Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

The Cerf Tote Thread

POST A REPLY

Jul 31, 2006, 1:26am   #16
Lily
You're so sweet, pursegalsf! Thank you.

And you definitely wouldn't regret buying a cerf. Especially in black! (The Purse Forum is such a terrible enabler, isn't it? LoL.)
Jul 31, 2006, 9:48am   #17
jag
OMG! Lily you are the best! Thank you so much for posting the pics, and the size comparison too! That was so helpful! Your pics are making me want one even more-it looks so fabulous on you!!!

Goldensx5 and babyhart- thank you so much for all of your input!! IT really helps making this decision. I will definitely be checking out your pics Golden!!! Thank you again!!!

This is such a dangerous place!!!
Jul 31, 2006, 10:29am   #18
S
SCL
Jag, I looked at the cerf yesterday in NM...gorgeous...I almost bought one, but picked up a tote instead...still thinking about that cerf...
Jul 31, 2006, 11:02am   #19
japskivt
Love the CERF - its fabulous - I keep wanting to buy it, but I talk myself out of it b/c I want "seasonal" bags first - it is so NICE!!
Jul 31, 2006, 11:38am   #20
V
Vixy
I love my chocolate cerf. It really is a great bag. Like many have already mentioned it fits on shoulders and looks great hand carried.
You definitely need one :)
Here's a old pic of my cerf:
Jul 31, 2006, 12:32pm   #21
Savannah
Jag, I think you would love the Cerf. Here are mine for you to compare the two different sizes.
Attached Images

Jul 31, 2006, 12:44pm   #22
jag
You ladies are the best! I am so torn- it was gorgeous too! A super rich and dark chocolate- I might be in love!!!

SoCal- this place is so dangerous! Between Chanel and Hermes I am a total gonner!!!!
Jul 31, 2006, 1:05pm   #23
S
SCL
Very, very dangerous...I am now thinking the larger cerf would make a great staple and "practice" birkin while the smaller cerf would make a fabulous "practice" shoulder birkin...sick, sick, sick...
Jul 31, 2006, 1:21pm   #24
jag
Originally Posted by SoCal
Very, very dangerous...I am now thinking the larger cerf would make a great staple and "practice" birkin while the smaller cerf would make a fabulous "practice" shoulder birkin...sick, sick, sick...

LOL!!! You are so right!!! The smaller one does remind me a bit of the JPG- Uh oh..... must..step..away..from..the computer
Jul 31, 2006, 1:37pm   #25
S
SCL
Will let you know what happens later in the day...feeling very weak...
Jul 31, 2006, 2:28pm   #26
A
Angel14
Are they still making the small one with the mademoiselle closure?
Jul 31, 2006, 3:15pm   #27
roey
Where does one go in handbag land after Chanel? PLEASE don't send me down the Hermes road! I'll be living out of my handbags at that point!!

After reading so many great things about the Cerf tote, I have decided to take a trip to NM to exchange my chocolate Muse for a Cerf. My sister wanted to buy me a classic, timeless bag as a birthday gift back in May, and we chose the Muse together. But after a few times carrying it (the large size) it feels clumsy and is not my usual style. I have tried to love it but just can't. I spoke with my sister and she is fine with me exchanging it for something else, and I think it is going to be the chocolate cerf with the cc closure! Unless I get there and another bag jumps out at me...

Does anyone know if the base of the cerf is as wide as the Muse? That is my problem with the Muse; the base is so wide that it feels awkward to carry, especially on the shoulder.
Jul 31, 2006, 3:38pm   #28
pinkandgreen
I have been drooling over the cerf with cc closure forever. However being a poor college student prevents me from splurging for a while. Has the cc closure been discontinued for the mademoiselle closure or does chanel continue to produce both?
Jul 31, 2006, 3:39pm   #29
jag
Roey I found the cerf tote to be much eaiser to carry. I have tried on the Muse and not crazy about the proportions of the bag. The cerf tote feels and looks much better on IMO. But go check it out for yourself, you won't be disappointed! In fact, I bet you end up with one of these beauties!!!
Jul 31, 2006, 5:00pm   #30
*jennifer*
crazy for chalcedony
Originally Posted by roey
Where does one go in handbag land after Chanel? PLEASE don't send me down the Hermes road! I'll be living out of my handbags at that point!!

After reading so many great things about the Cerf tote, I have decided to take a trip to NM to exchange my chocolate Muse for a Cerf. My sister wanted to buy me a classic, timeless bag as a birthday gift back in May, and we chose the Muse together. But after a few times carrying it (the large size) it feels clumsy and is not my usual style. I have tried to love it but just can't. I spoke with my sister and she is fine with me exchanging it for something else, and I think it is going to be the chocolate cerf with the cc closure! Unless I get there and another bag jumps out at me...

Does anyone know if the base of the cerf is as wide as the Muse? That is my problem with the Muse; the base is so wide that it feels awkward to carry, especially on the shoulder.
roey, get the cerf! i tried it on the day i was checking out the square vintage.
the cerf is a classic! very comfortable on the shoulder. it's chic, subtle and understated.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >