Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Student support thread!

POST A REPLY

Jul 27, 2010, 6:58pm   #1
Awwgeez
I thought it would be nice to open a student support thread. Im a full time college student and its nice to vent to people who understand what Im going through. Any other students here?
Jul 27, 2010, 8:47pm   #2
NagaJolokia
Living Hard
Hi, I'm a part-time student with 2 courses and going to work full-time. I am currently taking online classes. I will be changing to full-time status as a student in January 2011 and will have to find work that's no more than 16 hours a week. This is for my bachelor's starting from scratch again. I got my associate's three years ago and wish I had chosen a completely different school as it is a waste of 30 grand due accreditation and reputation. The past is the past.
Jul 27, 2010, 11:10pm   #3
Awwgeez
Hi Naga! What are you now majoring in? Ive wasted alot of time as well, with regards to what I want to major in, I finally have figured it out. I hope this one sticks!
Jul 28, 2010, 9:49am   #4
NagaJolokia
Living Hard
I am still deciding whether or not I want to major in biotechnology or IT security or IT network administration. I'm currently taking courses that apply to both while I decide. I have until Jan. of next year to do it, but I'm so on the fence! It's like I have to flip a coin three ways.
Jul 28, 2010, 11:36am   #5
Awwgeez
That is a tough decision! At least you have a few more months to decide. I honestly have never had a harder decision, than picking a major, once you get so far into your classes you cant go back and change your mind. Unless you want to back track and spend more time and money. Good luck with your decision!
Jul 28, 2010, 10:17pm   #6
dreamscapexl
Purse Obsessed
Also a full-time student. :) Currently on summer though, but I go back to university in September.
Jul 28, 2010, 11:59pm   #7
Awwgeez
^^ Hi dream! Im on vacation until August 16, and Im enjoying every second of it! I normally take 3 classes a semester, this time Im taking four, I hope its not a big difference!

What are you majoring in?
Aug 2, 2010, 9:30am   #8
carleymarie
Carley-Marie
Hey!

There is a thread similar to this one. I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for. It's a little bit more general, so I'm not sure if you were looking to create something more studies-related.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chatter-b...in-490975.html

If not, well, I'm a student also on vacation until the 16th. I definitely like talking to people who feel the same pressures and have similar experiences during their time in university (and just feel the need to vent sometimes).
Aug 4, 2010, 6:52pm   #9
p
plain jane doe
Well, I will be a student again in the fall, but I don't know if I will be exactly a college student. I have my bachelor's, went back to school once for a year of personal enrichment/random courses, and have been working the last couple of years. In the fall I will be studying French language full-time.
Aug 4, 2010, 10:47pm   #10
Chineka
1-27-12 <3
I'm in Grad School majoring in Secondary Education and working full time.

Awwgeez
4 classes won't make much of a difference if their are some electives as your classes.

NagaJolokia What are your long term goals are far as career goes? That might help you narrow your decision of what major to pick.

Plain Jane Doe That's great that you want to study French. What are you planning on doing with the major. A french teacher is always needed in the school system. :)

CarleyMarie Hi!!!! I'll be seeing you in the other thread also.
Aug 6, 2010, 11:26am   #11
carleymarie
Carley-Marie
Hey Chineka!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >