Home Premier Designers Chanel

Oh gosh! 12A Bronze vs Copper! What's the difference?

POST A REPLY

Jul 18, 2012, 10:09am   #1
Hi TPFers, I have just reserved a Bronze jumbo but realised that there's a copper as well!
I saw the bronze from here:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-sh...741974-77.html

Any ideas how the copper is compared to the bronze. Are the pictures true to color for the above?

I have a 12A dark gold so I am hoping they fare quite differently in colors. Somehow I just love this season's earth colors. Got the brown pondichery too.....Arrgh, husband is making a lot of noise!

Any input and pics are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Jul 19, 2012, 4:56am   #2
Copper is available at Hirsch, i'm sure someone will post in the authentic finds thread?
Last edited Jul 19, 2012 at 5:32am.
Jul 19, 2012, 5:33am   #3
Lover of Luxury!
There is a copper jumbo and copper medium lamb flap in the Authentic Chanel Finds thread that Yodaling1 posted pg 193. The copper lamb medium flap will definitely have to be my next purchase it looks beautiful!
Jul 30, 2012, 8:28am   #4
Hi ladies I have received the 12A bronze but the tag says "khaki". Not sure why. Read somewhere it's bronzy khaki? Some says "khaki" is "taupe". I am not sure at all but I am sure mine is a metallic bronze from 12a. See the pics. Just came in today!

Name:  image-3342386533.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  517.1 KB
Attached Images

Jul 30, 2012, 8:30am   #5
I will be comparing this 12A bronze with the 12A prefall dark gold. This is the dark gold

Name:  image-1779880527.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  244.9 KB
Jul 30, 2012, 8:34am   #6
Ok let's start. Enjoy:

Name:  image-3189777895.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  531.5 KB
Attached Images

Jul 30, 2012, 8:39am   #7
The above pics are taken in much natural light. The bronze stays true to its color but the dark gold looks pinkish under natural light. The dark gold is reflective but the bronze is matte. V matte I feel. I believe under warm lights both look more similar. Will add more pics later
Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 8:50am.
Jul 30, 2012, 9:06am   #8
Trying to be good
I love your copper!!!! Thanks for posting all these pix. Do you think it'll be a good everyday flap? I'm looking for something like this but want to use it everyday.
Jul 30, 2012, 9:06am   #9
Originally Posted by iloveaaa
Hi ladies I have received the 12A bronze but the tag says "khaki". Not sure why. Read somewhere it's bronzy khaki? Some says "khaki" is "taupe". I am not sure at all but I am sure mine is a metallic bronze from 12a. See the pics. Just came in today!
Tell me more about the color and finish.... Is it as it appears in pictures. Is there some shine....
Congratulations! !
Jul 30, 2012, 9:37am   #10
Originally Posted by vink
I love your copper!!!! Thanks for posting all these pix. Do you think it'll be a good everyday flap? I'm looking for something like this but want to use it everyday.
It's bronze. I won't use it as everyday. Looks more fragile than the caviar black.... Its lamb. Hmmm... The shimmer gives it some glam. Maybe something dressier?
Jul 30, 2012, 9:39am   #11
Originally Posted by Pursebop

Tell me more about the color and finish.... Is it as it appears in pictures. Is there some shine....
Congratulations! !
There's slight glimmer to it. It is lamb feel but not the buttery soft type. A little taut and dry feel....
Jul 30, 2012, 9:43am   #12

It's bronze. I won't use it as everyday. Looks more fragile than the caviar black.... Its lamb. Hmmm... The shimmer gives it some glam. Maybe something dressier?
I have been contemplating a m/l in this for evenings....does it look like a dark gold, or a true bronze..... Do u think it's finish is too fragile like many of the metallic finish lambskins or does it feel more durable..... I completely agree that it's an evening bag!
Jul 30, 2012, 10:30am   #13
Originally Posted by Pursebop

I have been contemplating a m/l in this for evenings....does it look like a dark gold, or a true bronze..... Do u think it's finish is too fragile like many of the metallic finish lambskins or does it feel more durable..... I completely agree that it's an evening bag!
Hmm.., v difficult to answer questions... It's truly hard to pin a color to it. It's like gold to me actually but it's term bronze which has a shade of it too... It's definitely not khaki to me but some may even say yellowish brown? I think this color goes well with beige/ ivory/ silverish and black theme clothes. It looks glammer than the beige with ghw so I think a m/l for evening is pretty! To me I think it's durable.
Jul 30, 2012, 12:50pm   #14

Hmm.., v difficult to answer questions... It's truly hard to pin a color to it. It's like gold to me actually but it's term bronze which has a shade of it too... It's definitely not khaki to me but some may even say yellowish brown? I think this color goes well with beige/ ivory/ silverish and black theme clothes. It looks glammer than the beige with ghw so I think a m/l for evening is pretty! To me I think it's durable.
I am very excited to see it IRL! Looks gorgeous :)
Jul 30, 2012, 12:59pm   #15
CC x DY
thanks for the comparison pics!

I had a 11P bronze in metallic lamb that was labeled the same way. The box says one thing while the tag says the other. In Chanel bronze = khaki.

I love your dark gold too. would love to see mod pics of your dark gold. It's still my favorite color. Love the pinkish undertone.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Chanel