THE BEST BLACK FRIDAY SALES

Yoox

20% Off With Code: YOOXGIVING

Moda Operandi

Black Friday Sale

Neiman Marcus

Up To 40% Off Designer Sale

Saks Fifth Ave

Up To 60% Off Selected Styles

Nordstrom

Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Chloe - Marcie

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Aug 10, 2012, 12:25am   #1
m
Thread Starter
mahobad
Maho
Hi - Wanted to get your input on which size Marcie I should purchase? I'm approximately 5ft, 4inches and wondering if the large will be overbearing? I can't figure out how many sizes the Marcie comes in...

1. Double Handle Bag - approximately $1400 & assuming it doesn't have the long strap to hang on side: http://www.matchesfashion.com/produc...at:J84DHJLQkR4

2. Medium Marcie - approximately $1700 with long strap: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.as...seasProdID=56I

3. Large Marcie: Approx $1900 with strap
http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.as...seasProdID=56I

Help! Also does anyone know if I can find cheaper deals in Europe on these bags?
Aug 10, 2012, 12:44am   #2
pree's Avatar
pree
Member
Hi! I'm the same height as you.
I have a small marcie with a long strap which makes it into a great crossbody bag. I think that the medium is only slightly bigger and so would also be ok. I feel that the large would be too big.
Hope this helps.
I'll see if I can post some modelling pics to show you its proportions.
Aug 10, 2012, 12:46am   #3
m
Thread Starter
mahobad
Maho
Originally Posted by pree
Hi! I'm the same height as you.
I have a small marcie with a long strap which makes it into a great crossbody bag. I think that the medium is only slightly bigger and so would also be ok. I feel that the large would be too big.
Hope this helps.
I'll see if I can post some modelling pics to show you its proportions.
That would be lovely and super helpful! Whenever you can, no rush :)
Aug 10, 2012, 6:18am   #4
Younna's Avatar
Younna
Member
I also am the same hight and think the large one looks to big.
Even the medium/small one with the strap is a rather large bag for me, but it looks nice on me.

Btw the websites you posted links of are in fact European. :) If you want better deals you could check out HGbags
Aug 10, 2012, 9:48am   #5
bunnches's Avatar
bunnches
Member
The large size satchel is very large. I think it would overpower your petite frame! Medium would probably be better.
Aug 10, 2012, 10:15am   #6
m
Thread Starter
mahobad
Maho
Originally Posted by Younna
I also am the same hight and think the large one looks to big.
Even the medium/small one with the strap is a rather large bag for me, but it looks nice on me.

Btw the websites you posted links of are in fact European. :) If you want better deals you could check out HGbags
Thanks ladies - very helpful! I was leaning towards that but you guys have helped.
So HG bags is authentic for sure? They have a lot of options.
Aug 10, 2012, 10:52am   #7
sandysandiego's Avatar
sandysandiego
Member
Hi! I am 5'5" and both the small with strap and the med/small without strap are good sizes. Here is a comparison pic of the two sizes. While wearing they look nearly the same!

Originally Posted by mahobad
Hi - Wanted to get your input on which size Marcie I should purchase? I'm approximately 5ft, 4inches and wondering if the large will be overbearing? I can't figure out how many sizes the Marcie comes in...

1. Double Handle Bag - approximately $1400 & assuming it doesn't have the long strap to hang on side: http://www.matchesfashion.com/product/54746?qxjkl=tsid:38929|cat:J84DHJLQkR4

2. Medium Marcie - approximately $1700 with long strap: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx?#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=0 G81&des=&cat=0&gender=women&group=bags&vendorColor =MTc0&season=actual&seasProdID=56I

3. Large Marcie: Approx $1900 with strap
http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx?#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=A 0A9&des=&cat=0&gender=women&group=bags&vendorColor =MDAx&season=actual&seasProdID=56I

Help! Also does anyone know if I can find cheaper deals in Europe on these bags?
Attached Images
 
Aug 10, 2012, 7:44pm   #8
gagabag's Avatar
gagabag
Member
Can you fit them on your shoulder comfortably? Ta!
Aug 10, 2012, 8:13pm   #9
sandysandiego's Avatar
sandysandiego
Member
Yes, both fit comfortably on the shoulder!

Originally Posted by gagabag
Can you fit them on your shoulder comfortably? Ta!
Aug 10, 2012, 8:51pm   #10
c
catsinthebag
adopt a shelter pet!
I'm about 5'6 and have the medium Marcie with the strap. It holds plenty and I do like having the cross-body option. The handles are comfortable on the shoulder. The medium holds plenty for everyday use. I have tried on the large Marcie and it is HUGE! I thought it was overwhelming on me, and I'm a little taller than you! Hope this helps.
Aug 11, 2012, 2:29am   #11
a
aidan
Member
I'm abt ur height and tried the large marcie, it was huge... I think the medium is just nice :)
Aug 12, 2012, 1:39am   #12
m
Thread Starter
mahobad
Maho
Originally Posted by sandysandiego
Hi! I am 5'5" and both the small with strap and the med/small without strap are good sizes. Here is a comparison pic of the two sizes. While wearing they look nearly the same!

Thanks for the pic, the bags are beautiful. They look very similar in size. I havent seen too many websites with the "small" size they all seem to only show the medium and the large. I think i'd probably end up going for the small if I can find it in a nice color. Any website suggestions? I'm in Canada but traveling to Europe soon so can also pick it up from there.
Aug 12, 2012, 12:54pm   #13
sandysandiego's Avatar
sandysandiego
Member
Most sites call the small the Medium with strap. It is about an inch smaller in the width and height. Saks and Neiman Marcus both carry the bag! And hgbagsonline.com!

QUOTE=mahobad;22601976]Thanks for the pic, the bags are beautiful. They look very similar in size. I havent seen too many websites with the "small" size they all seem to only show the medium and the large. I think i'd probably end up going for the small if I can find it in a nice color. Any website suggestions? I'm in Canada but traveling to Europe soon so can also pick it up from there.[/QUOTE]
Sep 3, 2012, 12:42am   #14
h
heymomma
Member
Large for sure!
Sep 3, 2012, 2:17pm   #15
beachgirl38's Avatar
beachgirl38
happy
Originally Posted by sandysandiego
Most sites call the small the Medium with strap. It is about an inch smaller in the width and height. Saks and Neiman Marcus both carry the bag! And hgbagsonline.com!

QUOTE=mahobad;22601976]Thanks for the pic, the bags are beautiful. They look very similar in size. I havent seen too many websites with the "small" size they all seem to only show the medium and the large. I think i'd probably end up going for the small if I can find it in a nice color. Any website suggestions? I'm in Canada but traveling to Europe soon so can also pick it up from there.
[/QUOTE]

I know you recently bought your marcie from HGbags - I just went to purchase a bag & got nervous & cancelled my order because the payment said it was going to a company called "Designer Deals Unlimited". I would pay through Paypal. I did not see the name HGbags anywhere! Is that where your payment went? I went on the HGbags website to order.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools