Home Premier Designers Chloé

Anthracite Paddy - Color Rubbing Off - Help !!


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Aug 8, 2006, 12:35am   #1
stormy's Avatar
Thread Starter
Shepherds Rule!!
Hello: I need some advice!! I have a brand new Authentic Paddy in Metallic Anthracite that I purchased late last month. I have used it two times, just to go out to dinner and I have been SUPER careful with it both times. It is stored in its dustbag at all other times. When I took it out today to look at it I noticed that in several places on the bag the color appeared to be rubbing off!!! The bag is not scratched or anything - like I said, I am very careful with it. The color just looks like it is rubbing off. Of course, I am freaking out - this was an expensive bag!

I purchased it on eBay from a reputable seller. I feel she should take it back and refund my money. Can I have some feedback on this matter from you ladies out there ?????
Aug 8, 2006, 6:19am   #2
chloe-babe's Avatar
Member
I guess the problem with buying from eBay is that the seller probably is not entitled to offer you a refund, as she sold it to you without the rubbing. HOWEVER, Chloe, regardless of where you purchased it from, must put it right, so you need to contact one of their stores. It will probably need to be sent away, and Chloe closes down for the whole of August for their holiday, so I would hold onto it until September and then take it to your nearest Chloe outlet who will get it repaired for you :)
Unfortunately, you are not the first person to report rubbing issues with the metallic colours :(, I hope you get it sorted easily
Aug 8, 2006, 6:25am   #3
lordguinny's Avatar
member
I agree with Chloe-babe. The seller really isn't obligated to give you a refund since it is a characteristic of the metallics to rub off. I never knew that Chloe boutiques would take care of that though? I wonder if they would do the same for chipped locks?

I hear people complain about the anthracite colours rubbing off all the time. It is one of the reasons I stay away from those colours.

I'm sorry and I would follow chloe-babe's advice to call Chloe...although, would they help her since she has no proof of boutique/department store receipt?
Aug 8, 2006, 7:41am   #4
chloe-babe's Avatar
Member
I am sure they would have to, because I guess lots of Chloe's are purchased as gifts for people who may also not have the receipt?, One of my padlocks on my paddy has recently broke, and I had the following response from Chloe


Dear Julie

We are sorry about the damaged item ...

To give you the best service, could you please be so kind as to contact the
nearest Chloe's boutique.

The boutique manager will give you all the information about Chloe's return
policy

Best regards
The Chloe team



So, I am sure that they can assist her.
Aug 8, 2006, 8:06am   #5
annsfabulousfinds's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by stormy
Hello: I need some advice!! I have a brand new Authentic Paddy in Metallic Anthracite that I purchased late last month. I have used it two times, just to go out to dinner and I have been SUPER careful with it both times. It is stored in its dustbag at all other times. When I took it out today to look at it I noticed that in several places on the bag the color appeared to be rubbing off!!! The bag is not scratched or anything - like I said, I am very careful with it. The color just looks like it is rubbing off. Of course, I am freaking out - this was an expensive bag!

I purchased it on eBay from a reputable seller. I feel she should take it back and refund my money. Can I have some feedback on this matter from you ladies out there ?????
I have the same problem! One end of my bag is rubbed. I sprayed the bag with Shining Monkey in hope that it does not get worse. I plan on calling Chloe - but good to know they are closed. I am using a different bag so I will wait until Sept to follow-up.
Aug 8, 2006, 10:01am   #6
bisbee's Avatar
Best Bubbie
Originally Posted by lordguinny
I hear people complain about the anthracite colours rubbing off all the time. It is one of the reasons I stay away from those colours.
Have you heard about the non-metallic anthracite rubbing off, or it is only the metallic? I ask because I'm considering going for an anthracite Paddy myself!


Thanks!
Aug 8, 2006, 10:22am   #7
stormy's Avatar
Thread Starter
Shepherds Rule!!
Thanks so much to everyone for all of the advice. I have contacted the seller and she is going to send me another bag, this time not a metallic!! Even though the anthracite color is TDF, after this experience I would probably steer clear of that color. Luckily, Chloe makes so many incredible colors that it is pretty easy to make another selection! Thanks again !!
Aug 8, 2006, 2:42pm   #8
sparkledust's Avatar
Member
stormy, glad to hear you are getting this resolved, I'm having the same problem with my silver paddington, which I received from LVR in late January. I'm not sure what I could do about the problem at this point.
Last edited Aug 8, 2006 at 2:42pm. Reason: typo
Aug 8, 2006, 4:04pm   #9
lordguinny's Avatar
member
Originally Posted by stormy
Thanks so much to everyone for all of the advice. I have contacted the seller and she is going to send me another bag, this time not a metallic!! Even though the anthracite color is TDF, after this experience I would probably steer clear of that color. Luckily, Chloe makes so many incredible colors that it is pretty easy to make another selection! Thanks again !!
I've heard the rubbing off from all anthracite paddingtons, not just metallic...that is unfortunate.

Stormy, WOW that is very impressive that the eBay seller is sending you another bag! That's almost unheard of...lol. Great news!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Chloé  
TOP

Thread Tools