Home > > >

Sleep? No, of COURSE not.

POST A REPLY

Sep 10, 2008, 4:47am   #1
blueeyedgirl
Fashion Addict!
Good morning everyone. Welcome to my hell. It is 4:45 in CT where I live. I am 23 and a full-time college student and a part-time legal secretary. Tomorrow, er, today, I have 2 classes and work. I am not done until 8pm.

So why am I up, you ask? No idea. Just can't sleep. It may be nerves, or stress, or the fact that I don't feel great.

Oh, and I have a huge presentation tomorrow night at 6 p.m. for a verrrry picky professor.

aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!
Sep 10, 2008, 5:13am   #2
sara999
RIP Daddy...
hey there! it's 10:13AM in london and i'm at work. but i'll happily keep you company during your insomnia!
Sep 10, 2008, 5:21am   #3
blueeyedgirl
Fashion Addict!
Thanks Sara

How is your day going so far? And what is London weather like? I've been to London once, 8 years ago, but I was only 15 and thus only interested in boys!
Sep 10, 2008, 5:28am   #4
sara999
RIP Daddy...
haha! my day is going okay, my boss is in a meeting so i'm stealing some time on TPF before he comes back and i have to get back to work. it's sunny outside which is nice since we've had nonstop rain for about a week! i'm trying to decide if i want my between meals snack (small pot of yummy yoghurt) now or later...oh the decisions! haha. but today should be a good day, i have a seminar out of the office and it is in a series of seminars and the first one i went to was really fun and a great way to pass the time...so hopefully this one will be too!! i'm 23 too! until tomorrow

what is your presentation on? what's your major? do you like being a legal secretary? do you like living in connecticut? i always wanted to visit there!!!
Sep 10, 2008, 5:34am   #5
blueeyedgirl
Fashion Addict!
My presentation is on Young Adult Literature and why it is important, and more specifically about Sherman Alexie's book 'The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian.'

(I am studying to be a high school english teacher.)

My major is English/Education with a minor in pysch.

Being a legal secretary is fun- my boss is awesome. However, I would get bored if it was my job forever, I think. I need new challenges all the time. A classroom full of rowdy teens should do the trick!

I love CT. I've lived here all my life, except for 3 years in NYC for college and a year and a half in Ohio with an exboyfriend.

If you visit America, you should visit or stay in CT because then you can visit Boston, Mass and NYC easily. Thats one of the reasons I love it.

I hope your next seminar goes well and is interesting! And happy (almost) birthday!
Sep 10, 2008, 9:16pm   #6
Necromancer
I know the feeling. I couldn't sleep last night. Got home at around 1 am from seeing a band and have more or less been awake since.
Best of luck with your presentation.
Sep 12, 2008, 10:30am   #7
i_wona
like two plums
Well, it's 12:25am on Saturday 13 September in Australia. Why am I still awake? because the house keeps making creepy cracking noises and I just cannot seem to get to sleep!
Sep 12, 2008, 11:23am   #8
Louis_gal
Moving right along..
UGH, same here. Last night I got up at 3:30 in the morning to answer nature's call and couldn't get back to sleep. I hate when that happens.
Sep 12, 2008, 11:50pm   #9
i_wona
like two plums
^ same here! It drives me crazy!

I went out the front of our house with my coffee this morning and it turns out the creepy rustling that woke me up at 3:30am was someone ripping down the teatree screen that acts as our front fence. GAAAH!

It felt like I'd only just fallen asleep when I heard what sounded like our front hedge rustling. I knew it was a person because the sound of their footsteps is what woke me up in the first place - I proceeded to spend the next hour absolutely terrified, praying for dawn and listening to the sound of my heart pumping in my ears LOL

Honestly, what is wrong with people nowadays?!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >