medium Paraty as my work bag to replace my balenciaga which is way toooooo delicate.... :(
So I wanna ask here tat if this bag is durable enough and would it get dirty easily if I get the CinNamon color?
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/181633

Sorry for hijacking this post. I can post a new thread as I'm new :)
Hi, I am getting myself a medium black Paraty and had bought myself a small Marcie in tan, spacious enough to keep my daily work essentials.

I dont think it would get that dirty in tan, wood colours unlike the light colours in dove.. It should be a safe colour. My personal opinions.
May 25, 2012, 11:30am   #137
L
Loveknots
Thanks so much for the info! I will get myself one soon!!
Jul 18, 2012, 1:21pm   #138
k
kyuis2004
Originally Posted by Loveknots
Hey, I'm newbie here. I'm considering to get a medium Paraty as my work bag to replace my balenciaga which is way toooooo delicate.... :(
So I wanna ask here tat if this bag is durable enough and would it get dirty easily if I get the CinNamon color?
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/181633

Sorry for hijacking this post. I can post a new thread as I'm new :)
when u say you wana use it as work bag...do you mean that you gonna carry it a lot with heavy stuff or just as daily use. if its daily use i think it will b not problem for sure. the bag leather and sewing is very durable. hope this answers ur question
Jul 19, 2012, 10:28pm   #139
Renabean
Modern Cinderella
Originally Posted by REREsaurus
My dear friend asked for a fair assessment of both the Marcie vs. Paraty. Its a war, I tell you!

Just got both bags, and have been buying bags long enough to know what I like when I like, and what will eventually bother me about a particular bag. So here it goes. (And let me say again, how very awesome both bags are. I'm keeping both and I don't care of all [ok, most...] my bags turn into either a Marcie or Paraty.)

Hardware: The hw on the Marcie is this brushed gold, so even the warmer hues of the gold hw look somewhat muted. So cool, so classy without screaming for attention. Compared to that of the Paraty which has the shiny, bright gold hw. Since all I ever wear is silver and white gold jewelery, I much prefer the hw of the Marcie.

Handles (so important!): The handles of the Paraty are easier for me to carry because they're flat. Unlike that of the rolled handles of the Marcie which make for a "big grab." I would say the rolled handles are even a little bit too big, if even by a few centimeters. Also, I don't know who else has this issue but me, but the Marcie handles don't stay put on my shoulders without some fussing. And even though, the front one usually falls off at some point. The Paraty's handles' drop is too short for me to wear on the shoulder. But that's fine - there's a strap!

Shoulder strap: Duh! The obvious win here is the Paraty. And the newer Paraty's have that flattened piece in the center which is supposed to allow for easier wearing; but doesn't. Not for me anyways. Still, if I get the Paraty on a good way - it stays.

The opening of both bags are slightly too small for me cause I'm used to huge openings with Balenciaga. But it helps with the Marcie that the zipper comes completely off at one end, meaning it doesn’t have to cinch closed like you think it would. (I only just discovered this today when it popped off and I thought it broke. Taking a closer look, this design is genius). The zipper slides all the way off and you can leave it hanging on just one end. I’ve found with the Paraty, leaving the two sets of side clasps open makes the make smooshier and slightly bigger, meaning easier to get in and out of. So there are ways around the smaller openings for both bags.

Interior of both bags are really nice! Luxurious, even, when compared to Balenciaga (my ex-handbag obsession). Marcie wins b/c the inside of Ash is this lovely green khaki color that compliments the bag very well. Its like a nice surprise when I reach inside my bag. Like: oh! So pretty in here! I don’t use the outside pocket under the flap of Marcie, b/c lets face it – its difficult to reach. But besides that, Marcie has TWO inside pockets (one on each side) which I MUCH prefer to that of the Paraty which only has ONE pocket anywhere.

The outside seams/corners of the Marcie are like that of the Proenza Schoulder PS1. Kinda smashed together and then sewn together and finished with sealant. The seams/corners of the Paraty are sewn inwards and completely “finished.” And I much like finished corners/seams of the Paraty better since there’s less chance for splitting, kwim? But I can see why the Marcie HAD to have open seams, to get the shape of the horseshoe.

Whoa! Look at that! All this time typing and not enough pictures. Sorry for the rant, but hopefully this can help some of you who are deciding between the two...

Bottom-line: GET BOTH.
This is an amazing post! I was literally trying to decide between the two today and you have given me all the details that i need to decide. Hopefully I will have a reveal soon!
Jul 24, 2012, 12:15am   #140
ChloeClad
Aww geez. I just got the Marcie last week... LOVE it...but I am still pining for a black Paraty!!! Nice to have enablers on here bc my husband and friends think I am insane for collecting my darling Chloe bags. Thanks for sharing the enthusiasm, everyone!!!
Aug 2, 2012, 10:33am   #141
c
cheryl_c
Cool! How many Chloe bags have you collected *bought? Hehe
Aug 2, 2012, 11:24am   #142
C
Crazy4Handbags
Broccoli, yum!
Thanks everyone - I'm loving Chloe totally and completely. So much so that I bought another medium Paraty, this time in Rock. Chloe sure does seem to get their neutrals right? Rock is similar to Ash, but Ash is more taupe. Rock is slightly more gray. Keeping both. Forever.

Rock Paraty in Medium:

Comparo pics of Ash and Rock together; and then my fabulous Chloe family (Ash, Rock, Light Tan):

Hi Rere, I know this is an older thread but was wondering if you still have your Rock Paraty. I've seen so many pictures of Rock but yours is exactly the color I've been hoping for in a grey bag. I ordered one from hgbagsonline last night and am crossing my fingers! Could you tell me if your Rock has changed color at all since your purchase?
Aug 4, 2012, 11:08pm   #143
l
louis the 3rd
Hi everyone!
I LOOOOVE the look of these bags, but which one would you recommend for someone with a baby? Durability is a factor these days!
Thanks!
Aug 4, 2012, 11:40pm   #144
l
louis the 3rd
PS-- You guys are really making me want a Chloe! LOVE all the pics!
Aug 5, 2012, 2:43pm   #145
d
dododoit
God, I want a paraty sooooooo bad.....
Aug 5, 2012, 2:59pm   #146
luvprada
Originally Posted by louis the 3rd
Hi everyone!
I LOOOOVE the look of these bags, but which one would you recommend for someone with a baby? Durability is a factor these days!
Thanks!
I have a paraty and it gets beaten around, especially on air travel. Holds a lot and looks like new even after the stewardess shoved and squished it into the overhead compartment.
Sep 7, 2012, 5:17am   #147
b
belou47
Hey !
They are so beautiful !
But just something about the Paraty : don't you think taht handles make too much "gling gling" noise ? Sometimes with mine I am feeling like a cow in the country...
But fortunately it is really a practical bag.
Sep 7, 2012, 5:55pm   #148
beachgirl38
happy
Originally Posted by belou47
Hey !
They are so beautiful !
But just something about the Paraty : don't you think taht handles make too much "gling gling" noise ? Sometimes with mine I am feeling like a cow in the country...
But fortunately it is really a practical bag.
Yes!! that drove me nuts at first, but now i am so used to it & hardly hear it at all. love this bag too much!
Feb 9, 2013, 4:50pm   #149
cat1967
My dear friend asked for a fair assessment of both the Marcie vs. Paraty. Its a war, I tell you!

Just got both bags, and have been buying bags long enough to know what I like when I like, and what will eventually bother me about a particular bag. So here it goes. (And let me say again, how very awesome both bags are. I'm keeping both and I don't care of all [ok, most...] my bags turn into either a Marcie or Paraty.)

Hardware: The hw on the Marcie is this brushed gold, so even the warmer hues of the gold hw look somewhat muted. So cool, so classy without screaming for attention. Compared to that of the Paraty which has the shiny, bright gold hw. Since all I ever wear is silver and white gold jewelery, I much prefer the hw of the Marcie.

Handles (so important!): The handles of the Paraty are easier for me to carry because they're flat. Unlike that of the rolled handles of the Marcie which make for a "big grab." I would say the rolled handles are even a little bit too big, if even by a few centimeters. Also, I don't know who else has this issue but me, but the Marcie handles don't stay put on my shoulders without some fussing. And even though, the front one usually falls off at some point. The Paraty's handles' drop is too short for me to wear on the shoulder. But that's fine - there's a strap!

Shoulder strap: Duh! The obvious win here is the Paraty. And the newer Paraty's have that flattened piece in the center which is supposed to allow for easier wearing; but doesn't. Not for me anyways. Still, if I get the Paraty on a good way - it stays.

The opening of both bags are slightly too small for me cause I'm used to huge openings with Balenciaga. But it helps with the Marcie that the zipper comes completely off at one end, meaning it doesn’t have to cinch closed like you think it would. (I only just discovered this today when it popped off and I thought it broke. Taking a closer look, this design is genius). The zipper slides all the way off and you can leave it hanging on just one end. I’ve found with the Paraty, leaving the two sets of side clasps open makes the make smooshier and slightly bigger, meaning easier to get in and out of. So there are ways around the smaller openings for both bags.

Interior of both bags are really nice! Luxurious, even, when compared to Balenciaga (my ex-handbag obsession). Marcie wins b/c the inside of Ash is this lovely green khaki color that compliments the bag very well. Its like a nice surprise when I reach inside my bag. Like: oh! So pretty in here! I don’t use the outside pocket under the flap of Marcie, b/c lets face it – its difficult to reach. But besides that, Marcie has TWO inside pockets (one on each side) which I MUCH prefer to that of the Paraty which only has ONE pocket anywhere.

The outside seams/corners of the Marcie are like that of the Proenza Schoulder PS1. Kinda smashed together and then sewn together and finished with sealant. The seams/corners of the Paraty are sewn inwards and completely “finished.” And I much like finished corners/seams of the Paraty better since there’s less chance for splitting, kwim? But I can see why the Marcie HAD to have open seams, to get the shape of the horseshoe.

Whoa! Look at that! All this time typing and not enough pictures. Sorry for the rant, but hopefully this can help some of you who are deciding between the two...

Also a Balenciaga addict. I have 20. Thinking of getting my first Chloe. After reading your post I think I will get both the Paraty and the Marcy. Thank you so much for the info. Seeing pictures is very different than taking the opinion of someone who actually has used both of them. Thank you once more. Very helpful info!
Feb 13, 2013, 4:32pm   #150
kaits33

I found this older post today while I was searching for more info about Paraty vs Marcie--and also to see more pics of light tan. I wanted to say thank you for your review and beautiful pics. I just bought my first Chloe, a medium Paraty in Light Tan...Thanks to your pics. Seems like a great neutral. How is yours holding up?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >