Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Marcie - classic that can stand the test of time?

POST A REPLY

Aug 16, 2012, 6:40am   #1
namie
Do you think if Marcie can stand the test of time or is it an IT bag that will eventually be phased out?
Aug 16, 2012, 11:15am   #2
bunnches
I think Marcie is definately here to stay! Its a classic hobo design with no bells or whistles that scream "fad" or "too trendy". Its elegant, simple and understated and those are usually the pieces that are around forever
Aug 16, 2012, 1:33pm   #3
designerdiva40
I was put off for years after my experience with the paddington but 3 years later I have recently purchased my first Marcie & Paraty & I think both bags are here to stay & agree with bunnches that its not too fussy so I think it will be around for a long time.
Aug 16, 2012, 4:34pm   #4
yoyotomatoe
Live~Laugh~Love
Hmmmm....still not sure about Marcie. It was actually the Marcie that first got me into Chloe, but then I saw the Paraty shortly after doing more research and jumped ship real quick and have never looked back. Paraty I feel will become a classic but don't think I can say the same about the Marcie. This is just my opinion, maybe Marcie will prove me wrong
Aug 16, 2012, 5:58pm   #5
kdo
Let's Go Caps!
Yes, I think it'll endure the test of time. To me when I think of Chloe, the three bags that come to mind are: Silverado, Paraty and Marcie.
Aug 17, 2012, 12:02am   #6
a
aidan
the only 2 bags that i love from chloe are paraty n marcie..
Aug 17, 2012, 2:32am   #7
c
crazybagfan
Marcie will be one of the classic of Chloe :)
Aug 17, 2012, 7:36pm   #8
Cupcake2008
I agree that Marcie will become a classic for Chloe. They are simple and timeless. They're holding their price very well at resale as well.
Aug 20, 2012, 1:03pm   #9
c
chloechick
I hope they do hold their value as I want to sell my barely used large Marcie black hobo and buy a medium brown/tan marcie shoulder bag instead.I do love the classic look of the black hobo but the large is just too large!
Sep 18, 2012, 6:52am   #10
M
Modette
Does anyone here know which color the Marcie in the Chloé ad is? It looks so gorgeous!! Thanks!! :)

http://leatherhandbagsblog.com/wp-co...marcie-ad1.jpg
Sep 18, 2012, 10:39am   #11
lindylee
Originally Posted by Modette
Does anyone here know which color the Marcie in the Chloé ad is? It looks so gorgeous!! Thanks!! :)

http://leatherhandbagsblog.com/wp-co...marcie-ad1.jpg
It looks like Nut to me..
Sep 18, 2012, 9:34pm   #12
peachylv
I hope it will become a classic, but I will love my Marcie forever regardless.
Sep 18, 2012, 9:42pm   #13
mona_danya
Personal Shopper
Yep, I was just thinking today how I don't think I'd ever wanna sell it...It's classic!
Sep 19, 2012, 6:31pm   #14
t
tinyturtle
i'm working on getting my first marcie & totally agree w/ you about loving it regardless of whether it becomes a classic or not. however, i do think it will be a classic.

Originally Posted by peachylv
I hope it will become a classic, but I will love my Marcie forever regardless.
Sep 19, 2012, 8:55pm   #15
peachylv
Originally Posted by tinyturtle
i'm working on getting my first marcie & totally agree w/ you about loving it regardless of whether it becomes a classic or not. however, i do think it will be a classic.
I'm glad you feel the same way. I'm thinking it will become a classic though too.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >