Home > >

Which Chanel purchase(s) did you regret?

POST A REPLY

May 7, 2012, 8:41pm   #586
shattrstar
Originally Posted by mycarryon
I just got it, but now I regret buying the 10C red M/L flap. It is a gorgeous red, but I have no confidence in myself in handling the delicate lambskin. :-(
But it's such a pretty color! I have been hunting for one but in caviar cuz I don't trust myself with lambskin =X You could always spa the bag if it gets worn?
May 7, 2012, 10:23pm   #587
mycarryon
Originally Posted by shattrstar

But it's such a pretty color! I have been hunting for one but in caviar cuz I don't trust myself with lambskin =X You could always spa the bag if it gets worn?
I've never brought a bag to get a spa treatment. Who does it? how does it turn out?
May 9, 2012, 2:12pm   #588
amag520
Nerdy Fashionista
Well I did it...I just took my first Chanel (Chanel Black Caviar Briefcase) to a consignment store. It was sad because it was my first purchase, but I did truly regret buying it because I have such little use for it. I'm not one for pieces to just sit in a case or box.

Felt soooo strange walking away from the bag....though of course, someone has to buy it first.
May 9, 2012, 2:47pm   #589
NYCGIRLY
I <3 CHANEL
Originally Posted by amag520
Well I did it...I just took my first Chanel (Chanel Black Caviar Briefcase) to a consignment store. It was sad because it was my first purchase, but I did truly regret buying it because I have such little use for it. I'm not one for pieces to just sit in a case or box.

Felt soooo strange walking away from the bag....though of course, someone has to buy it first.
Awww why mot sell it on ebay. Doesnt consignment store take more of a commission on the items. On ebay you can get most of your $ back :)
May 9, 2012, 3:33pm   #590
amag520
Nerdy Fashionista
Originally Posted by NYCGIRLY
Awww why mot sell it on ebay. Doesnt consignment store take more of a commission on the items. On ebay you can get most of your $ back :)
Well we worked out a deal. I said I would only sell it in the consignment store if I got a minimum price. So instead of doing a 50/50 split, we are doing like an 80/20. The store does get Chanel's but not very often so we were able to sign a deal (paperwork etc). I was still hard to think that it is just sitting in a store. The store has a website,so she might put it on there too. (I don't want to give all the details because I don't want to get accused of promoting my own sales on this site).

I am very apprehensive about selling on ebay. I have purchased Chanels and CLs before on ebay, but I"m so scared to sell.
May 31, 2012, 7:05pm   #591
Virginiamb
Yes, it just has sat in my closet since I purchased it. I feel jumbos are too heavy and I prefer reissues, but I just had to search high and low for the limited edition black jumbo with bhw until I got one a few months ago. It is a beautiful bag but I do not carry because it is too heavy for me:( I hate it does not get used. That one is a regret for me and probably really the only one I knew better.
May 31, 2012, 7:07pm   #592
Virginiamb
Originally Posted by shattrstar

I would love to have it in a caviar jumbo too I have it In a caviar maxi and never carry it either:(
May 31, 2012, 7:12pm   #593
Virginiamb
Originally Posted by PursesRock1

I would sell it if you're not totally in love with it? The way I see it is, its just a waste of your hard earned $$ just sitting in the closet. You might as well sell it, get some $ from it, then apply it to something you will absolutely adore and want to wear... You only live once, show off and wear a Chanel that brings you pure joy! That's just my opinion.
Ditto
May 31, 2012, 7:16pm   #594
julemakeup
I have another purchase I regret. My flats. Prior to being pregnant, I wore a size 35. They were snug, but fine. However, after pregnancy, I can no longer fit into them comfortably for more than 5 mins. Such a waste since I was only able to enjoy it less than a handful of times. Thinking about selling it though.
May 31, 2012, 8:14pm   #595
Mrs Tipton
NY State of Mind
Originally Posted by phillj12
I think it looks great on you!
...just saw this post and wanted to say thanks.
May 31, 2012, 8:29pm   #596
jeNYC
My m/l beige with ghw lambskin. Practically brand new sitting in my closet. *sigh*
May 31, 2012, 8:50pm   #597
Virginiamb
Originally Posted by jeNYC
My m/l beige with ghw lambskin. Practically brand new sitting in my closet. *sigh*
I had my m/l beige claire caviar with ghw I purchased several months ago nwt i just sold today.
May 31, 2012, 10:22pm   #598
sequoia
@ roe, you are funny. Maybe place something on bottom of bag so it doesn't sag. And I agree, try selling it on eBay :)
May 31, 2012, 10:27pm   #599
SweetCherries
*Happy Diamonds*
A black lambskin backpack for $1995 15yrs ago in Vegas, should have bought a classic like a jumbo instead
Jun 1, 2012, 2:37am   #600
Tinagirl11
This is going to sound weird since I know a lot of you ladies are jumbo fans...I regret purchasing my black caviar jumbo. It has been sitting in my closet for the last 6 months gathering dust. It is far too heavy for me to carry as an everyday bag and being only 5'1" who never wears heels, I feel it doesn't look proportionate to my size. Way too large.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >